Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:36 pm

tremolo3 wrote:Is that a Sonic Crayon?

Yeah, it's the Moth, bitcrusher and SRR. Quite basic, but sounds nice! Plus, very pretty to look at. :lol:
tremolo3 wrote:And +398 points for right spelling of Corazón, never heard of it before btw.

The Corazòn is made by our very own DRod :!!!: viewtopic.php?f=283&t=61849
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:21 am

TC Polytune Mini Noir, Cornish OC-1, DAM Super Rooster, EAE Sending, Ghost Echo
Attachments
5897FE77-BCF5-4E01-A714-5058365515E1.jpeg
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:13 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:That Maxon delay is so purdyyy!

I'm trying a few variations with the new pedals I got the other day, seeing what sticks. For now, this setup is a ton of fun :joy:

Don't know if i like more the artworks or the choice of pedals :love: . Bitquest last because of reverb duties?

skullservant wrote:TC Polytune Mini Noir, Cornish OC-1, DAM Super Rooster, EAE Sending, Ghost Echo

it's been a while since i saw somebody using the OC-1, is it really worth it? nice simple board btw :thumb:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 am

I'm trying a few variations with the new pedals I got the other day, seeing what sticks. For now, this setup is a ton of fun :joy:

Since I razzed you before, now I have to ask actual questions. :)

What type of music are you playing with these? I'm always curious about that. I kept trying to integrate certain items like the RM1N into my bass rig and I just couldn't find something I was happy with. So, I'm curious about that one and about the glitch pedals. Like how do you use them? Do you loop at all by chance?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:25 am

skullservant wrote:TC Polytune Mini Noir, Cornish OC-1, DAM Super Rooster, EAE Sending, Ghost Echo

BUT CORNISH.

:) LOL.

How you digging that stuff?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Dowi: ya! The BitQuest has been my main verb for many, many years now. It just does the trick. :lol:

Jwar wrote:

Since I razzed you before, now I have to ask actual questions. :)

What type of music are you playing with these? I'm always curious about that. I kept trying to integrate certain items like the RM1N into my bass rig and I just couldn't find something I was happy with. So, I'm curious about that one and about the glitch pedals. Like how do you use them? Do you loop at all by chance?

Haha, yeah.... I remember :lol:

If you check the link in my signature, the iRerror one, that's me on bass using most of these pedals. I used a Raptio instead of the Stammen on the last record. I use it for freeze and stutters. Tap tempo that shit now too, which makes it easier, woo! We improvise quite a bit and make quirky space prog rock, so I get to play with unconventional effects a lot.

Rm-1n is used on a track on the last album too, I'm sure. I use it live on an old track called Contact, but the original recording is a pretty tame bass sound (recorded before my time in the band). I keep the verb at mid depth and mix and mostly use the post gain for dirt. Low filter mode and the tone at around 1.There should be a crap live recording of it with the rm-1n on youtube, if you type 'iRerror rehearsal' in the search bar.

I used to have a Ditto X2 on my board for quite some time, but I found myself mostly using it to sample freezed audio coming from the Raptio so I wouldn't have to hold down the footswitch, but now that I'm using the Stammen I can just latch it. Since I started using the iPad more live as well I'm able to play prerecorded material on the fly, which is very helpful considering we're just a two-man band.

The Cloudy I'm a little uncertain of. I need presets and I have no idea when Tom is going to implement that in the firmware. I might get a Particle V2 or make something in Axoloti.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:45 am

Jwar wrote:

BUT CORNISH.

:) LOL.

How you digging that stuff?

It’s all I’ve been using. Really pared back and been trying to just enjoy playing more
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:40 am

Mixed it up a bit, testing the Analog Drive. So far, tasty.

Chain is

TU-2 > Klon Buffer > Analog Drive > Vibrato > Doppelganger (in TBP loop) > Paradox TZF > Dinosaural Compressor > Deluxe Memory Man > Dimension C (clone) >> Line6 DL4 >> Big Sky >> Slicer >> Loop Station >> Fender HRD / Blackstar Artisan
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:04 am

This is flipping cool! crazy clean for the QTY of stuff as well.

The clones have a great look to them
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bearstripes » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:22 am

Gonna need to see this shred box you got there
Bearstripes

experienced
experienced

Postby adamajah » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:53 am

Curious to know if the toanz justify the mammoth size of the Analog Drive.
What’s the doppelgänger?
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:33 pm

adamajah wrote:Curious to know if the toanz justify the mammoth size of the Analog Drive.
What’s the doppelgänger?

Doppelganger is the Dual-LFO phaser/vibrato from Lovetone (England)
Long discontinued and much loved.

The Analog Drive sounds really nice to me, the parametric mid sweep isnt crazy dramatic but its nice.
I think a lot of the tones are authentic, particularly the tube screamer (mid drive) and octave fuzz (harmonic fuzz)
I havent taken it apart to try and look at the PCBs (they are stacked) but I imagine its all SMT so deciphering the analog circuits will be a challenge.
I feel like at least two or three would be the same base circuit with the switching maybe adjusting shelving caps for the tone circuits, or resistors in transistor or Op-Amp gain stages to chain the drive characteristics.
On the whole considering the short time I have had it I would say there is enough variety to justify removing an OD and dist from the board. What its lacking is a gated fuzz or something really gnarly, frankly.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:35 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:This is flipping cool! crazy clean for the QTY of stuff as well.

The clones have a great look to them

Thanks. The TZF, Big Sky and Slicer are on risers where a lot of excess cabling is routed / hidden

The clones were a bit of a homage to Boss :)
I would really like a Waza DC-2 for the stereo inputs...
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Hey, Gigahearts, nice to see you back on the forums! Nice board too! Needs more of your own works on it though! :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:18 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Hey, Gigahearts, nice to see you back on the forums! Nice board too! Needs more of your own works on it though! :joy:

Kind of you to say, but there are just some things that commercial pedals offer that would be a bear for me to try and do.
I used to run a lot more DIY stuff (a reverb, DEM clone, CE-2 clone, fuzz, DMM clone, Aquapuss clone etc)
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear