Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby frigid midget » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Psyre wrote:Probably will end up being the most influential effect on my playing since delay. It's really usable. People here can't believe how much the octave down truly sounds like a bass. The tracking is great, and the blend has a really big sweep. Also love the latch button. Haven't used it with an exp. Pedal yet but will soon.

The Boss before the PF makes a massive sound. Can't recommend the PF enough.

Not...helping...my gas...for a pitchfork :mad:

Awesome taste in peds, totally up my alley.

Also, since the only reason why my board is compressor-less is the lack of space: What's the Malekko Omicron like? Which 'classic' is it based on? When it comes to compressors, I usually prefer 3 or 4 controls, which this super conveniently sized fellar obviously lacks. If it's nice and squishy, I'm gonna have to look for one, but if it's more the subtle type, I'm gonna have to pass...

Cheers.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Psyre » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:36 pm

frigid midget wrote:
Psyre wrote:Probably will end up being the most influential effect on my playing since delay. It's really usable. People here can't believe how much the octave down truly sounds like a bass. The tracking is great, and the blend has a really big sweep. Also love the latch button. Haven't used it with an exp. Pedal yet but will soon.

The Boss before the PF makes a massive sound. Can't recommend the PF enough.

Not...helping...my gas...for a pitchfork :mad:

Awesome taste in peds, totally up my alley.

Also, since the only reason why my board is compressor-less is the lack of space: What's the Malekko Omicron like? Which 'classic' is it based on? When it comes to compressors, I usually prefer 3 or 4 controls, which this super conveniently sized fellar obviously lacks. If it's nice and squishy, I'm gonna have to look for one, but if it's more the subtle type, I'm gonna have to pass...

Cheers.

I A/B'd the Malekko with the Keeley 4 Knob. The Malekko sounded better on every setting. it certainly gets some squish, but probably not as much as some others. I was also able to get a more natural compression out of the Malekko than I was with a Barefoot Pale Green comp I tried. It's really just a pedal that everything sounds better with it on. It doesn't color your tone, just adds some focus and sustain. It's not capable of producing it's own "effect" though, if you know what I mean. Simply a very very good enhancer.

Believe it has a NOS 3080 IC which I believe is what the vintage Ross compressors used.
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby 01010111 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Chankgeez wrote:^^^ Very nice, cave dweller. :!!!: ^^^

synthezatory wrote:[img]awesomeness[/img]

What's the crazy between the MF Drive and the Supermoon?

It looks like it might be one of these? :idk:

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Good eye, wfs1234, you may be correct.

Looks way better with what synthezatory's done to it.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby synthezatory » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm

wfs1234 wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:^^^ Very nice, cave dweller. :!!!: ^^^

synthezatory wrote:[img]awesomeness[/img]

What's the crazy between the MF Drive and the Supermoon?

It looks like it might be one of these? :idk:

DING DING freaking DING, duder.. Amazing catch! It is indeed the cheapo mxr classic od plus my wife's "art" Sorry, I've been away from computer.
synthezatory

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Lots of goodness on this page, for sure.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dase » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Grind band is playing again after a 10 month break.
dase

HERO
HERO

Postby Clean Channel » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 pm

I approve. All great Boss pedals. Please tell me you use the DF-2 feedbacker function often.

Perfect setting on the HM-2 btw.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby WroughtIronLeather » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:55 am

I'm new here. Here's the board i've been running (mainly just to play at church). It goes Tuner--A/B switch (in an old oilcan)--a Wrought Iron Fuzz(in the copper teacup)--Wrought Iron boost (in a vintage voltmeter)---another Wrought Iron Boost (that one's my always-on tube driver)---1963 DeArmond volume pedal--Nady Tube vibrato--Sonic Stomp--Ibanez AD9 analog Delay.
I've modified it a little since i took this photo, but it's similar still. The other side of the A/B switch goes to a BBE Acoustimax Preamp/DI.
Ed
Wrought Iron Leather and Effects
EDIT: If there's no image, it's b/c I guess i don't understand how to make that happen...somebody give me a tip??
WroughtIronLeather

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby odontophobia » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:06 am

WroughtIronLeather wrote:Image
I'm new here. Here's the board i've been running (mainly just to play at church). It goes Tuner--A/B switch (in an old oilcan)--a Wrought Iron Fuzz(in the copper teacup)--Wrought Iron boost (in a vintage voltmeter)---another Wrought Iron Boost (that one's my always-on tube driver)---1963 DeArmond volume pedal--Nady Tube vibrato--Sonic Stomp--Ibanez AD9 analog Delay.
I've modified it a little since i took this photo, but it's similar still. The other side of the A/B switch goes to a BBE Acoustimax Preamp/DI.
Ed
Wrought Iron Leather and Effects
EDIT: If there's no image, it's b/c I guess i don't understand how to make that happen...somebody give me a tip??

Facebook can be weird about letting you share photos. Generally you need to right click and use the "copy image address" feature. Then you need to remove the 'S" from the https://
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Pepe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:44 am

Clean Channel wrote:Perfect setting on the HM-2 btw.

I second that! I don't need as much output volume, though. And I tend to give a bit more more gain and play with the volume knob of the guitar. But the EQ setting in the pic is also my favourite! :thumb:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Moose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:38 am

Loving the voltmeter, oilcan, and copper teacup pedals :thumb: also, welcome to ILF!
Moose

committed
committed

Postby dase » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:56 am

Broadrick HM2 settings > entombed hm2 settings. And yeah I prefer to get my gain from hitting the amp with volume rather than the distortion. It's grindcore, it's meant to be stupid loud.
dase

HERO
HERO

Postby WayToHip » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:17 pm

dase wrote:Broadrick HM2 settings > entombed hm2 settings. And yeah I prefer to get my gain from hitting the amp with volume rather than the distortion. It's grindcore, it's meant to be stupid loud.

That's my "clean boost" setting on my HM-2, less bass though.

I should take a picture of my pedal setup, but I've been playing unplugged for such a long time.
Tom Dalton wrote:"I want to be as big as I can if it's going to stop a bullet."
WayToHip

experienced
experienced

Postby Psyre » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm

I just wanted to chime back in and report that the Harmonizing on the Pitch Fork is really great. I decided to put my music mind on and noodle around with all the steps, and bother up and down play really musically. I really like the overall sound of the generated tones. Really strong and present, especially with low output pickups!
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear