Lastgasp Art Laboratories

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Lastgasp Art Laboratories

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 am

Thanks for the kind words. It took me a few of these to figure it out.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:55 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:

I finally got to mess around with my 88. As i was playing, I thought, “I should start recording this.”

This is not Britney Spears so I'm not interested.

:p
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:

I finally got to mess around with my 88. As i was playing, I thought, “I should start recording this.”

Best cake by the ocean cover!
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:03 am

Please anyone share some Misty Cave tips... Was hoping to use it as a sort of reverb/analog delay, but having trouble adapting it to my playing.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:42 am

It helps to kind of tune it to your song. Play your root chord or something prominent in your song and sweep the misty cave until it sounds good. Leave it, and then play the song. Expression pedal is a huge help for this.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:48 pm

DRodriguez wrote:It helps to kind of tune it to your song. Play your root chord or something prominent in your song and sweep the misty cave until it sounds good. Leave it, and then play the song. Expression pedal is a huge help for this.

Pretty much this^
I used it more for specific parts, than always on...or as a way to add resonance to other delays/effects. Perhaps adapt your playing to it, versus the other way around ;)
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Auxiliaryjoel » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 pm

lordgalvar wrote:So, they all came in today!

Tone Mosaique:
There is some volume loss though (which makes the flikrrr nice to have on haha). The up and down are pretty nice and the tone control has a pretty wide range. Pretty fun.

Could I use the tone mossaique to accent solos (in a weird / glitchy way) on top of a Big Muff fuzz or a MXR Dist + or will the Tone Mosaique drop volume to the point that I'm getting more lost in the mix than I would without it?
Auxiliaryjoel

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:38 am

On the tone mosaique,
You would probably need a good blender (like a lightning wave Doom or xotic blender) if you wanted to go that route. It's very envelope-y too. (To me, this is always a good option instead of relying on a pedals clean blend for level issues because you can boost it).

I can't remember how bad the volume drop is or if I was thinking transroom when I typed that....it's been a long long time since I've played guitar.

On glitchy...I think there may be better options out there. I like the pedal a lot, but I guess it depends on what you are looking for...
Like rattle crow has glitchy-er and weirder envelope tracking
There are glitchy-er kinda things (like some plls) that can pull off some similar sounds.
There are more radical effects of this type (like holowan thermal wave)
Even an envelope controlled ring mod might be a good option (moody had one, studio electronics, two moogerfoogers)

Don't know if that helps
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby laughter_much_louder » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Has anyone here had trouble with 46? I recently received one and I'm finding the mid scooped mode 2 quite frustrating. The Sooper should be a pretty standard sounding octave fuzz...but in mode 2 it's squealing quite a bit and it's almost unusable unless you're making noise. It almost sounds like it's a faulty unit. The board itself looks potentially unfinished...anyone have any insight or have a similar experience? I wanted a gnarly octave fuzz that could rip faces off which I get in mode 1, but mode two sounds like it's literally broken(not good broken.)
laughter_much_louder

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Mine is a higher gain super fuzz. It's great and I love it. It will oscillate at higher gain, especially in the scooped mode.

LAL is a noise pedal company. Have you tried it with other guitars or different output pickups? The octave effect is somewhat at the mercy of what's thrown at it and it can give some odd results (it has gotten oversaturated with me...just gotta dial back the gain).

His boards are hand etched old time style. They aren't factory made.

If my suggestions aren't the problem or helpful:
Could be a defective switch not fully switching between modes or it could be a bad component. I doubt the board is bad. Did you buy it new or used? Hiro is great on warranty and will replace the pedal (he did for me on the spkjr when it had low output). He's a wonderful guy.

It's probably my favorite super fuzz other than the 45.
Last edited by lordgalvar on Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:01 pm

^What lordgalvar said.

The 46 isn't a traditional sounding Super Fuzz. My main guitar has weird (microphonic) pickups and sometimes I can get that pedal to oscillate when the GAIN knob isn't anywhere remotely near the red zone. It's definitely a gnarly sounding fuzz, but I suppose everybody's idea what constitutes "useable" is different. If I wanna try to minimize the noisier aspects of the pedal, I usually turn down the TONE and the GAIN a little. That often tames things to some extent.

If you can post a video or some sound clips, it'd be better to be able to diagnose whether there's something wrong.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby laughter_much_louder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:34 am

Trying to figure out how to post Vimeo videos here and I'm failing. See below.
Last edited by laughter_much_louder on Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
laughter_much_louder

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby laughter_much_louder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:54 am

Here is a link to a video...It's a little hard to tell but I don't have time to actually track in properly. The problem is as it rings out it starts to trail off into this microphonic sound maybe?? I don't think it's oscillation although I can get this to oscillate on both modes. This sound only happens in the scooped mode.

https://vimeo.com/308249592

I know what LAL makes so I wasn't expecting a Sunface or something...but I can't ring out in the scooped mode at all because of this. I'm wondering if it's a bad component? It's pretty expensive to ship back to AUS for repairs...I got this brand new from LAL and it arrived yesterday. There is something on the board that I have never seen before..It almost looks like components were clipped out or like it wasn't finished. There are component legs poking out of the board.

Last edited by laughter_much_louder on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laughter_much_louder

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:39 am

That could be a component hiding on the other side of the board.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:29 am

They could be jumpers or mounted on the other side.

I hear what you’re talking about. Does it do that with a different guitar?

I’d try contacting lal to see if they have any ideas.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear