UG demos RM-1N with Shruti Box

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UG demos Endangered Audio Research The Gristleizer

Postby beezlebub » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Cool demo UG. Really showcases the strengths of the unit.
beezlebub

committed
committed

Re: UG demos Endangered Audio Research The Gristleizer

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Thanks guys :hug:
Yeah I really like the all black look he switched to, it's really solid too.
I tried to focus on the major similarities/differences between it and the popular clone, which is more hi-fi sounding and how the bias knobs affects the sound differently. Seems all of the controls are more interactive on the EAR as well. I still see a lot use for the clone but this is in a different league I think.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Basic Audio Throbby...

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Hey, here is a listen to the Basic Audio Throbby tremolo with Overtdrive. I really like how easy it is to dial in a great tremolo throughout its entire range, there is really no sweet spot it just sounds great :love: I'm not really a fan of overdrive but the Overtdrive easily nails that "generic" sweet sounding 3d od that seem to be so popular with the kids these days.
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:39 pm

NIce, UG! That Throbby's hypnotic.

I'm not really a fan of overdrives either, but that Overtdrive does sound pretty rockin'.

Mind if I post your vids in the tourbox thread on TGP?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Chankgeez wrote:NIce, UG! That Throbby's hypnotic.

I'm not really a fan of overdrives either, but that Overtdrive does sound pretty rockin'.

Mind if I post your vids in the tourbox thread on TGP?

Yeah the Throbby is one hell of a tremolo. The Overtdrive just sounds...great. Its full and balanced and easily integrated with my different amps to give that classic 3d overdrive tones. I found its tone control and the mid cut were very tweakable, I would be all over this pedal if I wanted great od tones, I'm really impressed by Basic Audio.
That's fine about posting them on tgp :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Yeah, John's got a great ear.

I really like the Alter-Destiny as well. It's a super Muff.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:12 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, John's got a great ear.

I really like the Alter-Destiny as well. It's a super Muff.

Yeah these pedals really give an harmonically enriched experience. And that Fat control on the muff is fat indeed. I'll post some more demos soon!
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:13 pm

:thumb: :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seance » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:22 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:Hey, here is a listen to the Basic Audio Throbby tremolo with Overtdrive. I really like how easy it is to dial in a great tremolo throughout its entire range, there is really no sweet spot it just sounds great :love: I'm not really a fan of overdrive but the Overtdrive easily nails that "generic" sweet sounding 3d od that seem to be so popular with the kids these days.

Sounds great!

To be honest, I originally joined TGP in order to participate in a Canadian version of the Basic Audio tourbox.
:thumb:

I'm currently signed up for the new tourbox, and the Throbby is one of the pedals in it. I'm curious to see how
it compares to the Moog MF Trem that I have (and really like).

From what I've read it seems like people really like how the volume on the Throbby lets you push your amp,
just like an overdrive would. Which seems to make the note-throb gush into the amp, like thumb-prints pressed
into a rolled out bit of bread dough (initially compressing then slight recoil before the dough slowly oozes back into shape).

The Overtdrive seems cool, but I already have one overdrive. I got it because it has two channels (Barber UnLTD).
It works for me. And that seems like all I need whenever I need overdrive.

Fuzz on the other hand... too much is never enough. So many different kinds of lizard flash and bird-like dash
to sparkle your peyote-fueled desert dreams with. There's sand grit of various colors (sandstone tans to brick red to blinding white)
and then there are fuzz pedals that parch your notes, taking out all the moisture, leaving a dehydrated cactus of crackle and
velcro zip.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby beezlebub » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Man, I may trade in my Seppuku Repeater for a throbby. The repeater sounds pretty incredible, but loses volume when I hit it with the heavy fuzz on my board. This is a problem. Strangely, it does non alter the volume at all when you hit it with a rat. The throbby's level control looks like a good feature on a good sounding trem.
beezlebub

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:29 am

beezlebub wrote:Man, I may trade in my Seppuku Repeater for a throbby. The repeater sounds pretty incredible, but loses volume when I hit it with the heavy fuzz on my board. This is a problem. Strangely, it does non alter the volume at all when you hit it with a rat. The throbby's level control looks like a good feature on a good sounding trem.

Well, you know who to contact if you're ever planning on selling the Repeater. ;)

Cool demo, UG! 3:54 is my kind of stuff! Really nice pulsating setting and playing. :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:31 am

Seance wrote:
Sounds great!
I'm curious to see how it compares to the Moog MF Trem that I have (and really like).

Thanks, its pretty different compared to my Moogerfooger ring mods tremolo. Im trying to resist buying one but it sounds so damn nice I might just cave in, it's so unique. I'm with you on od vs fuzz :thumb: There are different favors of od but they pale in comparison to fuzz.

beezlebub wrote:Man, I may trade in my Seppuku Repeater for a throbby

If the seppuku is anything like the vox repeater you would be gaining some real versatility compared to the choppiness of the repeater. I've got an original vox repeater and an acid fuzz clone and they both handles fuzz really well, must be something with the seppuku :idk: the throbby is a really great sounding tremolo.

UglyCasanova wrote:
Cool demo, UG! 3:54 is my kind of stuff! Really nice pulsating setting and playing. :thumb:

Thanks :hug: it's really easy to get lost just strumming a chord with the throbby pulsating away.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:36 am

Hey hey, here is a listen to the Basic Audio Alter-Destiny with a Judder. It's a big muff clone with some nice tone sculpting options involving the midrange. Also love the Fat knob.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:37 am

Hey there, here is the Basic Audio Shore Bird with a Possessed.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Basic Audio Throbby, Alter-Destiny, Shore Bird

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Nice Basic Audio demos, UG.

What pedals would you use to cop the lead sounds in this tune?

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear