Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Pete » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Replaced my Phase 90 with the La Calavera. The Phase 90 had been on my board probably longer than any other pedal, other than the tuner. I also got an EQD Gray Channel, and realized that for my purposes the tube screamer is way better. If I ever put the Gray Channel on my board, it'll go in one of the fuzz slots. I feel like it belongs in the fuzzy overdrive category, and is only useful on the clean channel.
Attachments
,,,,,,,,,, !.jpg
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:44 am

Apparently the other guitarist in my (doom) band likes the shoegazey stuff I play when we're just screwing around so now he kinda wants to do doom-gaze.
Also, he gave me his mustang bridge that he used on his Jaguar which he traded for a Laney and the bridge + heavy Gear Supply Co. strings is pure sex.
TU-2 > POG > SL-20 > Deco > RE-20 > DD-3 > Acapulco Gold clone > Buzzz > ED2 > Holy Grail > Fuck > Holy Mountain > DD-5 > Cathedral > Ditto X2 > Generation Loss
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:12 am

that board is fucked up good jrfox92
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:45 am

that setup is killer, how do you use the slicer front of chain? I have always kept mine near the end.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:50 am

I just re-added it to the board, but I'm mostly using it as a sweeping tremolo after the fuzzed out POG. I'll need to experiment with the patterns again to see which ones sound best to my ears.
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:31 am

jrfox92 wrote:Apparently the other guitarist in my (doom) band likes the shoegazey stuff I play when we're just screwing around so now he kinda wants to do doom-gaze.
Also, he gave me his mustang bridge that he used on his Jaguar which he traded for a Laney and the bridge + heavy Gear Supply Co. strings is pure sex.
TU-2 > POG > SL-20 > Deco > RE-20 > DD-3 > Acapulco Gold clone > Buzzz > ED2 > Holy Grail > Fuck > Holy Mountain > DD-5 > Cathedral > Ditto X2 > Generation Loss

:drool:

What's the blue&white fellow between the dittox2 and fuck od? And since I'm alwas in search of another reverb pedal, and you're obviously picky when it comes to effects...: What made you go with the holy grail instead of one of the bazillion nice boutique reverb peds out there? Or even a tc/digitech/mxr/boss reverb, aren't those all a bit superior in terms of overal (build) quality? :idk: First guess would be that you have enough other reverb sources on yer board take care of most of your reverb needs...right?
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 am

frigid midget wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:Apparently the other guitarist in my (doom) band likes the shoegazey stuff I play when we're just screwing around so now he kinda wants to do doom-gaze.
NSFW: show

:drool:

What's the blue&white fellow between the dittox2 and fuck od? And since I'm alwas in search of another reverb pedal, and you're obviously picky when it comes to effects...: What made you go with the holy grail instead of one of the bazillion nice boutique reverb peds out there? Or even a tc/digitech/mxr/boss reverb, aren't those all a bit superior in terms of overal (build) quality? :idk:

Cooper FX Generation Loss

A) Because I've yet to really traverse into boutique reverb, yet. I'm still looking at the ones that really pique my interest (which are few and far between). Right now I'm looking at building a DBA Reverb Machine (I've been meaning to do that for a long, long time) and maybe getting that new Paradox Effects Reverb. In the future I'll probably replace the Cathedral with a RV-2 and Dark Star/Bitquest, though.

B) When I was first looking for a reverb other than my Cathedral I remembered this old post from Baritones where he'd modded a Holy Grail with fuzz or something.
He later did a mod (which I also did) where there's a long/short switch and which replaces the flerb with a "room" reverb which is like the Hall and Spring at the same time.
So, I thought that was rad shit.

C) It's actually pretty well made, in my opinion. The only thing I'm sketchy about is the board mounted pot which is huge and makes the PCB float in the very middle of the pedal (which lends itself to flopping around if the pedal gets tossed).
Since I always forget:

jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gerb » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:06 am

Biggest board got up-/ downgraded (up in sounds, down in size). Ditched the M13 for the M9 and the PDS2700 for the PDS20/20 (finally, ffs.. thanks, DarkAxel!):

Chain:
Boss TU-3 --> DOD FX25B (808 mod) --> T.A.A.S. Basscreamer Deluxe --> EHX POG2 --> Fuzzrocious Rat Tail --> GGG-Tuned "Muff Diver" --> Digitech PDS 20/20 --> Boss DD-6 --> Boss PN-2 --> DOD FX10

You can hear a few sounds i'm probably going to use for a (S)NES project I have coming up here and here.
Gerb

interested
interested

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:24 am

really want to get everything here (probably minus the trem) onto one board
use the univox and crate in stereo and be pretty happy

Chain isn't set in stone but is as follows

Reaper-Dirge Comp-Bitquest- P-factor-Dirt Trans-Echobox-Dopperlganger clone-RV-5-Plague-Flutterby-Supernatch-Timebender-Volume-DL10 - Dry out to Univox-Klone-SLicer-DonnerGate-Rowin Looper

Slicer can be my only trem and the univox trem is insane, wish I could make it and the crate verb Footswitchable, Klone only to 1 amp makes me pretty happy as I have a kindof clean signal working now

Want it all on one board however and totally out of room with these 2 boards,
Time to build something I guess.

Having stupid power issues with one of my one spot daisies on the bigger board that's why wires are everywhere

and the doppel being sidways is annoying me right now ALOT!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 11.18.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 11.18.56 AM.png (577.17 KiB) Viewed 3021 times

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:33 am

Gerb wrote:Biggest board got up-/ downgraded (up in sounds, down in size). Ditched the M13 for the M9 and the PDS2700 for the PDS20/20 (finally, ffs.. thanks, DarkAxel!):

Chain:
Boss TU-3 --> DOD FX25B (808 mod) --> T.A.A.S. Basscreamer Deluxe --> EHX POG2 --> Fuzzrocious Rat Tail --> GGG-Tuned "Muff Diver" --> Digitech PDS 20/20 --> Boss DD-6 --> Boss PN-2 --> DOD FX10

You can hear a few sounds i'm probably going to use for a (S)NES project I have coming up here and here.

Sweet! What;s the big wood thingy????
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gerb » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:53 am

Nothing more than an Ibanez SW35 in an Ikea HOL table.. :animal:
Gerb

interested
interested

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:59 am

that's the greatest Idea ever,
I could have amps everywhere!!!

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Odismaximus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Toropicana wrote:Beautiful.

Here's my shitty chain :

Boss PH 2 > Nano Clone > H&K Tubeman mkI > Little Big Muff > Morley Wah/Volume > Boss DSD2 > Delay Artec > Digitech Polara > Behringer UT-100 > ss/bs Mini >>> Peavey Special 130

Lots of ss/bs love on this site! :snax:
Odismaximus

interested
interested

Postby Odismaximus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:04 pm

rustywire wrote:^
I must make an offering to this page.
v6 Muff > HP-1 > MK2 > EBVP > '77 Crybaby > Deja Vibe > LFLJ > PolyFlange > DMM ...Shape EQ just chillin & waiting to join my bass amp :hobbes:
Also serving as a placeholder for the Gen Loss coming soon :snax:

That v6 Muff is super tasty!
Odismaximus

interested
interested

Postby Odismaximus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:15 pm

AZX309 wrote:I finally made good on this years goal of getting a proper power supply and a better board

pitchfork => Mu Blaster => Volt Thrower => Model FET => Longsword v1 => BUZZZ => Big Sky => ditto x2

For a guy that mostly plays ambient or stoner rock, I have a really doom board

I want a Model feT real bad
Odismaximus

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear