Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:15 pm

:hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby kbit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Hell yeah volca keys! Ambient as fuck.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:59 pm

elevenstrings wrote::idk: I don't know guys. I run 23 pedals (5 of them in Stereo) on a board with 3 power supplies and have absolutely no problems as far as noise/tonesuck and it rarely breaks down.

This is what I make sure of:
- no solderless cables, and make sure every cable is soldered well at the correct length.
- every pedal on it's own isolated port, even the 4ma fuzzes.
- keep wires tidy
- Keep pedals super close to each other without touching (if they do touch I put a thin piece of foam between them).
- use dual lock 250 to keep pedals from moving in transport.
- don't let any metal from the cables touch the metal on the board.

Very good info in here!

So what I have now. Is a mixture of soldered and solderless. I FUCKING HATE solderless, but bought them because of the fact that I got them for a stupid cheap price. If they are causing me issues, I can probably sell them for what I paid or more.

I do have some pedals touching each other, but I've never had an issue with that before? I see why it could be though because some builders use the cases as the ground. Sigh. LOL

Wires are actually super tidy to the OCD point. First time I've done that underneath.

Everything is isolated.

BUT! I have three PP+ because I needed 4 18v isolated supplies for four pedals and couldn't find a better solution. Now two of the PP+ are touching each other. Could that cause an issue?

Aside from that, maybe it's time for a custom board that I actually can use the way I want. If I start up with this band I've been talking too, I'll need almost everything I have. Stoner rock with ambient craziness. My dream! LOL
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby pgallagher716 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:01 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Image

Standard Fuzz -> RV3 (mode 7) -> Infanem 141G -> Algal Bloom (Asymmetrical germanium + red LED mode) -> Memento -> Memory Loss -> Digital Water (looper mode) -> Echo Degrader -> No Memory -> BitQuest (hi/low-pass filter) -> Particle (reverse) -> CT5 -> Context (gated) -> RM-1N

Pretty much sums up my opinion here.
Attachments
RandyMarshJizz-s635x477-140227.jpg
RandyMarshJizz-s635x477-140227.jpg (200.18 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
pgallagher716

involved
involved

Postby DocD3F4U17 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:17 pm

haha yo boy came, what a loser he wants to put his willy in yo pedals
your lonely pedal would be better off in a noobs hands
DocD3F4U17

interested
interested

Postby backwhenIwascool » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:43 pm

Here is my board at the moment.
I have a Count to 5 on the way. :!!!: A few more on the horizon as well (new board, fuzz, delay, verb).
Some people call me.......Cosmogang
backwhenIwascool

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 pm

what's the ho-tone?
Also: so much delay!!!

I feel like I could have fun with this setup!
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwhenIwascool » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:43 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:what's the ho-tone?
Also: so much delay!!!

I feel like I could have fun with this setup!

Yeah man! The older Echo park (with the brighter green label) is in the loop of the Superego with the behringer vibrato. I set that one like a lofi junky (minimum delay time, 100% wet, full mod). The newer one is for the dreamy delay sounds. The DE7 is for the brink of oscillation goodness. The hotone is a mild overdrive. It's really not my favorite, but it is good for the price.
Some people call me.......Cosmogang
backwhenIwascool

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:15 am

very cool, I like it alot,
DE7 is a killer delay

I have liked all the hotone pedals I have tried
pretty good stuff
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PanicProne » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:37 am

jwar wrote:
elevenstrings wrote::idk: I don't know guys. I run 23 pedals (5 of them in Stereo) on a board with 3 power supplies and have absolutely no problems as far as noise/tonesuck and it rarely breaks down.

This is what I make sure of:
- no solderless cables, and make sure every cable is soldered well at the correct length.
- every pedal on it's own isolated port, even the 4ma fuzzes.
- keep wires tidy
- Keep pedals super close to each other without touching (if they do touch I put a thin piece of foam between them).
- use dual lock 250 to keep pedals from moving in transport.
- don't let any metal from the cables touch the metal on the board.

I do have some pedals touching each other, but I've never had an issue with that before? I see why it could be though because some builders use the cases as the ground. Sigh. LOL

Some interesting things going on here. Personally, I've been thinking about upsizing lately. Been running a PT2 for a long time, but thought about switching to two PT JR's (which I've had at home for ever), PT2+PT Jr or even selling boards and getting a PT PRO. I've never really had any problems with my "big" PT2-setup except a bad A/B-box that kept crapping out for some reason, but have had issues with my PT jr's at home lately. Sometimes I swear it even feels like the electricity goes through me when I play. Not a lot, but I get that tingle, you know?

So the point, is there a known/confirmed list of builders that use the cases as ground? I don't know a lot about electronics and stuff but seems stupid to me. Either way I'd like to know who they are, in case I've one of them on my board causing the problem.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:03 am

Cases as ground shouldn't matter at all afaik.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Hypnodrone » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:41 am

Board d'jour. I have to change something on it before every midnight so it won't turn into a pumpkin ...
Currently a noiseambientdrone-board

Carlin compressor --> Vox AC30 emulator --> DBA Supersonic Fuzz Gun --> Modded Wooly Mammoth clone --> Juansolo Sola Sound Tone Bender Jumbo --> Tweaked Devi Ever Noise Floor --> Mad Doctor Vox Repeat Percussion --> Juansolo Zero Point Module delay --> Modded Crybaby --> Juansolo Jason The Dragon multieffect (Ultrastoner fuzz, Madbean delay, Madbean Stagefright phaser, Rub-a-Dub reverb) --> Seppuku Ecomod 3 --> EH Superego looped with a EH small stone nano and a LSDelay with light sensitive sensor --> some old Boss looper.
Amp is a 1969 KELLY 50 watt.

Sounds something like this (crap-phone video ...):

Last edited by Hypnodrone on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hypnodrone

committed
committed

Postby breitnersn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:02 am

Clean Channel wrote:Jwar: First off, that huge board is so awesome.

That said, I also found trouble shooting a really big board eventually too much. Moved down to a PTJr and really like that size (although I have mine packed edge to edge).

I also agree on the risers. I got the Pedaltrain ones (I think they call them boosters), and have the whole second row up. Makes it much easier to reach.

On my old big board I also had risers for the middle and third rows. Those were made from blocks of wood wrapped in tolex.

Old huge board (Custom board, about same at PTPro):

NSFW: show

New smaller board (PtJr):

What the risers do (older pic of my PTJr. Same risers are still on there):

I really like all of that.
breitnersn

committed
committed

Postby jasonmitsch » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:11 am

Jean has blown my mind with his playing, board, and now board conceptualization. I never thought about a lot of those points like pedals touching or pedals touching the board. Great food for thought.

What is the best between-pedal-foam for metal?

Jwar, I hear you on your frustrations. When I was still gigging a pt pro I used a wounded paw v4 blender and had something like 30 patch cables between 18 pedals at one point. I miss the flexibility, but just don't need it for my current projects. Trouble shooting a Pt Jr is a breeze lol
jasonmitsch

committed
committed

Postby rustywire » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 pm

11stringbass offers some practical troubleshooting solutions and construction tips for longevity.
For a while now I've been using electrical tape over the backs of pancake jacks and other bare metal/exposed RA plugs on patch cables to keep them from touching other pedals. I used to grab whatever cables until entire setups were suddenly full of vintage gear where noise/buzz is expected and little things can make a huge difference in lowering noise floor...as well as preventing pops, shorts and even damage or danger. Only recently have I begun spacing and physically buffering pedals from one another, and last night added a top layer of the same cork tiles from underneath my board. Everything sounds and feels noticeably tighter. For all the efforts in taping plugs, I had a few pedals that were coupled to each other via board itself and it appears to have made a difference :facepalm:

Also :whoa: :snax: :joy: :omg: :!!!: those setups since my last post on p1717. Well done lads.
And welcome hypnodrone. Very good first post and interesting choices. That deal you made seems worth it but always remember, if life gives you pumpkins...make jackolanterns...and pie :hobbes:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear