· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:14 am

Sick boards homies!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:46 am

alexsga wrote:

i was thinking about getting one of these, or whatever the latest headway preamp is now that they came out with not too long ago, to use with my bowed instrument. it has phantom power, which i want for a clip condenser mic i plan to use.

how is the noise floor on it and what would you compare it to sound-wise with other preamps? also, where did you buy your from? one of the main things that was holding me back with them was how expensive they are for what they do. some people seem to really love using them though, and i love the form factor of it

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:47 am

MaxMaps wrote:
retinal orbita wrote:Yoooooooo BONGZILLA FUZZ!!!! :love: :love:

Thank our Lord and Savior Cosmicevan for that one - Received it for my SS gift this year and its wonderful. :joy: This pedal has a large set of nuts.

so glad you are digging it and it made the board!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:15 pm

cosmicevan wrote:
MaxMaps wrote:
retinal orbita wrote:Yoooooooo BONGZILLA FUZZ!!!! :love: :love:

Thank our Lord and Savior Cosmicevan for that one - Received it for my SS gift this year and its wonderful. :joy: This pedal has a large set of nuts.

so glad you are digging it and it made the board!!!

Its a sick fuzz :joy: - the pedals that I am keeping are all high gain monsters and really the best way to describe the sound is what I requested. It smokes hella weed and is a pedal that borrows your guitar to break three strings and ask for money with no intention of returning it

behndy wrote:i... use... Crouching Esoterics/Hidden Dumbass. it's... super... something-fective?

never played any Poke-Games.

i'm going off third and fourth hand jokes.

my nomenclature might be SHIT.

wasssssssssup Maximum Mapsies?

Nothing much you wigglin fool! Finally wised up to music and starting my journey as a guitar player. I saw that you got eaten by the modiular deamon, so now all of your money, time and enegry is devoted to stuff that goes - Beeeeep Booop.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:00 pm

KingNed wrote:Image

Pretty excited about this board.

1. Tuner (Onecontrol which has a BJF buffer in it)
2. Sub 'N' Up (Sounds great but needs the jack on the input compressed with that cable tie, otherwise it leaks weird rushing noise into the signal. Very strange)
3. A/B loop switcher

A Loop
1. Detox EQ clone, when I want to get a bit quieter. Drummer in my band wanted this thing called 'dynamics'. Not sure what it is, I couldn't hear him over my amp.
2. Black Mass Electronics 1312 (Sick Rat type circuit with lots of good sounding clipping options. Gravitating towards Red LED's. Love a Turbo Rat).
4. Earthquaker Arrows

B Loop
1. 1987 Rat (Set louder, more gain).
2. Electrofoods Ultd Lil Pig (using it less as a fuzz and more as a big riffing machine).
3. Death By Audio Apocalypse (haven't figured out if I really like this or not. It's loud tho.)

4. Collision Devices Black Hole Symmetry (brand new to me, not had much of a chance to play it yet, but seems rad.)
5. Boss DD200
6. EAE Surveyor (always on as an end of chain tone shaper)
7. Alexander Pedals Spacexpander (always on when using an amp with no reverb)

This is dope and fresh!
Thanks for the layout notes.
The AB loop switcher is a great idea for fast changes in songs.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:47 pm

goroth wrote:Sick boards homies!

:rock:

ibarakishi wrote:
i was thinking about getting one of these, or whatever the latest headway preamp is now that they came out with not too long ago, to use with my bowed instrument. it has phantom power, which i want for a clip condenser mic i plan to use.

how is the noise floor on it and what would you compare it to sound-wise with other preamps? also, where did you buy your from? one of the main things that was holding me back with them was how expensive they are for what they do. some people seem to really love using them though, and i love the form factor of it

mine was a gift from a friend but why, how much are they? i only ever used a fishman preamp years ago that seemed honky-er than this, the Headway provides a clear representation of the acoustic sound and is very hi-fi and low noise

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:39 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:This is dope and fresh!

Thanks!

Yeah I can use it a few ways, like having a big loud fuzz on which I can switch to for certain moments, or having a couple different RAT gain stages to move between. Stacking is all well and good, but being able to switch between two different tones makes the resulting sounds a bit more distinct, I think. Everyone should try a loop switcher. So many cool applications.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:35 pm

Haven't posted a board in a long time. It's changed a lot, still redonkulous and funs

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:43 am

KingNed wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:This is dope and fresh!

Thanks!

Yeah I can use it a few ways, like having a big loud fuzz on which I can switch to for certain moments, or having a couple different RAT gain stages to move between. Stacking is all well and good, but being able to switch between two different tones makes the resulting sounds a bit more distinct, I think. Everyone should try a loop switcher. So many cool applications.

My exact thoughts on switchers!
:thumb:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:48 pm

manymanyhaha wrote:Haven't posted a board in a long time. It's changed a lot, still redonkulous and funs

:love: Wow.

How do like the Yaeltex controllers? I looked into them when I was thinking about finding something to use with Zoia.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:02 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:How do like the Yaeltex controllers? I looked into them when I was thinking about finding something to use with Zoia.

I like them a lot. I play live drums and loop them so that I can do other things (guitar, bass etc), and can loop multiple drum layers on top of each other and process them separately. I got the one on the right first in order to turn on and off plugins for the drums (to add variety and interest to my ear), and to control levels. Pretty quickly I realized I needed another controller so got the one on the left and have ordered two more of the small ones, which I think will do it. :lol:

Had some trouble setting the two up for USB midi (Windows issue) so I use the DIN sockets and left that world of hurt behind. Have to plug in the USB, though, to access their online editing software. It took awhile to get the process down but now that I do, works a charm. The trick is you have to plug in the USB, then open their editing software so if you are using USB midi, you have to unplug it and then plug it back it in, then open the editing tool.

Don't know if it is the DAW/host (Gig Performer, currently) or the controller, but sometimes the connection between a button or encoder just doesn't work and I have to re-learn the button to the control. I need to troubleshoot this issue so either Yaletex or Gig Performer can fix it. And there a couple of buttons on the left controller that just don't seem to work now but again, need to troubleshoot it. Maybe this weekend :lol:

The folks at Yaeltex are very nice and helpful. One of them even did a two hour video chat with me one day when I was have trouble with USB Midi and they concurred with me: It's Windows.

There are some limits to configuration: All buttons and encoders come in groups of four. Can be a little limiting and would be nice if they could do smaller encoders to fit more on. They say they are working on that.

But really, for a configurable midi controller that works quite well (with the mentioned caveats), they aren't overpriced. I'm happy with them.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:08 pm

manymanyhaha wrote:Haven't posted a board in a long time. It's changed a lot, still redonkulous and funs

All the yes!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:28 am

This is ridiculous (in a good way).
I remember seeing your setup maybe a couple years ago for BILF and thinking it was nuts. Happy to see it is still nuts. :lol:

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:40 am

behndy wrote:i look at y'all's stuff occasionally. it's PRETTY. i don't know what a lot of it IS any more. but. prettttttty.

hah. good to see stuff i do REMEMBER. neat.

this is kinda my pedalboard now? it all runs into a pair of patchbays so i can connect anything to anything. all the modular is effects or mixing or Pam's for interfacing/micro modulation options.

annnnnd i can plug bass into the patchbay and go through the ADAM into all the effects loots as well. been fun.

So.. Not enough reverbs, huh?
Everytime i see that Moisturizer... Hnnnnnng! :love:

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm

lol. with bass it was Never Enough Filters. or fuzz? or both? with synths it's all about that reverrrrrrrrb.

Moisturizer is... weird. hellza fun some time, super frustrating others. she is craaaazy pretty though.
Post a reply