Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby spacelordmother » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:24 pm

frigid midget wrote:And I'm already the proud owner of an FZ2, RV3, and even an ODB3 (if its good enough for King Buzzo...:idk: )

Dude ODB3 rulessss
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:53 pm

jwar wrote:Oh and since I'm a beta tester for IE, I really have no good excuse because I've had the pedal for quite some time now. LOL!!

Yas!!! Thank you! It has been successfully uploaded:

Except I think it's for a pedal named "Divicator". :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby John » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:56 pm

jwar just curious, is there a type of music you play with a board like that, or just all kinds of sounds? Trying to wrap my head around what the resulting sounds of such a pedal metropolis might be.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:58 pm

John wrote:jwar just curious, is there a type of music you play with a board like that, or just all kinds of sounds? Trying to wrap my head around what the resulting sounds of such a pedal metropolis might be.

1940s jazz standards I think
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:00 pm

What are some good grass roots digital delays?

I have the Mattoverse warble swell, which kicks ass, but I want to stack it with another "normal" delay. The particle and ct5 have too much panache for what I have in mind.

Analog delays are ok, but I can never get more than half a second delay time.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
jwar wrote:Oh and since I'm a beta tester for IE, I really have no good excuse because I've had the pedal for quite some time now. LOL!!

Yas!!! Thank you! It has been successfully uploaded:

Except I think it's for a pedal named "Divicator". :idk:

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out! The pedal has a confusing name but it also makes sense. :)

John I don't play in band or anything so I just have fun. I mostly play industrial type music though or experimental drone. If that's even a thing lol.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby space6oy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 pm

jwar wrote:John I don't play in band or anything so I just have fun. I mostly play industrial type music though or experimental drone. If that's even a thing lol.

get into modular. (and then hate yourself for the $.) i thought drone was just stupid until i got into that.

i STILL think it's kinda dumb, but, still...
:picard:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:39 pm

jwar wrote:Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out! The pedal has a confusing name but it also makes sense. :)

:thumb:

space6oy wrote: i thought drone was just stupid until i got into that.

i STILL think it's kinda dumb, but, still...
:picard:

You need to listen to more Indian classical music. Here's one for now:

It's a little late to listen to this one now, should be listened to between about 6 to 8 or so P.M.:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby space6oy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:45 pm

ok quick drone story - two stoner dudes i was in a band with once upon a time (two bassists, one of whom is a pedal junkie too, me on drums), which is one of my favorite music endeavors of my life thus far, but that was us writing structured songs, some of which with a little math.

well, they both were (and still are) into just making walls of noise with whatever. which i wasn't involved in, aside from letting them do it as an opening to a set. like an intro for the first song that we'd break into.

i've always thought that was stupid because i could just as easily do so with a few pedals and even nothing else. even considered getting on stage w/ them sometime when they were doing that and showing them.

years later i broke into eurorack modular and learned that sometimes letting stuff go nuts and just make a wall of modulated, changing noise can be sweet.
BUT with that i'm still technically in control.

hope all that makes sense...
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 pm

jwar wrote:John I don't play in band or anything so I just have fun. I mostly play industrial type music though or experimental drone. If that's even a thing lol.

Cool, I would imagine that with even 25% of those turned on at once it's already an industrial playground with hovering drone tones.
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:59 pm

boop boop. haven't really bought any new pedals in forever, but mannnnnnn i was tired of hauling around a PT Pro. just spent all day resizing down to an old school PT2. woooooooooot.

also, hey. howzit?

(oh jia. still using a VP Jr as an expression pedal. waiting on some TRS cables to come in to wire up the Expressionator. going to miss using the DMC6, but had to ditch that and the Mobius and keep the VP Jr off board to get down to a smaller size wubble dups.)
Last edited by behndy on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:02 pm

It's good. I'm glad you're alive.

Anyway Drone music is awesome. It's hard to make drone-y music that isn't "watch me watch my instruments make one or two sounds", though. I think my success rate is about 30% with that.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Behnderfield!
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:06 pm

I feel like drone can easily be done with very little but I guess its about the journey right? Ive seen many a bands do drone parts that are just as self indulgent as 1980s butt rock bullshit. I don't know there is probably fine line somewhere, but I really don't fuck around droning unless Im tuning my guitar/analog synths in that time frame.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 pm

D.o.S. wrote:It's good. I'm glad you're alive.

Anyway Drone music is awesome. It's hard to make drone-y music that isn't "watch me watch my instruments make one or two sounds", though. I think my success rate is about 30% with that.

heyyyyyyyyyyy. alive as BUTTS. DOSEY DOSE.

i love listening to droney stuff, but how do y'all write long awesome evolving parts and then not let micro-ADD tendencies kick in and and hectic beats or faster noises or yah that stuff?
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear