Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby chromewaves_ » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 am

$harkToootth wrote:Omg three amp set up! What a debut post! Would love to hear your chunes!

oh god I don't run all three at once, though I probably could. I have run the Fender and the Trace together through a ABY box, and it sounds massive. I will eventually wire up the back half of the board for stereo and see how that sounds.
chromewaves_

interested
interested

Postby chromewaves_ » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 am

VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:Crazy stuff chromewaves. Envious of that Deluxe Reverb! What kinda stuff do you use the 70CDR for?

kind of a swiss army knife delay/mod box. Mostly for sounds I like to access occasionally but don't need a dedicated box for. I have Carbon Copy, DMM, Small Clone, MXR flange, and detune settings on favourite, and also some nutso patches like step filters, black hole reverbs, reverse reverbs, Count To 5 available if I'm in the mood. It's super useful - I just wish the user interface was a little better (would love a hard bypass switch so I don't need to use the true bypass looper box)
chromewaves_

interested
interested

Postby IBNYX » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:07 pm

_2D6iFUOCA_yCQj5JaKJEBsf9-Kymq1C-aw8FIx-4is2.jpg
:D

Baby's first Mini! Also I got a Doom Bloom clone.
Muslim Trans Dyke | DD-500 Evangelist
Instagram Reddit
”Back and forth, soul without a body walks; It sees love and it sees witnessing, but not so much what the difference is.”
IBNYX

interested
interested

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:59 am

Nice. Chain?
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:23 am

IBNYX wrote:
_2D6iFUOCA_yCQj5JaKJEBsf9-Kymq1C-aw8FIx-4is2.jpg

Baby's first Mini! Also I got a Doom Bloom clone.

Nice! Do you use the model FeT as preamp or just to color the sound?
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dowi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:53 am

Just ended up rewiring everything, finally got back to a sort of stable board cause we started band rehearsals again last week after months of pause.

I had several problems planning how to power everything with the introduction of the Red Panda pedals that need more mA than my previous pedals, but luckily today I found out that the Ct5 draws less than I expected so I can make it work with 100mA without any problem.

Decided to keep the Tensor because I plan to build the external footswitch for easier live manipulation.

The only things I would like to change right now are:
- Whateverb: nice reverb but i want to bring back the Dr. Scientist Atmosphere i was forced to sell months ago because of car problems. Some of its modes were truly unique, best reverb I have ever had.
- add the EHX Pitch Fork. I'm just waiting to find one used, meanwhile I'm having the Ct5 doing pitch shifting duties.
- add a Random Modulation device, but at this point I wouldn't know how to make room for it (except if I get rid on the Tensor).
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Paul_C » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:38 am

This is probably my worst quality picture yet :)

I had to tidy up a bit and dig out a third stand to put the Slicer and Tenori-On on.

The Slicer had been put away for a while but I thought it might add another layer of complexity to chop up the Tenori-On sounds.

I've swapped the Into The Unknown for a Raygun Youth, but I'm still pondering what else could go there (maybe a Particle V2 when I have funds).
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:39 am

Dowi wrote:- add the EHX Pitch Fork. I'm just waiting to find one used, meanwhile I'm having the Ct5 doing pitch shifting duties.
- add a Random Modulation device, but at this point I wouldn't know how to make room for it (except if I get rid on the Tensor).

I use the Tensor for pitch shifting. It sounds way better than the pitch fork IMO. You should give it a try. It's one of the presets I use w the 4 button switch.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:12 am

cosmicevan wrote:
Dowi wrote:- add the EHX Pitch Fork. I'm just waiting to find one used, meanwhile I'm having the Ct5 doing pitch shifting duties.

I use the Tensor for pitch shifting. It sounds way better than the pitch fork IMO. You should give it a try. It's one of the presets I use w the 4 button switch.

Will do! Currently I use it mainly for time warp functions after the dirt section, while I like the Pitch shifters to be at the beginning of my chain, so I don't know if I could use it for both.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby IBNYX » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:54 pm

VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:Nice. Chain?

Mex Tele/JMJM > Mini > Doom Bloom> Op-Amp Muff >Pitchfork > Model feT/Quilter Preamp (parallel in LS-2) > DD-500 > Deco > Tuner > LM-2 >Quilter Power Amp > Cab/DI

Dowi wrote:Nice! Do you use the model FeT as preamp or just to color the sound?

Preamp! It's amazing, and does respond like high-gain amps I've played. I think the Quilter is the best small-format full-amp solution I've head, but the fuckin' feT blows it away in terms of pure sound.

I'm waffling on if I should replace the Deco with a Flint, however. I don't really use a ton of Reverb and I've never used Trem (though I should), but something about it keeps calling me even though the Deco is maybe my fav modulation of all time. Mercury7 and Polymoon are also contenders, and they'd fit that space. I really wish Boss just made a combo trem/verb in their normal format; I love the LM-2 as a utility but I'd replace it.
Instagram Reddit
”Back and forth, soul without a body walks; It sees love and it sees witnessing, but not so much what the difference is.”
IBNYX

interested
interested

Postby IBNYX » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Dowi wrote:Just ended up rewiring everything, finally got back to a sort of stable board cause we started band rehearsals again last week after months of pause.

I had several problems planning how to power everything with the introduction of the Red Panda pedals that need more mA than my previous pedals, but luckily today I found out that the Ct5 draws less than I expected so I can make it work with 100mA without any problem.

Decided to keep the Tensor because I plan to build the external footswitch for easier live manipulation.

Nice setup. IIRC the CS Series bricks can give their full range across outputs? I have a CS12 under my board running everything smoothly.
Instagram Reddit
IBNYX

interested
interested

Postby Dowi » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:11 am

IBNYX wrote:Nice setup. IIRC the CS Series bricks can give their full range across outputs? I have a CS12 under my board running everything smoothly.

That's probably the reason, didn't know that!
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby alcohol.won » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:18 pm

Dowi wrote:Just ended up rewiring everything, finally got back to a sort of stable board cause we started band rehearsals again last week after months of pause.

The only things I would like to change right now are:
- Whateverb: nice reverb but i want to bring back the Dr. Scientist Atmosphere i was forced to sell months ago because of car problems. Some of its modes were truly unique, best reverb I have ever had.
- add the EHX Pitch Fork. I'm just waiting to find one used, meanwhile I'm having the Ct5 doing pitch shifting duties.

So you're powering the Count To Five with a 100 mA tap without any issues, did I get that right? That's good to know, I thought it needs a minimum of 150 mA. Do you know what version you have?
alcohol.won

involved
involved

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:50 pm

This mini board is everything. It plays itself like a modular synth. Totally nuts. Who still plays bass anyway...

Its so amazing like this but I think ultimately this board will end up housing my Klein bottle and Count to 5. The 856 is being used as a looper mostly. I havent done much w the AREC mode but this setup would benefit from that Oh So Much!

•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:13 am

alcohol.won wrote:So you're powering the Count To Five with a 100 mA tap without any issues, did I get that right? That's good to know, I thought it needs a minimum of 150 mA. Do you know what version you have?

I have the last one, I think I bought it last January or February to replace the older version (no quantize switch) I used to have.
And yes, so far I'm not having any problem! I don't know if it can get a little noisier only on certain settings :idk:
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear