Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby adm307 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:41 pm

I’ve been trading a shit ton lately, but I’ve landed on what has been my favorite setup I’ve ever had so far. Jury is still out on the CT5, but I’m finding more and more practical use for it every day.
adm307

involved
involved

Postby resincum » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:24 pm

PeteeBee wrote:
emcee_m_prime wrote:
Jero wrote:Wait, what?!

Yeah, from what I understand I guess after the founder, Nic, died (really sad), the business went to his mom, who couldn't agree to terms with the staff. Howard and a lot of the team left, and are legally barred from talking about it.

It seems like just an all around shitty situation, and unfortunately the people there at the moment also seem to have no idea what they're doing, which doesn't bode super well for their future (watch the video of their rep from the most recent NAMM being interviewed about the BE or the demo videos of the BE pre, it's rough).

That is so sad. It wasn't even a year ago, was it? When Nic died that is. I feel so bad for everyone involved that their loss is now being dragged on and on and into this huge mess.

that's so shitty :cry: I hope howard and the rest of the team find another company to work with. we need more howard demos
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PeteeBee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:36 pm

adm307 wrote:I’ve been trading a shit ton lately, but I’ve landed on what has been my favorite setup I’ve ever had so far. Jury is still out on the CT5, but I’m finding more and more practical use for it every day.

:drool: :thumb:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the empress reverb vs having a couple simpler ones. I know that's a common question for all big boxes with presets, but reverb is the one effect that I can actually see it working for me (as far as I don't adjust the knobs on my reverbs as often as delays or dirt) and empress is a company that I trust their sounds.

edit: watching demos for the bunchiths time and I'm convincing myself to get one :facepalm:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby John » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Updated my board a bit in the last month or so. I feel like it's almost perfect. I know I've said that before but still. So much fun and every pedal has it's own usable function. Not just random noise.

Not pedal related but every time I see dat Elrick I get a raging jwar
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby adamajah » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:26 pm

John wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Updated my board a bit in the last month or so. I feel like it's almost perfect. I know I've said that before but still. So much fun and every pedal has it's own usable function. Not just random noise.

Not pedal related but every time I see dat Elrick I get a raging jwar

Yeah that bass looks ridiculous!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby adamajah » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:56 pm

adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby adm307 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 pm

PeteeBee wrote:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the empress reverb vs having a couple simpler ones. I know that's a common question for all big boxes with presets, but reverb is the one effect that I can actually see it working for me (as far as I don't adjust the knobs on my reverbs as often as delays or dirt) and empress is a company that I trust their sounds.

edit: watching demos for the bunchiths time and I'm convincing myself to get one :facepalm:

My whole thing with the Empress is that I love every sound I can get out of it, and I think it has some of the best sounding verbs on the market in general. It’s awesome to be able to set some great sounds, save them, and be able to swap easily. That being said, I find myself only consistently using two settings, so I feel like I’m not using this pedal to its full potential most of the time. Given the opportunity, I’d probably downsize to a Flint and be just as happy with it. (I say that now, but it might hurt to have the options gone once I didn’t have the Empress haha.)
adm307

involved
involved

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:15 pm

adm307 wrote:
PeteeBee wrote:

My whole thing with the Empress is that I love every sound I can get out of it, and I think it has some of the best sounding verbs on the market in general. It’s awesome to be able to set some great sounds, save them, and be able to swap easily. That being said, I find myself only consistently using two settings, so I feel like I’m not using this pedal to its full potential most of the time. Given the opportunity, I’d probably downsize to a Flint and be just as happy with it. (I say that now, but it might hurt to have the options gone once I didn’t have the Empress haha.)

Nice. I am kind of on the fence still. I might pick one up after I purge some stuff.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PanicProne » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 pm

adamajah wrote:Image

So very nice! Bet this sounds really cool!
What are the Rotobone and White Atom?
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby adamajah » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:46 pm

PanicProne wrote:

So very nice! Bet this sounds really cool!
What are the Rotobone and White Atom?

They're two very versatile fuzzes :)

This board is actually a little overwhelming right now with how many cool things each pedal can do. I might take one or two off but we'll see.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby WORMDIRT » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 pm

:thumb: for moderate hm2 settings
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:45 am

Sold off 90% of my pedals, this is what I am using:

DIY Optical Compressor, EAE Dagger, CB Tonal Recall, Boss PS-2 with tuner out, Fuck.

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 am

Noice! Did you sell the Cornish boost finally??
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby adamajah » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 pm

WORMDIRT wrote:
:thumb: for moderate hm2 settings

Ever since Ancestry.com told me I'm less Swedish than I thought I've had to moderate the HM-2 settings.... :grumpy: sigh...
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby AZX309 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:43 pm

skullservant wrote:Sold off 90% of my pedals, this is what I am using:

DIY Optical Compressor, EAE Dagger, CB Tonal Recall, Boss PS-2 with tuner out, Fuck.

looks siCK
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear