Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Postby Antero » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:26 pm

aen wrote:
zerosum wrote:
Mine is pure mayhem ATM.

I want to listen to this :D
You should get a twango and host some fun clips :eek:

I get new sounds all the time. Nevr had enough time to master any of the real expressive pedals. Last night I had this rhythmic bleeping that randomly changed pitch. I stood up form my boarrd, threw my arms up in victory,

and the rest of the band said

"SHUT UP!"
Hah, excellent.
Antero

committed
committed

Postby starcastic » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:28 am

I've been known to experiment and switch everything around, but here's the current set-up...

Guitar / synth / sampler --->> DigiTech Whammy 4 --->> Devi Ever USA Spectacular AE (( Effector 13 Disaster Fuzz --->> Effector 13 AR 05 )) --->> Barge Concepts VFB-2 (( EHX Russian Small Stone --->> Ibanez DL5 Soundtank )) --->> Effector 13 AR 25 --->> Effector 13 Jerry's Pot --->> amplifier
starcastic

experienced
experienced

Postby zerosum » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:20 am

Ok I staged some props and made them look cool today :D

THE DOOM MOB:
zerosum

interested
interested

Postby arotothen » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:36 am

starcastic wrote:...Devi Ever USA Spectacular AE....

HA! No Shit?QQ? I got one of those on the way too!!! Do you LOVE it?!?! DO U?!??!?!??! :love:

WOw,,,, now that I've seen your setup.. I would certainly LOVE to share a show with your band.

IfIHadAHiFi wsg/ Counter Cosby!!!!! We'd make sooo much freakin' money!!!!!!!! :D

Aaron
My band; Counter Cosby!!!
arotothen

interested
interested

Postby starcastic » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:20 am

arotothen wrote:HA! No Shit?QQ? I got one of those on the way too!!! Do you LOVE it?!?! DO U?!??!?!??! :love:

WOw,,,, now that I've seen your setup.. I would certainly LOVE to share a show with your band.

IfIHadAHiFi wsg/ Counter Cosby!!!!! We'd make sooo much freakin' money!!!!!!!! :D

The Spectacular AE is easily the best pedal I've ever owned. The fuzz is SEARING and the feedback loop/photo eye combination provides many a noise freakout. I do LOVE it!

And you're right about HiFi & CC making all that $$. It'd be like an 8Ball and MJG video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwbnEcpYevI[/youtube]
starcastic

experienced
experienced

Postby voodoohaze » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:51 pm

i agree with you about the Spectacular AE. truly a great pedal. before this i was a SM guy, but not anymore. SP-AE all the way. try a GZ in the loop, pretty cool.
voodoohaze

interested
interested

Postby Soul Power » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:45 pm

As I've mentioned all I have is: Boss Tuner, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez PSD-1 + AR OK.

What other pedals I use to have were (oviously not all @ the same time):

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Ibanez CS-9
Pro Co Rat (Keely Mod)
Digitech Whammy (New)
Vox Wah McCoy (Reissue)
Big Muff (Reissue)
Jim Dunlop Rotovibe (New)

My favourite pedals out of them lot were the Tube Screamer, CS-9, Pro Co Rat + Digitech Whammy pedal. Damn I could chat pages worth about each one of them. lol
Soul Power

involved
involved

AE

Postby DeathTron » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:19 pm

I sleep with my AE .. and spoon with it every nite.. :love:

Best Fuzz I ever owned .. the TBD gets jealous but I tell her .. shes my lover and the AE is jus a good friend.
DeathTron

Postby voodoohaze » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:37 pm

i wish i could get a TBD. wish somebody would trade with me on my other thread. maybe i could get a TBD out of it or something. long live the SP-AE! :rock:
voodoohaze

interested
interested

Postby starcastic » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:47 am

voodoohaze wrote:i agree with you about the Spectacular AE. truly a great pedal. before this i was a SM guy, but not anymore. SP-AE all the way. try a GZ in the loop, pretty cool.

I'm an AE guy for sure, but I'm also totally still loving the SM. I had the AR SM in my setup, but I let my bass player use it one day and he fell in love with it. I'll probably end up selling it to him to get myself a full version Soda Meiser.

I'd love to try the GZ in the feedback loop... The AR 05 and Disaster Fuzz are pretty interesting in there too.
starcastic

experienced
experienced

Postby Stacco » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:11 am

As I noticed that the tone control in any distortion modulates the pitch of any distortion device that you may put in the TBD's feedback loop I thought to meeself "Hey, what if I get an EQ???" so I got a Dano Fish and Chips eq, which is dirt cheap... rigged it up in the Feedback loop after a distortion and WHOAH!!!! You can actually tune the pitches and make great sound canvasses... it sounds like a Theremin on steroids!!! So c'mon people, I want to see you all putting graphic EQ pedals in your feedback loops now!
My solo project of a band featuring me and three quarters of myself: http://www.myspace.com/dotdotdotmmm
Stacco

committed
committed

Postby basti moon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:34 pm

Me -> Guitar - jim dunlop bass wah - hbe ufo - dunlop rotovibe - m-audio firewire - strange software stuff -
-> bontempi electric organ - dunlop rotovibe (if not used by guitar) -
-> mic for pump organ, feedback, voice, etc. - m-audio firewire - stranger software stuff -
-> Supercollider

It all goes into a small 4 channel mixer and then a marshall 8210 stereo chorus with a Behringer Tweakalizer in the effect loop. the laptop also uses some normal speakers for sounds I don´t want in the amp.
Or I run computers in the effects loop for delay-loop-reverb-ambient based songs.
Or I keep it analog with more soundmakers into the little mixer.

This is for when I am recording live made music. If I´m making normal overdubs the setup is every combination of the items on my list. The mixer crackles and has volume issues, so it´s an instrument in itself as is the bass wah sometimes. I have never heard of a self-oscillating wah pedal before, but I swear that is what it´s doing when it freaks out.

No pictures, it doesen´t look very interesting. Let me know if there´s any part of my setup anyone wants to see. Everything isn´t always in the same place as the rest.
basti moon

committed
committed

Postby Stacco » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:10 pm

Oh finally got my camera back in working condition, so I wanted to update this...

My infamous upstairs/downstairs pedalboard, where the Stacco Sounds are mangled!!

My solo project of a band featuring me and three quarters of myself: http://www.myspace.com/dotdotdotmmm
Stacco

committed
committed

Postby Deathtron » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:11 pm

Nice set stacco .. hows the Hog ??? workin fo ya?
"If you are really a product of a materialistic universe, how is it that you don't feel at home there?"-Clive Staples Lewis
Deathtron

interested
interested

Postby Stacco » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:36 pm

Deathtron wrote:Nice set stacco .. hows the Hog ??? workin fo ya?

Oh yeah, very much so,. What I think that people don't get about the Hog is that it's a STARTING POINT. You're not gonna get all the grandiose sounds out of the box. The sliders are ULTRA sensitive. I've had it for five months now and I'm still getting the hang of it. Don´t expect to get a "Hammond" sound, a "Twelve string" sound and just look for new sounds and you'll be amply rewarded.

Processing what comes out of it does wonders though, and its a real joy to manipulate the sliders in real time (And with the TBD even more so).

Does anyone else in the forum have one? I'd love to share opinions on it,
Stacco

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear