UG demos RM-1N with Shruti Box

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UG demos Seppuku FX Memory Loss

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:56 pm

How about you all send me your ML's and I'll demo them and disappear from ILF forever?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:33 pm

haha...I'm going to make some better ones once I find my mic stands (and ebay bucks sale today! woooo)

Some nice eerie resonance in there. Nice demo UG!

Someday I'll learn to play slow without sounding lame.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Interesting. Yeah there's a setting with the data almost fully clockwise and the clock almost fully counterclockwise wise that doesn't have repeats and, well you heard how the pedal sounded. I loved how there were kinda three things going on with the resonance, glitch, and then the fuzz. Just incredible. I can also get it to act like a normal delay and then like a looper of sorts. I'll try to make a demo of the "normal" repeats and then one of the looping when I get the chance. Then there's all the crazy shit you get when you actually twiddle knobs. What a great pedal!
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:Interesting. Yeah there's a setting with the data almost fully clockwise and the clock almost fully counterclockwise wise that doesn't have repeats and, well you heard how the pedal sounded. I loved how there were kinda three things going on with the resonance, glitch, and then the fuzz. Just incredible. I can also get it to act like a normal delay and then like a looper of sorts. I'll try to make a demo of the "normal" repeats and then one of the looping when I get the chance. Then there's all the crazy shit you get when you actually twiddle knobs. What a great pedal!

Right on!

Yea, I've become more enthralled with it the more time I have given it lately...makes it tough to choose haha.

Some of the knob tweaking sounds are awesome. Be happy to hear more.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:09 pm

I'm definitely going to pick up other versions of the pedal when I see them now. Don't get my wrong, the repeats on my version have this lovely crunchy and chippery texture to them, but it doesn't sound as lo-fi and "broken" as the others.

So, are there four versions out there (excluding one-offs like the KK+ML)? The one UG (and LG?) has, the "chip in front" one, the vertical blue one and possibly the new one? :idk:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:34 pm

UG's is a special one off. Your's and brandmanenn's is one (I think they are similar), my newer one (2014 I think), the chip front blue, and then there are some with corrected input circuits (maybe the newest version...I think the ones with hi/lo switches are what I mean), plus the one offs (UGs and UN's being examples). As far as I can tell at least.

The blue chip one is more lo-fi, mixes, and kind of washy...the newer one that looks like UG's (and sometimes sounds like UG's but more limited) is more sharp, loud, and has a tiny bit of bleed...but is more shiftery and more glitchy...
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Hey hey, here is another look at the specific type sounds I can get from the/my Seppuku FX Memory Loss. This time Im showing that deliciously lo-fi fuzz along with what I consider the more traditional delay/repeats I can get out of it.
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Seppuku FX Memory Loss and another

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Hey, so here is another look at the knobs and how they affect the sound with the Seppuku FX Memory Loss. This time i'm messing with the Feedback knob and all the juicy noise it "controls". The mystery 5th knob doesn't act like a gain bringing the glitch/fuzz in this setting but more like a wet/dry blend keeping the dry signal audible even when the feedback is full on oscillation. Pretty cool stuff.
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Seppuku FX Memory Loss some mo

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:02 am

Holy shit. How fucking good is that feedback texture? :drool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:24 am

Hey, that's really cool. I think that you need to buy a new model, Kent. I can take your old one, so you don't have to throw it away. :)*
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:29 am

Wait, UG's version is a one off? Mine looks exactly the same as his.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 am

Strange Tales wrote:Wait, UG's version is a one off? Mine looks exactly the same as his.

Don't know? I'm making these recent demos so we can suss out how the memory loss sounds/functions. I still havn't demod how this pedal's main repeats sound/work, these have just shown different settings that get pretty different types of response from the pedal from the gain knob, feedback knob, and the normal type delays. LG has one that looks like mine too but mine does different things, I guess. Soooooo, does your's sound like mine?
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:39 am

Yours is sounding more like mine the more demos you make. There were some settings in that really old video that were different. Could it be an impedance, hot signal thing? I still think something is slightly different with the feedback...

But the last few have sounded very similar to mine
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:42 am

Dunno? I still havn't got to the main way the pedal functions, these have just been a couple different settings that get different type sounds from the pedal.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:45 am

Pepe wrote:I think that you need to buy a new model, Kent. I can take your old one, so you don't have to throw it away. :)*

:)*

I think I'll look for them used next year. Still waiting for a reply from Rhys as to what version he is currently building. The pictures don't always coincide with what pedal you're getting. As much as I dig my vertical blue ML, I'd want to be sure I was getting another take on the circuit before spending around $320. :p
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear