Lastgasp Art Laboratories

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Lastgasp Art Laboratories

Postby nad » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:36 am

Well I know that I could just ask Mudfuzz directly, but hey, why not start another thread about these awesome pedals?! I just received a Forty-Six Expression Fluff Falling Distortion Machine...

...and after 5 minutes know it to rule mightily. After 30 minutes I found even better things, and with a solid hour under my foot and in front of a warm tube amp, holy shitballs, this thing is absolutely unreal. I adore simple layouts that can produce such a great array of fun sounds, you know, like a passive Jazz bass instead of 40 knobs that don't interact with one another at all.

Anyhow, I have begun this madness because I am curious as to which LAL pedals work decently on bass? I now know that this Sooper Fuzz 46 works fine for lows (especially in Mode 2, holy fucking ka-BOOM!) and the Oscillo Fuzz 88 that I foolishly sold years ago are just great for such things, but what about the rest? Time to start buying more for my hoard.

Finally, I haven't posted here in awhile, so I say :joy: , yes :joy: , to all.
Those whose nose knows the noes.
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Lastgasp Art Laboratories

Postby univalve » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:47 am

univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nad » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Too many LAL threads cluttering the boards lately, hey? They must be going mainstream, I always knew that the masses would eventually catch on! :joy:
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Nad's alive?!
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:10 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Nad's alive?!

Let's hope so.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby nad » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:41 pm

nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 12XU2A3X3 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 pm

nad wrote:

:thumb:
Ugly Nora wrote:Maybe he should go back to mail order like Jandek.

https://soundcloud.com/christian-mirande

good deals: zzuFrepuS, backwardsvoyager, hatshirt, intothegroove x2, onyxrhino, oldangelmidnight, DannDubbleEwe x2, solarolosonoio, ghosteffects, smallsnd/bigsnd, john lyons, dandolin, rot gut
12XU2A3X3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nevada » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Had the Octavella around Thanksgiving last year. Bought it from BST and resold it a little while later. I found it to be a bit too quiet. I'm not a guitar player and have no guitars, so maybe there was an impedance issue, but it was nicely built.

Bought the Gomorrah immediately afterward and returned it. Sounded great but I felt it was too inflexible for my setup.

What I liked about both, besides the nice pots and branding, was that each had a very synthetic character. At least I thought so. It's easy enough to find very raw, unrestrained fuzzes. Less so, I think, to get something with sheen.

Currently lusting after the Sick Pitch. Really wish they still made the Rattle Crow. Looks very cool.
Good deals with PumpkinPieces, hazelwould, PetZounds, Steelyeye, DannDubbleEwe (x3), skullservant (x3), ChetMagongalo, leaves turn, Helter, EvilCatBucky, OddKnowledge, vanderholm, Phengren Oswald, Uncle Grandfather, decomposing, MrNovember, multi_s (x2), smallsoundbigsound (x2), Dandolin, Strangle Tales who is a good dude
nevada

experienced
experienced

Postby sylnau » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:28 pm

12XU2A3X3 wrote:
nad wrote:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:17 pm

and wrote:I could give Mudfuzz a few K to buy all their pedals so he could give me the answer I need

Hey dude! :hug:

Un.. I have the SOF88, Tone Axe and Green monster on my bass board ATM :thumb: all are super-win :thumb: I used them for synth sounds mostly, but in a way I think all three work better for bass… well… the green Monster just mades stuff sound crumbly and weird but thats what it's for. I have a SOF86 too but I don't remember how it sounds on bass but it's my favorite fuzz for guitar for running into other dirt pedals :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby nad » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Sweet, thanks man! The Tone Axe has really caught my eye, with this confirmation of Bass Awesome I'll probably pick one up. I want an 88 again, but they are really expensive for something I'd only use occasionally. I never hold onto oscillating fuzz pedals very long, I love them, but really only when my noise project is in full swing (currently dormant for a few years now), as I don't seem to use them in "normal" band contexts. If I ever get rich I will totally but you a Lastgasp pedal or 7. :hug:

Also for what it is worth, the 46 is an absolutely fantastic pedal. I'll be bringing it to doombandpractice next week to give it The Full Treatment. I expect nothing short of :omg: when it is all said and done.
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:05 pm

nad wrote:Sweet, thanks man! The Tone Axe has really caught my eye, with this confirmation of Bass Awesome I'll probably pick one up. I want an 88 again, but they are really expensive for something I'd only use occasionally. I never hold onto oscillating fuzz pedals very long, I love them, but really only when my noise project is in full swing (currently dormant for a few years now), as I don't seem to use them in "normal" band contexts. If I ever get rich I will totally but you a Lastgasp pedal or 7. :hug:

Also for what it is worth, the 46 is an absolutely fantastic pedal. I'll be bringing it to doombandpractice next week to give it The Full Treatment. I expect nothing short of :omg: when it is all said and done.

Yep, Tone axe has become my fave really, it does oscillate though.. some times :lol: but it is the only pedal that to me goes head n' head with a freqbox in it's own way!

I'll post a recording later.. sound cloud seems to be having issues atm...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby nad » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Sweet! :joy:

Now I'm thinking maybe the Toxic Plant will be my next one... I'm such a sucker for ring modulator type things.
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Yeah, the TP intrigues me too.

her you go, 4003 tuned BEAD Tone Axe direct
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby nad » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Damn that's hot. :omg:

Now I have to decide between that one, another 88, or the aforementioned Toxic Plant.

Or, you know, do the smart thing and wait until after my tax bill is paid this April. Boo...
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear