Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 am

hbombgraphics wrote:I like the idea of having some tabletop style effects along with a standard board, but it's alot to set up and lug around.

What's the purpose of the bose speaker?

The speaker is a pseudo practice amp. My full setup is a bit much to power up if all I wanted to do was just experiment with the 856 and/or Cloudy. I recorded a small loop that has is just bass part and some spoken audio into the ditto and have the small bose speaker there so that I can just plug this board into an outlet and then practice without having to go through amps/PA/etc. This way, I power up this little board and use the loop in the ditto as audio in so I don't even have to plug in an instrument. With the 856, I really only need a small amount of any audio and then practice mangling it and turning it into groove worthy stuff.

The deeper I get with pedals, the more I'm realizing that I need to have things at my fingertips if I want to be spontaneous musically and actually play the pedals as instruments. MIDI is great, but at times it is a bit too canned and planned out. I like twisting a knob, hearing, and reacting.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:44 am

cosmicevan wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:I like the idea of having some tabletop style effects along with a standard board, but it's alot to set up and lug around.

The speaker is a pseudo practice amp. My full setup is a bit much to power up if all I wanted to do was just experiment with the 856 and/or Cloudy. I recorded a small loop that has is just bass part and some spoken audio into the ditto and have the small bose speaker there so that I can just plug this board into an outlet and then practice without having to go through amps/PA/etc. This way, I power up this little board and use the loop in the ditto as audio in so I don't even have to plug in an instrument. With the 856, I really only need a small amount of any audio and then practice mangling it and turning it into groove worthy stuff.

The deeper I get with pedals, the more I'm realizing that I need to have things at my fingertips if I want to be spontaneous musically and actually play the pedals as instruments. MIDI is great, but at times it is a bit too canned and planned out. I like twisting a knob, hearing, and reacting.

Very cool idea, I have everything on a big board and end up bending over quite a bit, this might be a better solution.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:

Very cool idea, I have everything on a big board and end up bending over quite a bit, this might be a better solution.

Make no mistake. I have a massive PT pro. Thats in one effect loop on my preamp. The other effect loop is a PT metro of all preamp copies of classic amp tone stacks and a PT metro with a few loopers and a flip flop and a red panda mixer to feed other stuff into the loopers. I am getting a Bored Brain Terminal for my birthday and am gonna use that to string it all together going forward which will open up some routing possibilities and insert points! Small boards are the way to go.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JM Charcot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 am

Mini pedalboard that I can use out of the studio.

it consists of various inputs, here the Leaf Audio microphonic soundbox -> ehx freeze -> Caline pitch shifter -> EHX switchblade pro, SS/BS fuck overdrive and EHX green russian in the loops -> Strymon El Xapistan -> Zoom ms70cdr -> Neunaber Iconoclast.

Green Russian and Fuck get on well in the sends of the Switchblade pro, I can use them in parallel or in serie, and choose which one comes firts, that's an good pair.
Last edited by JM Charcot on Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JM Charcot

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:09 am

Very cool setup!

The series/parallel idea sounds like it would give you a ton of cool sounds with those pedals.

how do you like the caline pitch shifter?

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby alexsga » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:16 am

so the A+B switch on the EHX lets you order-switch when in Parallel mode?
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby JM Charcot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 pm

alexsga wrote:so the A+B switch on the EHX lets you order-switch when in Parallel mode?

Not in paralell since there is no order but in serie yes you can choose which one goes in the other, without changing the cables.

hbombgraphics wrote:Very cool setup!

The series/parallel idea sounds like it would give you a ton of cool sounds with those pedals.

how do you like the caline pitch shifter?

I have an EHX Pitch Fork on my big pedalboard that I use mostly, so I can't really tell about the Caline, it works for what I want here, bringing pitches to the drones from the Freeze, but I never used it really with guitars and something else than sustained sounds. But anyway for drones it does the job, there is a wet and dry knob, which is what I want.
JM Charcot

committed
committed

Postby alexsga » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:24 pm

JM Charcot wrote:
alexsga wrote:so the A+B switch on the EHX lets you order-switch when in Parallel mode?

Not in paralell since there is no order but in serie yes you can choose which one goes in the other, without changing the cables.

how? :?:
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby JM Charcot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am

alexsga wrote:
JM Charcot wrote:

how? :?:

When in series you activate A+B, then A/B will alternate the order.
JM Charcot

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:03 pm

So the AB switch always changes the order? that's kinda cool but frightening

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby starmansam » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 am

I put a new board together for a heavy psych band I just met up with. They were looking for an extra guitar player to fill out some space, and this fit the bill pretty nicely.
starmansam

committed
committed

Postby qersty » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:20 am

starmansam wrote:Image

I put a new board together for a heavy psych band I just met up with. They were looking for an extra guitar player to fill out some space, and this fit the bill pretty nicely.

Wrong thread http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=61665
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby starmansam » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:57 pm

I've been meaning to post it there too.
starmansam

committed
committed