UG demos RM-1N with Shruti Box

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UG demos Seppuku FX Dynamic Ecco Mod

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:14 am

Hey there, here is the Seppuku FX Dynamic Ecco Mod with a Lastgasp Art Laboratories Oscillo Fuzz adding some tasty dirt in some of the Ecco Mods more subtle settings adding nice textures.
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Seppuku FX Dynamic Ecco Mod & LAL

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:44 am

Hey now, here is the Seppuku Fx Dynamic Ecco Mod with the Lastgasp Art Laboratories Sooper Fuzz going through the delay knobs range.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Flangers!

Postby moid » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
moid wrote:Thanks for posting those; I love the sound of multiple flangers, especially with a delay inbetween to prevent the whole mass losing all texture. I've had interesting (non standard flange) sounds by splitting my signal so the Left chain goes into a flanger>delay>flanger and the right does the same flanger>delay>flanger but with reversed delays on that channel. All the flangers are set to very slow speeds and similar intensities where possible (I use a mix of BF-2, Dod FX 75B, Digitech Turbo Flange and Line 6 Liqua Flange with a Biyang Time Machine and Digitech Digidelay). Sometimes some gentle fuzz at the start of the chain helps too. Your videos are wonderful things for inspiring me to create new sounds with normal pedals :)

Nice post, moid, seems like something I'd like to hear. You got any sound clips?

Uncle Grandfather wrote:Thanks moid, yeah I'd love to hear some clips too! That demo was the dirt time I tried stacking flangers snd I think it turned out pretty awesome so I spent the whole day trying different combos. Thanks again :thumb:

Thanks - it's taken me a little while to figure out how to get Soundcloud working (I've never put any of my/our music online before - I play music with my son). So hopefully this demo of the above mentioned set up can be played

The first minute with the better guitar playing is my son; my part is somewhat longer and slower, but both use the exact same setup (guitar and pedals) with different styles of playing. You can see the settings in the below photo

I use the step flange on the liqua flange pedal to add texture to that channel while the reverse delay adds texture to the other channel. One channel did have some chorus at the end of it to smooth out some of the more distorted frequencies from the DOD FX75B. I haven't mixed the two channels at all so that you can pan left /right if you want to here the differences between them. I have edited out all the mistakes I made and EQ'd the final result a bit to make the quieter portions louder.
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:32 am

Thanks for posting :joy: that was great, you should post clips of more of your setups :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm really glad you like it :) OK we'll post some more in future... maybe later this weekend.
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:25 pm

moid! That was all really excellent. But 2:41!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :joy: :joy: :joy: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Settings for that bit?

I'm guessing that is featuring the step flange?
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Seppuku FX Dynamic Ecco Mod & LAL Sooper Fuzz

Postby moid » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks very much, you're very kind :) I didn't change the settings at all; they stayed the same throughout (step flange was on all the time). The sound was a happy accident (I was attempting and failing to play a barre chord with short fat fingers that don't stretch) - I was barring the whole of the seventh fret, then the four highest strings of the ninth fret, but due to my inability to play guitar I was slightly muting the strings instead of getting them all held down correctly and then tried running the plectrum across the strings but pausing briefly on each string - with the pedals off it sounds awful, but luckily lots of pedals makes me sound much more impressive than I actually am.

I'll edit bits of the above into an actual track at some point this Summer; and I'll make a thread of my own to stop derailing Uncle Grandfather's thread (sorry!)
moid

experienced
experienced

Re: UG demos Seppuku FX Dynamic Ecco Mod & LAL Sooper Fuzz

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:37 pm

moid wrote:I'll make a thread of my own

looking forward to your clips :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Pefftronics Super Rand-O-Matic

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 am

Hey now...here is the Pefftronics Super Rand-O-Matic with Angel Ring, IC Water, Biscuit, and T-Resonator II.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:23 am

Hey there, here is the Pefftronics Super Rand-O-Matic with LAL Angel RIng, PAiA Phlanger, and OTO Biscuit.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:03 am

Power retro for today's now people :lol: So many pedals I wanted in the early oughts...great demos as usual. :omg:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KaosCill8r » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:21 am

Interesting pedal that one. I did hear whisperings that the Pefftronics dude was going to get back into business and re-issue the Rand-O-Matic. I hope so but it could be just wishful thinking on someone's part. :idk:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby digi2t » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 am

We're still working on the Rand-o clone here at HTC central. Board design is done, and I have a populated board on the bench, but we haven't got it working right just yet. UKT has an original unit too now, so hopefully between the two units, we'll be able to figure out where the pixie dust is hiding.

It's been a long slog on this sucker, but family and business obligations don't exactly make for great cloning bed fellows. Hopefully, we'll get to the bottom of this soon.
"Turn down the amp, strum harder." - PRR

http://www.deadendfx.com/
digi2t

experienced
experienced

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Extremely tangential post warning

Some of the most unique pedals I have ever used came out in the early/mid 2000s when options were limited and people with crazy ideas surfaced every other year or so. This was well before the boutique cottage industry boom so something new was usually something cool rather than an obfuscated big muff or TS808. I remember playing an SB101 in a used gear shop and being blown away by how weird it sounded. I bought a PS3 instead that day because of Mode 7 but when I went back to get the SB101 the next week it was gone. I think the price tag was $99. The same shop got another one in a few months later but it was broken. Every SB101 I saw after that was broken in some way so I would open them up to see if it was anything obvious. Every time, which was really only another 2-3 SB101s, I saw a completely different board which was crazy. I've not seen two SB101s that are the same design.

Anyway, the SB101 was one of half a dozen truly unique and weird pedals out around then. The Robotalk was the only sample and hold option at the time. And the LAL Riplet was a weird envelope tremolo. There were very few ring modulators. We all put up with the insane quirks of these pedals because there was nothing else. The Robotalk needed two isolated 9V supplies to work. Literally two wall warts because whoever designed it refused to design a worthwhile bipolar power supply. Or they figured people would rather use two 9V wallwarts than one AC power supply. The SB101s were always breaking. An EHX Frequency Analyzer was an awesome ring mod but it was huge and took a 40V power supply! Then the boutique boom happened and the need to use these quirky pedals went right down the drain. You can get simple effective pedals now that cover almost every unique sound of those older boxes. A Digitech Turbo Flange has an arguably better and more useful random mode than the SB101. There are dozens of pedals better than the Robotalk. More ring modulators than I could ever see the market needing flood the webshops.

Its crazy. But sometimes I still long for those early 2000s pedals, even with all the stupid bullshit we put up with to use them.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Dat post^^

I bought and returned two busted used ones before I got one that worked. :excellent:

Back then it seemed perfectly normal; the wages of sin, or panning for gold :lol:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear