Thanks to skully chankgeez compares Klon vs Soul Food Pg.5

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Thanks to skully chankgeez compares Klon vs Soul Food Pg.5

Postby univalve » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 am

Dude, i would be highly interested in your thoughts if you find the time and possibility to try the EHX Soul Food and compare it to the real deal. I'm more interested in personal opinions than demo videos. So you're our hero for this mission :cool: :lol:
Last edited by univalve on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: @chank Klon related

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:41 am

:thumb:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:33 am

I'd be more than happy to compare the two.

I don't have the funds to buy a Soul Food (cheap as they are). So, if someone wants to loan me one... :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby univalve » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Perhaps behndy sends you one of his over?

Edit: i would Fund 10$ for this project...
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:04 pm

(Yeah, since behndy's probably got ten of 'em, he could conceivably spare one.)

I wouldn't be opposed if people who wanna hear my thoughts on this comparison wanna chip in to buy one. We'll out what to do with the Soul Food for whoever might want it after.

I will say though that this is likely gonna be an unfair comparison from the start. The two Klon Centaurs I've got are both cherry picked units. The gold one is "loud & rockin'" and the silver one is optimized for bass. The only Klone I've compared them to is a Fredric Zombie Klone and I still prefer the Centaurs. I'd love to be able to find a Klone capable of sounding as good as the real thing.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby theavondon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:13 pm

I hear they're not really that close. and that came from a friend who compared it to the two Centaurs his store currently had. But I hear they're tight in their own way.
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:17 pm

theavondon wrote:I hear they're not really that close. and that came from a friend who compared it to the two Centaurs his store currently had. But I hear they're tight in their own way.

TWSS.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HorseyBoy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:08 pm

I thought this was chank:

HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Yeah, well, I was prepared to go with the whole Dracula schtick until this guy came along.

I wouldn't imagine the Soul Food would be that close sounding to a Centaur. I'm sure it's fine considering the price and it may actually cop decent Klon sounds, but from what I've heard, most Klones seem to excel at the overdrive type tones while sacrificing something in the clean boost department. Which is primarily how I use 'em. I guess it all depends on what you're wanting to hear from a pedal and how much you're willing to pay in order to hear it.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 pm

I thought even the new Klons weren't supposed to sound all that much like the old ones either. Has anyone compared the Soul Food to the new Klon thingy, as opposed to a Centaur?
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:58 am

Chankgeez wrote:I will say though that this is likely gonna be an unfair comparison from the start. The two Klon Centaurs I've got are both cherry picked units. The gold one is "loud & rockin'" and the silver one is optimized for bass. The only Klone I've compared them to is a Fredric Zombie Klone and I still prefer the Centaurs. I'd love to be able to find a Klone capable of sounding as good as the real thing.

So you're opening pandoras box now? :eek: There are different sounding (Centaur) Klons? (beside that "bass Klon") So back in the days there was a bad quality management and the sound of the units differ?!
Don't tell tgp!!! :hello:

;)

Whatever, i'm interested in your thoughts. Let's see if we find someone that lends you one.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am

I didn't open the Pandora's Box.

It was already open when I arrived.

It's no secret that there's a spectrum of variations in sound when it comes to stompboxes. I don't see why it should be any different with Klon. It has nothing to do with quality control. Sure, I guess you can match components more closely, but that's a real Pandora's Box.

I just wanted to make you aware that you'd be pitting a Soul Food against two really nice sounding Centaurs. Who know, maybe the Soul Food's the best of the batch?

I'm interested in hearing the differences.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby excane » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:40 pm

I compared the two a few days ago...

soul food was a tad too djenty for my tastes. :cry:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby goroth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:06 pm

excane wrote:I compared the two a few days ago...

soul food was a tad too djenty for my tastes. :cry:

Soul Burn Food?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Next

Return to General Gear