Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Jero » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:57 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Thanks so much. Just had a bit of a nightmare evening so the validation is greatly appreciated, mate! :thumb:

Board is def rad...but that guitar :drool:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:07 am

thank man, the parts on that one just came together really well. I love offsets and I have a decent strat but I think, at heart, I'm a tele player
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 am

Finally I managed to shrink my PT Jr. on a Metro16 ^^

gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:54 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:thank man, the parts on that one just came together really well. I love offsets and I have a decent strat but I think, at heart, I'm a tele player

Same. I go back to my tele every time.
...It looks aged so I assume it's an old one (gold foil), or is it a modern offering?

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:59 pm

Nah lol it's actually quite an ugly poly relic up close, but I got it loaded with pickups/hardware for pretty cheap. There's crazing/checking carved into the finish and it looks so dumb up close. The "wood" you see is actually a hefty clear coat, where the person sanding away finish clearly thought "fuck this!" and stopped. It's got really nice grain and it's very light, although not as light or nice as the tele body I'm arranging to pick up from a local guy soon ;)

the gold foil is a mojo repro but it sounds great. The bridge pickup is almost definitely a fender and probably a nocaster. It's a real monster guitar for blues/soul/funk, which is what i mainly play these days. I try and get psychey/doomy when I can
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fuzzonaut » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:51 am

Current state of affairs.

brd.jpg
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby cutonio » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:14 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Nothing beats the broadcast for giving cooking valve sounds at polite nighttime volumes. just makes everything sound better - fuzz, wah, vibe

Nice one !

Weird question : where did you get that John Lennon strap ?
cutonio

interested
interested

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:15 pm

It's an ace/d'andrea reissue I found on thomann really cheap about a year ago. Souldier do the same pattern (probably better!). I can't remember what the pattern is called but I also bought the "greenwich" one, which I associate with Clapton and the beatles rooftop gig.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:21 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Nah lol it's actually quite an ugly poly relic up close, but I got it loaded with pickups/hardware for pretty cheap. There's crazing/checking carved into the finish and it looks so dumb up close. The "wood" you see is actually a hefty clear coat, where the person sanding away finish clearly thought "fuck this!" and stopped. It's got really nice grain and it's very light, although not as light or nice as the tele body I'm arranging to pick up from a local guy soon ;)

the gold foil is a mojo repro but it sounds great. The bridge pickup is almost definitely a fender and probably a nocaster. It's a real monster guitar for blues/soul/funk, which is what i mainly play these days. I try and get psychey/doomy when I can

Was referring to the pickup for sure haha, but honestly, from the picture the guitar doesn't really look like a hokey relic job to either :thumb: Light you say? My old tele weighs a ton, and I often wonder what it's actually made from :?: I suspect there's an adamantium core.
...and I need to look into some of the modern gold foil repro options out there these days.

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Ok here's the one on my tele atm

here's the one on my strat

I'm sure there are US dealers and they're so authentically cheap i kinda want them all lol. the one on my strat has seen a lot more usage and the leather ends are ageing & softening so nicely. yeah, i'm a huge nerd for cool straps
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Ok here's the one on my tele atm

here's the one on my strat

I'm sure there are US dealers and they're so authentically cheap i kinda want them all lol. the one on my strat has seen a lot more usage and the leather ends are ageing & softening so nicely. yeah, i'm a huge nerd for cool straps

Nice and nice. :thumb:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:37 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Nothing beats the broadcast for giving cooking valve sounds at polite nighttime volumes. just makes everything sound better - fuzz, wah, vibe

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nice! :thumb:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:18 pm

I feel so validated u guys. Thanks so much!!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby systemofameow » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Doom side of the forum got this earlier in the week, thought I'd throw it down over here too.

Even Anguish -> Bongripper -> Big Muff -> Model Fet -> Turbo Tuner -> A/B box
Output A: straight into Ampeg V4 Input 1
Output B: Carbon Copy -> Mutron -> Disaster Transport -> Ampeg V4 Input 2
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:48 am

flipping dope dude!!!!!

you like the EA at the start?
how you set it up?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear