Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby frigid midget » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:14 am

Paul_C wrote:Here's the latest incarnation of my pedalstand-not-board.

Apart from a Freeze and another BitQuest I'm beginning to think I might have everything I . . . it's never that simple, is it ? ;)

Looks perfect as it is. The Freeze is an awesome pedal....for a while. It's one of those effects you don't use more than once or twice in a whole set, it mostly takes up space that can be filled with sweet sweet fuzz. Besides, there's improved versions out there these days if you look around on the booteek market.

Anyway...Talk me into buying an Obscura. Doesn't seem to get a lot of praise around here. Seems like a great alround small faux analog pedlol with a feature set that's hard to find in a small enclosure, especially at that price point :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Christophe » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:11 am

frigid midget wrote: The Freeze is an awesome pedal....for a while. It's one of those effects you don't use more than once or twice in a whole set, it mostly takes up space that can be filled with sweet sweet fuzz. Besides, there's improved versions out there these days if you look around on the booteek market.

From my experience, the Freeze is a very unique pedal. It all depends on what you wanna play, but the ehx "freezes" your exact sound. The exact texture you've fed it. If you strike a chord and stomp on the freeze, there's absolutely no change in sound. On some other pedals (I have a raptio for instance), it's not the same thing going on. It gives you a frozen echo of what you just played (like infinite reverb), and there is a huge difference of tone between your struck chord and the frozen sound.
This aspect might or might not be important depending on players, but it's a big difference feature-wise.
This "infinite verb" type of freeze seems to be the choice of other pedal builders. I haven't heard them all so maybe there's another pedal out there that does the very same ehx thing -hi-fi hold of your exact tone?
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 am

I had a Freeze before I sold off a lot of my pedals - I needed some spare cash in the bank for a year or two.

When I had it I used it in front of an Idiotbox Mad Doctor Stutter (another one I'll replace one day) which chopped up the signal and sent it to a Count To Five (replacement on the way soon ;) ).

I'm liking the Obscura for the lo-fi setting and its ability to produce almost endless repeats which are currently passing through the Syntax Error and BitQuest before reaching the CSIDMAN for more delays if wanted ;)

The only "trouble" is that the Pitchfork, Syntax Error, BitQuest and CT5 have the option to use an expression pedal, and I've only got two (plus a Boss FV500H which looks like it can be used as an expression pedal), so I need at least one more ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:39 am

Or a source audio reflex.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Somnambulance » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Or an Expressionator
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Or a DB Instrument Amp 4E.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ck3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:36 pm

I've always wanted to tinker with one of those Miku Stomps.

Today's random assortment of noodlecore fodder, rendered in the usual, lo-fi image format:

I find it surprising that the Fuzz Mutant sounds better through an Atomic Amplifire and cans than a Quilter 101 Mini and 4x12 cab.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:55 pm

My board after being inspired to switch some things post Boris show.

ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:02 pm

BitchPudding wrote:My board after being inspired to switch some things post Boris show.

That gummy bear duct tape tho
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:12 am

My current petal board.

I'm pretty freaking happy here. I'm digging the sounds of everything here too. The only thing that's leaving is the Openhaus. Sadly I'm trading it to someone for something else. :( LOL. It's been long enough right?? I can do that! It makes my total Toneczar board no longer possible, but whatever!!! I don't care bro!! Leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby nshuman » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:My current petal board.

I'm pretty freaking happy here. I'm digging the sounds of everything here too. The only thing that's leaving is the Openhaus. Sadly I'm trading it to someone for something else. :( LOL. It's been long enough right?? I can do that! It makes my total Toneczar board no longer possible, but whatever!!! I don't care bro!! Leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!

Future JWAR is disappointed.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:37 pm

MONKEYS EVERYWHERE!!!! RUN!!!

Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby alexsga » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 am

very nice :cool:

you use the tone axe as a constant buzz from its oscillator, or what? strange pedal...
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks!

no, I use the tone axe in a gated setting for more traditional basssynth sounds, it is before the octaver so you get it coming through at two different octaves :thumb: It's a really useful pedal, I usually use it as a smaller less temperamental alternate for a freqbox :hobbes:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby John Matrix » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:44 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:lots of clean head room, I haven't cranked it yet but should be able to this weekend.

since it's a 2 channel amp you can really push the clean side pretty loud

how did crankin it go?
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear