Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby tjlong » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:51 am

been using essentially the same board i posted sometime Feb 2013. Some of these pedals aren't the forum hype they once were but i've not felt any need to replace anything for some time now. A second "extra modulation and loops" board is stowed away.
tjlong

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:23 am

Gnar. What's your signal chain?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tjlong » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:Gnar. What's your signal chain?

right to left, top to bottom, like an "S" shape
starts with the elements and ends with the boost above the tuner
tjlong

committed
committed

Postby Shish » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:04 pm

tjlong wrote:been using essentially the same board i posted sometime Feb 2013. Some of these pedals aren't the forum hype they once were but i've not felt any need to replace anything for some time now. A second "extra modulation and loops" board is stowed away.

I so envy all top jacks boards :thumb:
Shish

committed
committed

Postby Clean Channel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:13 pm

tjlong wrote:been using essentially the same board i posted sometime Feb 2013. Some of these pedals aren't the forum hype they once were but i've not felt any need to replace anything for some time now. A second "extra modulation and loops" board is stowed away.

Freakin' so nice!

Seeing your board last year was one of the primary factors that motivated me to switch to an all top-mounted board as well!

I made the switch late last year and have been doing some minor tweaks ever since. Feeling really good about my current lineup, and I hope that like you I can say it's relatively unchanged in a year's time!

Here's a direct link to mine (I posted it a few pages back, so no point in embedding it again): http://bit.ly/1qUDM2D
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby space6oy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:29 pm

all the top jack board people... awesome but man they make me feel so uncoordinated... if that's a word... my clumsy foot would trigger two so often... right there the el cap's tap would turn the blue sky on and off all the time... :omg:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm

also it's weird to me when people put their tuner at the end of their chain. i always put mine damn near first aside from my cranky fuzz probe that insists on that pozish. and it drives me nuts when people let their audience hear them tuning. and i'd rather do it while delays and reverbs and loopers keep making nice noise. mean no one any offense, just spillin'.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby grygrx » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:34 pm

space6oy wrote:also it's weird to me when people put their tuner at the end of their chain. i always put mine damn near first aside from my cranky fuzz probe that insists on that pozish. and it drives me nuts when people let their audience hear them tuning. and i'd rather do it while delays and reverbs and loopers keep making nice noise. mean no one any offense, just spillin'.

Sometimes having a 'kill all' switch is handy.
grygrx

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:06 pm

space6oy wrote:also it's weird to me when people put their tuner at the end of their chain. i always put mine damn near first aside from my cranky fuzz probe that insists on that pozish. and it drives me nuts when people let their audience hear them tuning. and i'd rather do it while delays and reverbs and loopers keep making nice noise. mean no one any offense, just spillin'.

Once I have a looper Ill probably put it right in front of the looper but after everything else, so I can kill everything but the loop when I need to.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Yeah I keep my tuner first. Actually, it's split out of my Rangemaster, and I just mute my volume pedal to tune so I can always keep the tuner on
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tjlong » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:59 pm

the last pedal is actually a VP Jr which i heel down when i tune. i only use it if im doing a show so no one hears me tuning. otherwise, 1 less pedal to carry!
i use the tuner alot as a killswitch so i dont get loud pops when i plug in/out or when i want to do a sudden stop for those abrupt silences or a sudden blast of feedbacking More Heavy or dimed Xero resonance.

the signal chain was determined more by form than function actually. the tuner wouldnt fit anywhere else haha
not sure if tone is optimal in this chain. probably not :lol:

i also place a volume X to the right of the trem for expression and to the right of that, a rmc3fl which would be first in chain. but i dont use the wah much (usually just as a parked wah filter) so i usually leave that at home.

actually, i've never hit an adjacent pedal by accident. maybe i have small feet lol
but way too often i will mess up the knobs on the lower tier when i hit a pedal on the top tier. usually the el cap or bsr because the knobs are very smooth. i need risers. or maybe just pull out the knobs on the strymons
tjlong

committed
committed

Postby autopilot » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Eivind August wrote:
Code: Select all
I've still a couple of pedals incoming, going on two different boards. But today I have just enough to fill one, and that means pic tiem:

noice
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:29 am

tjlong wrote:but way too often i will mess up the knobs on the lower tier when i hit a pedal on the top tier. usually the el cap or bsr because the knobs are very smooth. i need risers. or maybe just pull out the knobs on the strymons

Get the Pedaltrain 'booster' risers. They're actually really good, and make it easy to hit the back row without touching the knobs in the front.

Here's a pic...

Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tjlong » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:06 am

Clean Channel wrote:
tjlong wrote:but way too often i will mess up the knobs on the lower tier when i hit a pedal on the top tier. usually the el cap or bsr because the knobs are very smooth. i need risers. or maybe just pull out the knobs on the strymons

Get the Pedaltrain 'booster' risers. They're actually really good, and make it easy to hit the back row without touching the knobs in the front.

Here's a pic...

thats awesome thanks!

top mounted jacks just make sense to me when i think about how pretty much all pedalboards are rectangular (width being more valuable real estate) and how most people tend to chain their pedals right to left, side-by-side and rarely in an up/down "W" shaped chain. side jacks would make more sense for that.

only thing is alot of pedals with top mounted in/out and power jacks have expression/CV jacks on the side. i wish more builders would put their expression jacks at the bottom like the Compact Faye Sing B and some of the Toneczar pedals i think
and pedal builders, if you are reading, please please put pedal dimensions and current draw (not just voltage) on the product page itself...instead of burying it in font size 7 at page 8 of a downloadable pdf file :lol:
tjlong

committed
committed

Postby goosekevin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:19 am

as 'done' as itll get
although the rusty, wah and particle's positions are up in the air pending potential amp purchases
zoom is cool but annoying to use, kind of miss my m5

but ill be damnded if this board isnt fun and tasty as hell

EDIT
stuck the wah inbetween the buzzz and the fuck and its a million times better
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear