Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks for the input.
I do more setup and take down now than I ever have and am thinking of cutting back to one small board.

The looper is the one I struggle with, although playing with a band live I never use it.

I also found that to an audience throwing 20 flavors of dirt at them can be pretty distracting
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:34 pm

I mean honestly you're probably right. If I can't get this sorted, ugh, I'll most likely switch the type of board. I'm so tired of this shit. It's always something with the Pro size. One bad patch cable and it take an hour to find it or one bad ground. Such a pain in the nuts. Plus some pedals just literally hate each other.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:40 pm

That Bongripper Twosome is so badass

I struggle between wanting to go back to a mega board and keeping my Jr. and I like the forced limitation of the jr. May go up one size to just be able to keep my Boomerang III and DMC4 on a board and not the floor.
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:05 pm

DannDubbleEwe wrote:That Bongripper Twosome is so badass

I struggle between wanting to go back to a mega board and keeping my Jr. and I like the forced limitation of the jr. May go up one size to just be able to keep my Boomerang III and DMC4 on a board and not the floor.

See that's kind of the way I feel too. The forced limitation thing I mean. Do I honestly NEED everything I have. Not a chance. LOL. Is it fun? FUCK YES! But it does get overwhelming.

I was about to join a band, but they haven't got back to me...so I'm guessing it's a no. :( So at this point I don't NEED a board at all. I like it because I have OCD and want it to be organized. Maybe I should just ditch the whole fucking board and go straight to the floor. It would make my life easier.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby kbit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:14 pm

You know what sucks about having a board? That feeling of having to complete something. Now a days I just have a small colleqcollection of pedals and pull which ones I wanna use that day. if you're just having fun and dont need to recall specific shit why bother with the hassle?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:16 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:You know what sucks about having a board? That feeling of having to complete something. Now a days I just have a small colleqcollection of pedals and pull which ones I wanna use that day. if you're just having fun and dont need to recall specific shit why bother with the hassle?

You just throw them on the ground or what? I usually play in my basement (darn wife!), so no carpet right now. :( lol

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby resincum » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:20 pm

just build a board to your exact specs so you don't have to worry about the OCD / space issue :joy: cover it in shag carpet, no velcro or staining worris, drone on :rock:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby backwardsvoyager » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:27 pm

jwar wrote:Maybe I should just ditch the whole fucking board and go straight to the floor. It would make my life easier.

i cannot understate how much time and energy it has saved me going from a tidy and full PT pro to a smaller Diago case with like 10 pedals all on the same 3amp daisy chain. I can mix and match stuff as i feel fit so i don't feel limited by whatever signal chain i last decided to construct the PT pro with meticulously. If anything it's more versatile than a megaboard because of that, and when i get new stuff it's easier to audition it in my full rig.
There's also basically no noise or noticeable 'tone suck' even though it's all chained cos i ditched the noisy stuff (strymon i'm looking at you) and have 2 buffered boss pedals to even out all the true bypass ones.
I don't even use velcro anymore. The case lid foam holds stuff in place if i move it around so all velcro would do is make it more annoying to interchange stuff.
IMO everyone is gonna prefer different stuff but i've realised more and more that it's a better idea to start as loose as possible and start making things more organised when there's a problem. I ended up basically working backwards from a more expensive, troublesome and time-consuming way of using pedals to a cheaper, easier and more rock-solid setup that really doesn't do any less :lol:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:53 pm

^^^nice dude. Deconstruction and flexibility.

Jwar, I either go with the floor or a table or a little case I have for my pedals, its lined with a cut up bath mat that velcro sticks to. Im using table top stuff and not guit/bass so I'll have a different practical application, but mr voyager gave a good example of how to apply that kind of mindset.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:55 pm

DannDubbleEwe wrote:That Bongripper Twosome is so badass

Yeah, I wanted it ever since I learned about it. When I heard Ronripper had sold it, I hunted down the current owner and made sure he'd contact me first when time came to sell.

I've always loved the BE Twosome, but just wished I could have one that was more efficient space-wise.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby elevenstrings » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:31 pm

:idk: I don't know guys. I run 23 pedals (5 of them in Stereo) on a board with 3 power supplies and have absolutely no problems as far as noise/tonesuck and it rarely breaks down.

This is what I make sure of:
- no solderless cables, and make sure every cable is soldered well at the correct length.
- every pedal on it's own isolated port, even the 4ma fuzzes.
- keep wires tidy
- Keep pedals super close to each other without touching (if they do touch I put a thin piece of foam between them).
- use dual lock 250 to keep pedals from moving in transport.
- don't let any metal from the cables touch the metal on the board.
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:04 pm

elevenstrings wrote::idk: I don't know guys. I run 23 pedals (5 of them in Stereo) on a board with 3 power supplies and have absolutely no problems as far as noise/tonesuck and it rarely breaks down.

This is what I make sure of:
- no solderless cables, and make sure every cable is soldered well at the correct length.
- every pedal on it's own isolated port, even the 4ma fuzzes.
- keep wires tidy
- Keep pedals super close to each other without touching (if they do touch I put a thin piece of foam between them).
- use dual lock 250 to keep pedals from moving in transport.
- don't let any metal from the cables touch the metal on the board.

Smart stuff
Lots of isolation between things sounds like a very good idea.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 pm

My thoughts on my board are pretty similar to Jean's. And like Jean with the middle tier that can easily be swapped out, I've got kinda "slots" in my board, so that should I want to change up stuff it's pretty easy. The key to making my PT-pro feel useable is my looper. It's a RoadRage custom with nested loops and all sorts of silliness, so that leaves everything else pretty simple. If it breaks down I'm kinda boned though. Should buy a backup but fuzz.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:54 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:Thanks for the kind words and chuckles, duders! I'm really digging this current board. I've been asked to play a small 30-40 min show at my friend's restaurant, and this new setup har sparked so many ideas already. This is a loop of the first draft. :)

It's just supposed to be background music, but I've got to allow myself some feedback, right? :idk:

The demo is sick,
will you record the whole performance?
Board is flipping awesome

Cheers, buddy! I'll try to remember to bring my camera with me, for sure. First I've got to make enough songs and memorize them though. :facepalm:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sparrow » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:09 pm

^^^ awesome Board/sounds Nova :joy:
Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear