Filter pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Filter pedals

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:Anywho mention the Maestro Parametric Filter? It's amazing on all instruments. There is a modern clone that goes for about the same price as the vintage unit, yet it's much smaller.

You're talking about the Stone Deaf PDF-1.

that's it. Seemed to get a good reviews, but if it's not what he's looking for... :(
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:53 pm

I've got a PDF-1 & love it. Great pedal. Highly recommended. He should get one anyway.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:27 pm

:lol: okay, cool Chank

it's, indeed, not what I'm looking for. We have also sort of established i'm probably looking for a straight up synth pedal, which surprised me a little bit :lol: :facepalm:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:56 pm

The bass sound you're trying to replicate has a bit more of a modern electro type feel and I think the BSY600 has more of that compared to the Bass Synth Wah however the Bass Synth Wah does sound quite nice.
Last edited by Tristan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:57 pm

:thumb:

Also, probably not exactly what you're looking for, but, as far as synth pedals go, I love the SubDecay Octasynth.

Also, love this dude's (granted Tweaktronix) demo of it:

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:34 am

I mean it sounds great, but I remember that Subdecay for some reason does not recommend using the Octasynth on bass? Anyone know what's up with that?
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:44 am

Yeah, they say it's voiced for guitar, but I've heard a few YouTube demos on bass. So, :idk: .

If you're interested in it, you'll have to do more research.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 am

The filter is set to work best with guitar frequencies, and the tracking won't be as good on a bass. The filter is integral to how the octasynth sounds, so if you can't test it and make sure it works with your gear I wouldn't risk buying it blind.

I can however add that it is godly on guitar.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Unfortunately can't test it, no. It does sound super fat on guitar even from youtube demos, so i can imagine it has to be really good in person :)

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Octasynth is tits. On guitar. Only on guitar.
Ask behndy what he thinks about it on bass. I think he made a YT Demo.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:50 pm

in my usual fucked up way, things are panning out a little differently.

bumped into a friend, we started talking and he offered me an older VOX V847 wah modded to get me closer to what i need (wider and deeper range mainly) for like 50 bucks. With a possibility to have it tweaked further if it's not it completely tits

I mean why the hell not. I'll start with that and if it's not good, i'll move on to the other stuff :idk: :)

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Wahs are filters too. :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:20 am

Decided to try a used Ibanez AW7 before the wah :) why not, right? Should get it next week, tuesday or wednesday. Will let y'all know what it's like for sure!

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 am

first impressions: a surprisingly cool little pedal! Those xx7 Ibanez pedals are sort of known for sub-optimal build quality but cool sounds. This follows that tradition i'd say.
The LPF portion still retains the lows on bass rather well and it follows the pickung dynamic nicely. With the Manual before noon, it doesn't get too quacky, too.
The distortion on the pedal is cool, BUT similarly to the Wah mode, it doesn't have much low end. It's quite cool for some more "lead bass" sounds or perhaps solos, to make stuff stand out a bit more. On guitar, I'm sure it'd be very usable :)

edit: yep, the Wah and distortion modes are great on guitar. On bass, since i'll use this for texture and flavour and not just standalone sounds, it's sort of redundant. Still - seems to be a great bang for the buck if you can find one used!

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear