Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby MaxMaps » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:50 pm

behndy wrote:so gooooood.

i got maaaaaayyyyybeeee a little carried away on a somewhat mirrored board idea. but suoer happy with this -

Look at you being all cute and back to pedal GAS

:hug:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:05 pm

Tiny board I've put together to make some noisy experiments.

5FBBA6AA-2DD5-47EE-9AB8-CAA058D38F30.jpeg
5FBBA6AA-2DD5-47EE-9AB8-CAA058D38F30.jpeg (110.65 KiB) Viewed 736 times
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:30 am

gila_crisis wrote:Tiny board I've put together to make some noisy experiments.

Love this small setup Joel :love:

last month ,immediately after i got the Dr.Sci box i wired this board. I mean, I HAD TO, at this point it was a moral obligation..

then last week i condensed it into this (and sold Blooper):

Totally set and forget board, small and perfect for writing. Elements are set for overdrive and distortion, the BitQuest between them is for for tayloring/scooping/boosting frequencies (notch filter mode) or tighten up the bass (hipass filter mode), while the other BQ is for flanging, chorusing or tremolo (currently equipped with the standard cleanquest chip and the new tremquest one). SDD for delay and Atmosphere as an always on room reverb that gives a bit of depth with the secondary preset set for black-metal-recorded-in-a-cave-with-the-worst-mic-on-earth-Walll-of-reverb.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:03 pm

Dowi wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:Tiny board I've put together to make some noisy experiments.

Love this small setup Joel :love:

last month ,immediately after i got the Dr.Sci box i wired this board. I mean, I HAD TO, at this point it was a moral obligation..

then last week i condensed it into this (and sold Blooper):

Totally set and forget board, small and perfect for writing. Elements are set for overdrive and distortion, the BitQuest between them is for for tayloring/scooping/boosting frequencies (notch filter mode) or tighten up the bass (hipass filter mode), while the other BQ is for flanging, chorusing or tremolo (currently equipped with the standard cleanquest chip and the new tremquest one). SDD for delay and Atmosphere as an always on room reverb that gives a bit of depth with the secondary preset set for black-metal-recorded-in-a-cave-with-the-worst-mic-on-earth-Walll-of-reverb.

You're a bit on a quest for a new board :animal:

Thanks bro: soon I shall meet again with Attila, and have a Mulo Muto meeting/rehearsal, so I'm undusting a bit the noisy/heavy artillery :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:14 pm

MaxMaps wrote:
Look at you being all cute and back to pedal GAS

:hug:

lol. got WAY too grabby trying out loots. this is solid, but focused enough that i don't really want anything else. i have this as my noise slash Tasty Chase Bliss Snobbery desk section -

for synths or out the computer fuckery, but i like having a pretty basic yet verbose board for bass stuff?

i dunno. does anybody else get like... Completionism Ennui? if i have a chunk of desk or synth section or modular or pedalboard planned out, once it feels like it's completely refined and DONE i... don't really want to do anything creative? like the knowledge that no more Oooo Shiny Loot Dopamine Hits are incoming makes me ambivalent about actually USING the thing i was so excited to get together? it passes, but damn it's DUMB. d

i love those little boards! ETCHED PEDZ FOREVER.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:52 pm

Cool one!

I used to be like that, now I like to have an idea / project in mind first… I’m at the point where I don’t really like changing my board around, or buying more pedals (I bought 4 in the last week or so) unless something isn’t working or I feel something we are working on needs something… one useful tool for me on that is last year I was given one of those small red zoom multifx things.. it’s cool when you are like”do I needed vibrato?” And you can patch it into your rig and find out you really need to buy a vibrato :hobbes:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:54 pm

lol. try before you buyyyyyyyyy.

i mean. i am probably never going to finish any songs, doubt i'll ever do band stuff or gig out anywhere. i am the Music Is My Relaxing Hobby stage. that (usually) helps me keep relatively static. got a bug in my bottom bum about doing more bass stuff, ended up buying through too many things to settle on a simply multi option setup.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackened Soul » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:26 pm

I think whatever works for anyone is fine.. we all have our own situations. The world is fucked up, just do what keeps you happy…. I still have a band going but we are at the playing out once a year stage because… we aren’t really wanting to get back at the BROKEN original scene. AND after the loss of a band member right before the lockdown.. we are still making music, but mostly just for us and self healing still at this point, writing some oddball stuff that is fun for us to play and not much else.. I was actually kind of shocked last year when we played the stuff live it went over really well :idk: i think we’d/ I’d be more interested in playing out if there was a change in the scene and the venues.. I was a bit disappointed actually when everything opened up and it was just the same tired people playing the same shitholes… unless you are talking about the bigger venues and touring bands.. but even that by accounts is getting close to cost prohibitive… there needs a change…. Not sure what that is though… I just know things are broken.

I hear you on unfinished songs.. I have a full album of electronic stuff that I will never finish.. every time I listened all I hear is the tedium I put into doing stuff just to see if I could do it… I got way lost in the tech where it lost all the fun.. to the point where I never want to ever program another drum sequence ever again… again if it isn’t about fun.. so now I just try to have fun.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:23 am

i dont know if this relates or not
but i often think of this type of phenomenom like an RPG game
u go thru the whole game building your character(s) up and getting cool new stuff, learning new skills, meeting new ppl.
its awesome!
eventually u are close to the end and u get ALL the cool shit. all the dope spells, summons, etc. whatever
your crew is LEGIT AF
u are like YES only to keep going & realize that in the next room lies the final boss and then the game is over.... :(

as this relates for me to life and/or music making or any creative endeavor (for me the two are so interconnected)
i never wanna get to that place at the end of the game or strive to. (maybe this is more of a mentality than a physicality)
i just wanna keep going, keep building on something, learning new things and most importantly keep having fun with it like i am still at the beginning.
i know hte game of life will end for me at some point
but life/music making isn't an RPG. maybe the point is not to reach some pinnacle. maybe the point is to just keep on keeping on.

:idk:
Last edited by Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. on Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:47 am

this is going to sound totally sucky and old-hippie (which is fair because i am), but over the course of my life i've found it useful to think of the things i do as a process, rather than something that's aimed at a specific goal. i'm 67, and striving for specific goals has led to disappointment more often than not. back in the 80s i once used the phrase "a continuous process of becoming," and i think that's pretty good. not that goals are inherently bad; sometimes they're vital. but if you get too focused on one goal you'll be shooting at one soldier while the rest of the army is popping off rounds at you. i hate to use the river metaphor, but philosophers and spiritual teachers have used it at least since ancient Greece because it works. sometimes the level is low and everything moves slowly; at other times it's flood season and you just get carried away. but you're never totally in the drivers' seat, and the river goes on regardless. it doesn't care about you, but it can carry you.

a favorite thing about working mainly in loops is that there really can't be a defined goal. there's stuff i often do and certain routines i've devised for specific sounds and textures--at some point in almost every session i'll be making bell sounds on the ring mod run through the flanger--but i try to keep things as random as possible. "aleatoric" and "heuristic" are good words to describe it. hell, at my age having musical career goals would be absurd. i just like to play with things, make them do funny noises and talk to each other, and watch what happens. i was always oriented towards long improvisations, but now i've removed the structure, tonality, context, and "meaning." i told someone in the early 70s that i didn't see the Grateful Dead to hear songs, but rather that "i go for the parts between the songs" i.e. the somewhat free jamming. now everything is the parts between the songs, and i never have to play "El Paso." i'm outside the box now. sometimes it's cold, but i'm free.
Last edited by dubkitty on Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am

Great post! That's why they always say "trust the process".
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:12 pm

the entire process of devising the 3 boards was driven by what would work in the looping context and also be useable in normal life. when i tested something or heard demos i could quickly tell if something was right for its role in the system. so the concept has been steering me, so to speak, as much as i'm directing it. i'd be like "i need x sound" and something would be available out there that generally worked, somewhere in the system if not in the spot i intended. sometimes the system told me "no, we don't like that" and why argue when you can't win and are wrong?

my life is weird now because i can't really separate out my processes from one another. the boards, my relationship, guitar projects, how i'm gonna pay for my dental work, the workload from my job, what to do with the apartment, it's all around me in a big cloud. it's kind of nice because it keeps me from worrying about stuff. is this what they mean by having an integrated life? or would "pleasantly overwhelmed" be more accurate? probably.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:02 pm

Update
Swapped the Macon for the boss space echo and the malekko for the bbe mind bender and added a phase 95

6C901E3E-FFAD-4EEB-85F7-CD283758DE84.jpeg
6C901E3E-FFAD-4EEB-85F7-CD283758DE84.jpeg (202.25 KiB) Viewed 534 times
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:23 am

it doesn't bear a picture because the boards haven't been revised, but i hooked up the boards to the Rolls Tiny Two-Way Crossover and then ran the signal into the guitar and bass amps. HOLY SHIT! i may never be able to go back to just a guitar amp again. the added richness on the bottom two strings is amazing, and the blend of tube highs + 12" Weber California and solid-state lows + 15" JBL D140 is great for looping. i hear subsonic shit when using the ring modulator i've never heard before. next i need to test the octave boxes (Octron 3 and Octave Multiplexer) to see which works better for generating bass content. i always wondered why the bass on my Soundcloud loops had more bottom than playing at home. it was because guitar amps suck at 40 Hz tones. i HIGHLY recommend trying this if you have guitar and bass amps.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby le lambin » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:03 pm

That’s a great idea I’m going to try it! What bass amp are you using?
le lambin

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear