Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby dubkitty » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:28 pm

for me it's reminiscent of 60s comic books and the pop art derived from them, the Oldenburgs (Rauschambergs? fuck, i'm old) and such.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby dubkitty » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 pm

this bugged me enough that i looked it up. Rauschenberg was almost right; he did collagerie with appropriated elements and other works that were a bridge between the more abstract end of Dada (e.g. Man Ray, Max Ernst) and pop art. Oldenburg did huge sculptures of ice cream cones, badminton shuttlecocks, hamburgers, and other decontextualized everyday items, a far less cynical predecessor to Jeff Koons. who i meant was Roy Lichtenstein, who did the hugely enlarged visual sampling/détourning of comic strips. i like Warhol more than a lot of people do, but he's all about interrogating the space where content and process overlap.

lichtenstein 2.png
Roy Lichtenstein, "Drowning Girl," 1963
lichtenstein 2.png (262.24 KiB) Viewed 2327 times

lichtenstein 1.png
Roy Lichtenstein, "Whaam!," 1963
lichtenstein 1.png (335.83 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
Last edited by dubkitty on Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:04 pm

Great, now I wanna Lichtenstein inspired pedalboard. :lol: Maybe something along these lines:

:idk: :lol: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:12 pm

oh, my my...oh, hell yes.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MaxMaps » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:02 pm

Got frustrated with my last layout and then did this configuration with the little stax Amazon looper I got in my ss gift. Once Jero has them sexy virus finishes available that’s the next thing to go on :omg:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:55 pm

dubkitty wrote:this bugged me enough that i looked it up. Rauschenberg was almost right; he did collagerie with appropriated elements and other works that were a bridge between the more abstract end of Dada (e.g. Man Ray, Max Ernst) and pop art. Oldenburg did huge sculptures of ice cream cones, badminton shuttlecocks, hamburgers, and other decontextualized everyday items, a far less cynical predecessor to Jeff Koons. who i meant was Roy Lichtenstein, who did the hugely enlarged visual sampling/détourning of comic strips. i like Warhol more than a lot of people do, but he's all about interrogating the space where content and process overlap.

lichtenstein 2.png

lichtenstein 1.png

I saw WHAAM! close up at an exhibition 10 or so years ago - cool to see it, but it's a bit grubby for some reason.

My favourite turned out to be something I'd not seen before.

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:06 pm

MaxMaps wrote:Got frustrated with my last layout and then did this configuration with the little stax Amazon looper I got in my ss gift. Once Jero has them sexy virus finishes available that’s the next thing to go on :omg:

Nice board! What’s the one with the orange knobs?
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:51 pm

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Paul_C » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:55 pm

retinal orbita wrote:
MaxMaps wrote:Got frustrated with my last layout and then did this configuration with the little stax Amazon looper I got in my ss gift. Once Jero has them sexy virus finishes available that’s the next thing to go on :omg:

BitQuest.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:59 pm

muthlabben wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:My pedal board life has been turned upside down since my ES-8 crapped the bed. In the interim whilst I figure things out, I put together this guitar board and really happy with it. Need to put together a bass board.

how is the taken?? i've wanted a delay with an effects loop for a while now, but sprung on a cheap rubberneck.

I LOVE taken. I think it sounds simply beautiful. It has this edge of oscillation sheen/shine that I can't get out of anything else. I have only mildly explored with the effects loop...I am a abig fan of the 2 asynchronous delays

Dowi wrote:That must be the smallest cosmicevan board ever :lol:
Nice setup, but that Taken placed horizontally hurts me

Hahah, yeah...trying to make things a bit more simpler since the complex stuff is failing on me lately and at the end of the day I really just wanna play music so sometimes gotta go old school.

I wish I could set the taken vertically but the side jacks kill me since I don't use those EBS plugs. Someday I'll splurge.

Paul_C wrote:
dubkitty wrote:by the time the looper board is done i'll have more money tied up in effects devices than in my car.

My pedals are worth three or four times the value of my car.

:yay:

same...well, I sold my car in May 2020 because I knew I wasn't going ANYWHERE any time soon and work still has me working from home, so we've been a one car family for almost a year now. I was very eager to have that extra money available to sink into more pedals (cause I needed more, right?)...but 2020 was such a weird year for finances across the board and I went nuts so trying to try to dial it back a bit in 2021 and enjoy more of what I have. Sadly, I'll need to start thinking about getting a new car again soon. I just got my 2nd dose of the vaccine today so it's time to come out of my cave soon.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:09 am

Chankgeez wrote:Great, now I wanna Lichtenstein inspired pedalboard. :lol: Maybe something along these lines:

:idk: :lol: :snax:

that would be so sick. thanks for the old guy ramblings, dub. really cool
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:24 pm

i'm a bit peeved at ROYGBIV DEVOE...it's doing that digital device thing where it picks up clock pulse from other pedals and hums like a Tibetan monk on helium. so i have to test it alone on a OneSpot, probably trying every one in the house, try different combinations and change specific things' spot in the signal chain, and probably reconfigure the whole front-end board. everything crammed on there so nicely, too. phooey. i hate this troubleshooting shit.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:00 pm

Paul_C wrote:
retinal orbita wrote:

BitQuest.

Damn I thought it might be some cool new six knob HM-2.....
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:34 pm

now I'm irked. no matter what i do ROYGBIV DEVOE continues to be a noise fest. it stopped fucking up the dry signal for a little while, but resumed the same behavior as previous after a few minutes. no matter what power supply i use or what cables i connect, it hums/buzzes constantly when connected to the amp with the pedal connected to a power source. since it does it even with no input, it almost has to be a short or bad connection in there somewhere. if i make no headway by stumbling on the obvious i'll have to ping Herr Jupiter and see if he could look at it. i am bummed, and also tired and disappointed. when engaged it makes great sounds, but it's amplifying its own clock pulse. something is rotten in the state of Roygbivistan.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:31 am

I wanna try a black forest. You always make it sound sick through your rig.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear