Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Dowi » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Image

Current state of the board. Swapped some stuff. Decided I want some filtery stuff so the manta is on. Might replace that at some point if I can find something that will do glitchy nasties better. We'll see. Basically, Crawler by Idles has fucked my whole shit up and now I want glitch pedals. Think I might save a bit of cash and hit reverb. :!!!:

Nice board! Tape to block knobs is real old school :thumb:
Is the q zone good for anything else other than fixed wah sounds?

@Fuzz_Pi that dark Avalanche Run looks sexy.
My main concern with the Avalanche Run was that you instantly turn on both reverb and delay, while I would have preferred a separated footswitch for the reverb. Aside from that, I bought and sold it 2 times, it's not that it didn't sounded good, but it didn't even sounded particular enough. I guess "generic" is the term, which can be useful, but it wasn't what I needed at the time.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Dowi wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Image

Current state of the board. Swapped some stuff. Decided I want some filtery stuff so the manta is on. Might replace that at some point if I can find something that will do glitchy nasties better. We'll see. Basically, Crawler by Idles has fucked my whole shit up and now I want glitch pedals. Think I might save a bit of cash and hit reverb. :!!!:

Nice board! Tape to block knobs is real old school :thumb:
Is the q zone good for anything else other than fixed wah sounds?

Nah, fixed wah is pretty much the reason it exists. :lol: I guess if you have a single pickup guitar and want to emulate having a neck pickup, you could set the boost really moderately and tweak accordingly. I simply use it the same way I used to use a boss ge-7, extreme mid boost. Think the sort of "cuff" sound matt pike and others have gotten for their solos.

And yea, praise satan for masking tape. Otherwise my big old clonkers knock the knobs all over the place. With that v1 rainbow machine especially it needs to stay exact OR ELSE. :animal:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:14 am

2022 year of the filter? :cool:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:18 am

hEQ yeah
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:34 am

I’m all about the filters these days. I am redoing my board on a daily basis looking for “fun sounds” and yesterday I had my DOD Envelope and the Line 6 FM4 working in tandem with the Bit Commander and EHX Bass Micro Synth.

Edit: v cool board!!!!
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 pm

qersty wrote:Image
2022 year of the filter? :cool:

:love: :love: :love: :love:
very cool setup and choices.
so many pedals i had, so many pedals i want again.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cosmicevan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:40 am

Working on my guitar board. Getting closer on settling on a few things. I really like the DUST and the Algorithms with the Power Chungus upfront. Everything else is kinda up for debate.

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:56 am

retinal orbita wrote:I’m all about the filters these days. I am redoing my board on a daily basis looking for “fun sounds” and yesterday I had my DOD Envelope and the Line 6 FM4 working in tandem with the Bit Commander and EHX Bass Micro Synth.

Edit: v cool board!!!!

So many sick possibilities! When I was a kid I wanted a FM4 so bad but because of some sound Chris Wolstenholme used on it. I don't even remember the sound but I think its the envelope controlled WHOOP WHOOP synare thing (did Brian Gibson also use this? I think I recall. Whatever). Wasn't the thing I came to talk about. Might as well start a filter thread.

But yeah since you got the micro synth you gotta try my favourite insta-'bow setup from my days of fuckiing up soundcards with guitar rig 4 feedback loops. I ran a micro synth into metal zones with the mids cranked for glorious band pass sweeps. I'm pretty sure I did stereo. Forgot if it was two ms>mz or one ms into stereo metal zones. Both probably rule and mono is great too. Slap a ring mod on that and you're in hell! :lol:
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 am

My latest setup, times to times I swap the Raptio with the Bakfram/Baklengs
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby SquareWaveFuzz » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:09 pm

So after far, far, too long, I'm back! And I'm back with a completely revamped setup for my 2 piece :!!!:
D.o.S. wrote:What the fuck? You're fucking English how do you not like Pink Floyd? Disastrous dude, cultural depravity at its worst
SquareWaveFuzz

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:57 am

Long time no see! Brain melting chain :lol: :!!!:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dowi » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:31 pm

That's a seriously well planned board. Curious to hear how it sounds as I play in a two piece too but always avoided to wire a board with different loops etc - honestly I don't know why I haven't, it's super useful.. Guess it's just not my thing.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby SquareWaveFuzz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Long time no see! Brain melting chain :lol: :!!!:

:hug:

It's complex in the name of simplicity of use :lol:

I only ever have to hit the front row and occasionaly the middle row whilst playing everything else is always on. Loop B is always selected with the ability to mute either the guitar or "bass" signal then the "Heavy" switch defeats the mutes and changes to Loop B.

The LS-2 and volume pedal are so I can fade in the flanger as a layer on top of the normal guitar signal. The real key to the setup is the polyphonic neck pickup on a rotary switch so I can just have root notes octaved when playing power chords or arpeggios without it just turning to mud :snax:
D.o.S. wrote:What the fuck? You're fucking English how do you not like Pink Floyd? Disastrous dude, cultural depravity at its worst
SquareWaveFuzz

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:28 am

SquareWaveFuzz wrote:
The LS-2 and volume pedal are so I can fade in the flanger as a layer on top of the normal guitar signal. The real key to the setup is the polyphonic neck pickup on a rotary switch so I can just have root notes octaved when playing power chords or arpeggios without it just turning to mud :snax:

Clever solution! I never felt the urge to separate the low/root notes from the others-speaking of signal processing- but I saw several people do that, specially in two pieces (Eagle twin did that using a separated pickup iirc). Curious to hear how it comes out in a live setting,i Some pedals like the latest BOSS OC have a function that adds an octave only to the lower notes but the results are quite underwhelming.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Zork » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:53 pm

I recently added the pitchfactor:

...but I'm not sure. It's a phenomenal pedal but it's also very deep and kind of complicated and I don't know if it's not a bit too much pitchshifting for what we do in the band. I'm happy it fit on the board though and I think it could be a ton of fun.
Zork

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear