Zoom G5 (my impressions)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Zoom G5 (my impressions)

Postby univalve » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 am

Dramatis Persona wrote:
univalve wrote:The Big muff on the g3 Sounds very good to me. And the looper is also very nice.

Seriusly? I didn't like the big muff emulation, too trebly than a real one, but I found the Squak or RAT really cool!

Yeah, but it was on a g3 Bass Version with a Bass amp when i tried it at my buddys House. No idea if it is different :idk:
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dramatis Persona » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:12 pm

univalve wrote:
Dramatis Persona wrote:
univalve wrote:The Big muff on the g3 Sounds very good to me. And the looper is also very nice.

Seriusly? I didn't like the big muff emulation, too trebly than a real one, but I found the Squak or RAT really cool!

Yeah, but it was on a g3 Bass Version with a Bass amp when i tried it at my buddys House. No idea if it is different :idk:

I tried the "Great Muff" with the Exciter and the tube booster as a pre-amp for warming up the sound (yes, it works perfectly) and It sounds very huge!
Shit, this thing is the best purchase I ever made!
Dramatis Persona

committed
committed

Postby nevada » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Can you really stack six effects or are there limitations when stacking certain effects like, say, six reverbs or delays?
Good deals with PumpkinPieces, hazelwould, PetZounds, Steelyeye, DannDubbleEwe (x3), skullservant (x3), ChetMagongalo, leaves turn, Helter, EvilCatBucky, OddKnowledge, vanderholm, Phengren Oswald, Uncle Grandfather, decomposing, MrNovember, multi_s (x2), smallsoundbigsound (x2), Dandolin, Strangle Tales who is a good dude
nevada

experienced
experienced

Postby Dramatis Persona » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:00 pm

With the G5 I can stack up to 9 pedals/amps at time. I never maxed the CPU but I used autoswell, compressor, eq, pitchshifter, vibrato,hd reverb, tape and reverse delay without problems. I think long decay reverb, pitch shifting, reverse and frippertronesque tape delay are CPU suckers.
Dramatis Persona

committed
committed

Postby Decibill » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Man, I am so glad other people have found this pedal and are digging it. I thought the G3 was good, but the G5 just impresses me more and more each time I use it.
Decibill

committed
committed

Postby nevada » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 pm

Probably the same DSP and programs, but it looks like I was thinking of the 50G/B, not the G5.
Good deals with PumpkinPieces, hazelwould, PetZounds, Steelyeye, DannDubbleEwe (x3), skullservant (x3), ChetMagongalo, leaves turn, Helter, EvilCatBucky, OddKnowledge, vanderholm, Phengren Oswald, Uncle Grandfather, decomposing, MrNovember, multi_s (x2), smallsoundbigsound (x2), Dandolin, Strangle Tales who is a good dude
nevada

experienced
experienced

Postby Dramatis Persona » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:48 am

nevada wrote:Probably the same DSP and programs, but it looks like I was thinking of the 50G/B, not the G5.

With a little price difference you can consider the ms100, you can add some cool effects.
Dramatis Persona

committed
committed

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 am

The MS-100BT and the MS-70CDR are both $100 at Samash.com. The 100 has recently added some free bass and CDR patches in the store/app, but not all. I'm a bit more interested in the 70, but the 100 is a pretty good deal for doing a bit of everything.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear