Lastgasp Art Laboratories

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Lastgasp Art Laboratories

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 am

Thanks for the kind words. It took me a few of these to figure it out.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:55 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:

I finally got to mess around with my 88. As i was playing, I thought, “I should start recording this.”

This is not Britney Spears so I'm not interested.

:p
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:

I finally got to mess around with my 88. As i was playing, I thought, “I should start recording this.”

Best cake by the ocean cover!
instagram: digitally_analog | snapchat: dave1856
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:03 am

Please anyone share some Misty Cave tips... Was hoping to use it as a sort of reverb/analog delay, but having trouble adapting it to my playing.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 am

It helps to kind of tune it to your song. Play your root chord or something prominent in your song and sweep the misty cave until it sounds good. Leave it, and then play the song. Expression pedal is a huge help for this.
instagram: digitally_analog | snapchat: dave1856
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:48 pm

DRodriguez wrote:It helps to kind of tune it to your song. Play your root chord or something prominent in your song and sweep the misty cave until it sounds good. Leave it, and then play the song. Expression pedal is a huge help for this.

Pretty much this^
I used it more for specific parts, than always on...or as a way to add resonance to other delays/effects. Perhaps adapt your playing to it, versus the other way around ;)
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Auxiliaryjoel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 pm

lordgalvar wrote:So, they all came in today!

Tone Mosaique:
There is some volume loss though (which makes the flikrrr nice to have on haha). The up and down are pretty nice and the tone control has a pretty wide range. Pretty fun.

Could I use the tone mossaique to accent solos (in a weird / glitchy way) on top of a Big Muff fuzz or a MXR Dist + or will the Tone Mosaique drop volume to the point that I'm getting more lost in the mix than I would without it?
Auxiliaryjoel

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:38 am

On the tone mosaique,
You would probably need a good blender (like a lightning wave Doom or xotic blender) if you wanted to go that route. It's very envelope-y too. (To me, this is always a good option instead of relying on a pedals clean blend for level issues because you can boost it).

I can't remember how bad the volume drop is or if I was thinking transroom when I typed that....it's been a long long time since I've played guitar.

On glitchy...I think there may be better options out there. I like the pedal a lot, but I guess it depends on what you are looking for...
Like rattle crow has glitchy-er and weirder envelope tracking
There are glitchy-er kinda things (like some plls) that can pull off some similar sounds.
There are more radical effects of this type (like holowan thermal wave)
Even an envelope controlled ring mod might be a good option (moody had one, studio electronics, two moogerfoogers)

Don't know if that helps
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to General Gear