UG demos RM-1N with Shruti Box

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UG demos Ciat-Lonbarde Sidrax organ

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:22 am

hey now, here's a listen to that there Ciat-Lonbarde Sidrax organ. Little this and that.
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Cocoquantus modulating Sidrax

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:36 am

heyo, i took Deltaphoenix's advice to use the Ciat-Lonbarde Cocoquantus 2 as an oscillator. Here I've got it modulating the Master Pitch on a Sidrax organ. All the modulation is from the Coco as I basically just play the same four bars over and over, swapping a couple cables here and there.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:56 am

Hey UG, these vids are great please do keep them coming! The more Ciat Lonbarde I get to hear the better. Have you picked up a plumbutter?

Would love to hear the TSP Pollen in one of them, and maybe a sid/tet cross patched combo vid?
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:58 am

chrisdermo wrote:Hey UG, these vids are great please do keep them coming! The more Ciat Lonbarde I get to hear the better. Have you picked up a plumbutter?

Would love to hear the TSP Pollen in one of them, and maybe a sid/tet cross patched combo vid?

Thanks, really glad you're digging em :thumb:
ohhhhhh the Pollen, that's a great idea. i'll be sure to try that out asap and record the experiment. i had a really fun session earlier with the sid/tet/coco/moisturizer all cross modulating one another....was alive :love: I'll try to get some more CL stuff recorded this weekend :thumb:

No PB yet, been saving up though :cool:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Knas Moisturizer with CL

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:28 pm

hey there, here's a listen to a Knas Moisturizer. Karimba is into the Moisturizer, Moisturizer and a Tetrax are into Cocoquantus. Tetrax is cross modulated with the Coco, and the Coco is modulating the Moisturizer....maybe the LFO from the Moisturizer is patched to the Coco too, can't remember but probably.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Nice and wet sounding! :!!!:

You should bust out some Alien Mother Filter to mess with these wooden things. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Yup, that was pretty dang cool, UG. I like the teleporter sounds at the beginning (like a starship to adventure).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Re: UG demos Metasonix TM-1 Waveshaper/Ringmod with TSP Poll

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:34 am

I think it sounds like hand lotion. But in a good way.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:45 am

Chankgeez wrote:Nice and wet sounding! :!!!:

You should bust out some Alien Mother Filter to mess with these wooden things. :snax:

haha, that's exactly what I though too, the Knas is sooooo good. and that's a GREAT suggestion :omg:

lordgalvar wrote:Yup, that was pretty dang cool, UG. I like the teleporter sounds at the beginning (like a starship to adventure).

:thumb: playing those springs is so much fun

JonnyAngle wrote:I think it sounds like hand lotion. But in a good way.

:lol:

annnd here is a listen to thee Metasonix TM-1 Waveshaper/Ringmod. I don't even any other pedal that sounds as awesome as the TM-1, what are you gonna do its Metasonix. I've got a Tetrax patched up all nice with itself and sent a couple of its oscillators out to the TM-1. One is going into the Audio in on the TM-1, another is going into a Teaspoon Parade Pollen which I patch into the Carrier in after a bit. I patched one of the barres gestures out to the CV in on the TM-1. Towards the end I swap the Audio/Carrier signals and things go extra crazy. in the beginning its just the oscillator of the Tetrax, then TM-1 and etc.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Metasonix TM-2 Dual Bandpass Filter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:23 pm

howdy, hard not to hook up the Metasonix TM-2 Dual Bandpass Filter when using the TM-1...so here's a listen to that little lovely combo. I'm just using the TM-2 as a source to begin with, with a Montreal Assembly fewtility one mixer sending it's output back into it's CV inputs. I hook a Teaspoon Parade Pollen into the Audio and Carrier in's on the TM-2, sending its Input into the audio and CV inputs on the TM-2 and TM-1 was pretty neat.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos MASF osc02v2 & osc03 through TM-1

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 am

ayo, here's a listen to the MASF osc02v2 and osc03 through the Metasonix TM-1 ringmod. I patch the TM-1 audio out back into its CV inputs at some point, really liking how that goes.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:39 am

I've wanted an Osc2v2 for so long it's killing me. :lol:

I just went to the MASF website andhe had a dead link to an osc4 though, so I'm excited? Or is that old news?
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Inconuucl wrote:I've wanted an Osc2v2 for so long it's killing me. :lol:

I just went to the MASF website andhe had a dead link to an osc4 though, so I'm excited? Or is that old news?

I hope you're able to score one, sounds soooo good and those are so fun to play. goes really great with the osc03 too, pretty sure those are still available. I don't really keep tabs so didn't know about the osc4 :omg: just checked their site and what's up with those three BPF? Some handheld noise filters? just checked out

and the euro 03 sounds great, really like at like 1:44 when two CV signals are going :love: :love:
oh man..might need to grab one of these :facepalm:

annd...the Metasonix TM-1 waveshaper/ringmod has a CV input, turns out that input also puts out a signal...patching that to the Audio Input really brings it to life. Nice to dial it right on the edge and just let it come alive, goes all random. Here's what that sounds like
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Eowave The Ribbon lo-fi ribbon synth

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:16 am

heyo, mostly been using the Eowave Ribbon lo-fi ribbon synth set up to output cv/gate, it also sounds pretty great set up for outputting audio too. Here I've got it putting out a Triangle wave, with FM on the tactile pad. Running it through a Seppuku FX Dynamic Ecco Mod.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Eowave The Ribbon's five waveforms

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:01 pm

hey now, here's a listen to the five waveforms of the Eowave The Ribbon's lofi 8-bit digital oscillator. First is Sinewave, Triangle, Square, Saw and finally the Noise. I've got the tactile pad to FM modulation, but change it to AM modulation with the Noise...not much to the noise, doesn't even seem to respond to pressure on the ribbon. You need to have The Ribbon hooked up to your computer to make changes with their editor....The Ribbon 2 lets you store presets on the instrument itself. I really like the aliasing and artifacts in the higher range. Oh yeah, I've got the ribbon set to 12 octaves continuous.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear