Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Dowi » Tue May 10, 2016 5:55 pm

elevenstrings wrote:Latest Incarnation:

:cool:
With so much cool stuff I would probably end up just looking for the strangest sounds and not composing anything at all.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby elevenstrings » Tue May 10, 2016 6:34 pm

FretNoMore wrote:Are they Barefootbuttons?

Yep.

Dowi wrote: :cool:
With so much cool stuff I would probably end up just looking for the strangest sounds and not composing anything at all.

You can compose lots of music with only strange sounds. :excellent:
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Tue May 10, 2016 10:57 pm

Oh man. I came here to post my little board and end up after the don mega of ILF pedalboards. :lol:
Here's how I party these days. Keepin' it simple.
bored.jpg
bored.jpg (223.05 KiB) Viewed 1937 times

bored2.jpg
bored2.jpg (218.8 KiB) Viewed 1937 times

joyo tuner > RV-3 > OCD > DOD 250 > Quantum Leap > Brassmaster clone
I made the board out of some scrap wood. Everything's velcro mounted.
Really stoked to have my favorite pedals on something that fits in a backpack.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 11A » Wed May 11, 2016 5:24 am

^That's my kinda board, nice and comfy!

Missing my b:assmaster right now, I imagine you can get some fucked up sounds with it last in the chain? Never tried that :cry:
11A

involved
involved

Postby gnomethrone » Wed May 11, 2016 5:41 am

Thanks
11A wrote:Missing my b:assmaster right now, I imagine you can get some fucked up sounds with it last in the chain? Never tried that :cry:

Yeah it's gets wild. Modulated delay into it makes lo-fi sci - fi. Feed it both dirt pedals and a rolled off guitar tone knob and you get screaming sustained octave.
Everything on + my amps tremolo = levitation
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Wed May 11, 2016 7:49 am

I really like that mini board! Maybe I shouldn't get a pt-nano/metro. Maybe a plank will be sufficient?
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Wed May 11, 2016 8:35 am

I love small, simple boards, especially ones that look well thought-out and useful, like gnomethrone's. I tend to keep my pedal collection between 3 and 6 at a time, but I'm not always good at coming up with an efficient collection.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby gnomethrone » Wed May 11, 2016 8:38 am

Brandsmannen wrote:Maybe I shouldn't get a pt-nano/metro.

Total cost of my new "custom" board: $4 for the can of all-in-one stain and sealer I used to finish it.
good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Wed May 11, 2016 10:35 am

gnomethrone wrote:

Total cost of my new "custom" board: $4 for the can of all-in-one stain and sealer I used to finish it.

What do you use in terms of moving it around? Found an appropriate case or something?

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed May 11, 2016 10:38 am

Brandsmannen wrote:
gnomethrone wrote:

What do you use in terms of moving it around? Found an appropriate case or something?

I thought he said a back pack,

I have one board at home I made to fit perfectly in the laptop section of my backpack, it is the best.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Wed May 11, 2016 10:41 am

hbombgraphics wrote:
Brandsmannen wrote:
gnomethrone wrote:

I thought he said a back pack,

I have one board at home I made to fit perfectly in the laptop section of my backpack, it is the best.

Haha, yup, I see it now. I think with such a small thing moving it around is the easiest bit anyway

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Wed May 11, 2016 11:15 am

I'm going to look at thrift stores for a cheap case that would fit. Having my cables and board strapped to my back makes life easier but it would be nice to have a little more protection for certain situations.
good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Willem » Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm

just shuffled the pedal order. I swapped the iRig Stomp off and use now the LS-2 as looper for the procession and can easily solve the volume loss problem when I run it 100% wet (my favorite setting). I maked place for the new upcoming pedal under the Moby Dick. There's also enough space for the Tonal Recall. :)
Last edited by Willem on Wed May 11, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzzonaut about the RM-1N:
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby frigid midget » Wed May 11, 2016 3:06 pm

Mah board is a fucking joke atm :facepalm:
Tore it apart for a overhaul but quickly realised I'm in dire need of some new shit. Bare with me plse, even though this might not be the right place for a pedal crisis, I'd still appreciate some advice/recommendations/insights from my fellow peddle geeks...

These didn't make the cut:

The ODB-3 and Fabtone both behave deliciously disgusting, but the whole high gain buzzsaw thing just doesn't stay fun and usefull for a long time :idk:
The a/b box will still be used now and than, I just don't need it permanently on my already tiny board.
The Digiverb is my buddy's. Fucking hate it, the level pot works like a blend control, killing your dry signal completely when it's turned all the way clockwise :facepalm:

And about to go to another home: Wren&Cuff Mercy Phuk, the Stone Deaf PDF-1, EQD Afterneath (in favor of an Avalanche Run).

So what I'm left with:

D&S: Oldie but a goodie. By far my favorite muff so far, and that's saying a lot. It lacks a led and dc bus though, and in bypass it bleeds off treble like a mother :s
Hotcake: Really nice at low and medium gain settings, kinda dark and muddy and meh at higher gain settings.
Mastotron: Has one or two awesome settings, but it feels stupid to keep it around just for that. There's gotto be something out there that can do a similar thing AND more, right? :ifk: Right now there's a bit of overlap with the FZ-2, which has been my favorite superfuzz-esque pedal forever btw. Also, horizontal peds are a nightmare for small boards.
Freeze: I don't use it enough to justify keeping it on a small board where every inch counts. Especially since this stupid pedlol apparantly needs a seperate shitty unregulated psu to not hiss, and I can barely fit just my main power supply underneath the boards :s
ES-2: Still an awesome bang for the buck analog delay imo, but the tap tempo is as inaccurate as it gets, and the shitty build quality is starting to piss me off. This is my second one, the first one died after a whopping two days :facepalm:
I couldn't care less about the silly modulation on it, the fader is flimsy and will NOT last long if I keep rocking it with my foot, the knobs are litterally falling apart,...

Apart from the annoying switch and dc input, the FX20 is actually okay. It's like a slightly upgraded small stone, not more not less. All I need from a phaser :idk:
Wish I could fit a Small Clone inthere too. The tiny ones don't have to mojo of the big vintage style ones, and neither have an actual depth control.

Srry, /rant :facepalm:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby OddKnowledge » Wed May 11, 2016 4:03 pm

frigid midget wrote:Also, horizontal peds are a nightmare for small boards.

Quoted for truth.

Keep the FZ-2 (and maybe the D&S) and sell the others. You don't seem to really get along completely with most of them. Replace them with dirt that's more to your liking and size/shape requirements and delay that isn't problematic.
What sounds do you want? What do you play?
OddKnowledge

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear