UG demos RM-1N with Shruti Box

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UG demos Koma bd101 analog delay/Goatkeeper LFO on CV in

Postby Ruiner » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Man that combination sounds really cool. Could definitely have fun with that. I've been curious about Koma but hadn't actually heard it before. Nice! :thumb:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Rectal reflections?

Careful, UG, you're almost giving away your secret identity. :snax:

Pedals sound fluttery. :thumb:

Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Ruiner wrote:Man that combination sounds really cool. Could definitely have fun with that. I've been curious about Koma but hadn't actually heard it before. Nice! :thumb:

yeah be sure to check them out, one of my favorite analog delays and the filter/step sequencer is pretty unique too. if you've got moogerfoogers or other gear that can take CV their Kommander infrared expression pedals are SO good. :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
Ruiner wrote:Man that combination sounds really cool. Could definitely have fun with that. I've been curious about Koma but hadn't actually heard it before. Nice! :thumb:

yeah be sure to check them out, one of my favorite analog delays and the filter/step sequencer is pretty unique too. if you've got moogerfoogers or other gear that can take CV their Kommander infrared expression pedals are SO good. :thumb:

Damn, that is pretty cool and so are their other offerings. I currently have the 104-m, cluster flux and midi murf.... this could be a fun combo.

Damn you UG.... :lol:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:37 pm

:lol: yeah if you really like the AARP I'm certain you'll absolutely LOVE the FT201, some really cool features on that one. You might wanna look at the moog cp-251 to get more out of your foogers/synth's etc. too. And if you've got some more money you're just fed up with having...just let me know :lol:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos ACMEverb tube spring reverb unit

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Hey there, here is a listen to the ACMEverb 1484-RSH tube spring reverb into an ampeg gvt15h. Pretty versatile unit that does subtle to extreme, drippy to dirty :love:
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:12 pm

yessssssss, sounds crushing. I just threw up a quick demo as well. I'm in love with the overdriven sounds when the swell is turned up. At low levels this is an easy always on effect too. Awesome demo!
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Ruiner wrote:yessssssss, sounds crushing. I just threw up a quick demo as well. I'm in love with the overdriven sounds when the swell is turned up. At low levels this is an easy always on effect too. Awesome demo!

yeah man, I'm SO GLAD you turned me onto this. :hug: those dirty verb tones are soooooo good man :!!!: and damn it can get drippy as a mofo. just so versatile. mine came stock with some sino tubes so I'm gonna get to rolling those to see how that changes the sound. btw that noise towards the end is from a noisy tube in the mic preamp...i was using that to add additional noise to something i was working on and forgot to change inputs haha. luckly it wasn't too bad. gonna go check out your vid :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Lastgasp Art Laboratories Thunderbox Donsharize

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:08 am

hey hey. Here is a listen to the Lastgasp Art Laboratories Thunderbox Donsharizer.
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:44 am

I think this is the most subtle LAL I've seen, but I still want it. Sounds cool, thanks!
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:35 pm

yeah i wonder about that sakura booster though. i got a feeling that is probably the tamest of the lot, but never had a chance to play one yet. :cry:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:41 pm

The few reviews of it I've seen are great though. Super simple circuit, just all in that 2T76 transistor.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:46 pm

I dunno, some of those one knob boosters get pretty wild too... But you are probably right, UG.

The thunder boxx is pretty tame in features, but I think part of the sound is hard to pick up with microphones and YouTube. It really adds some clarity and scooped sounds on some fuzzes at its extreme. It also can give a hifi like eq sound (which is what it is based on). But, over all, it is the least robust of the lal's and pretty specific. I like to run it with the 46 or BeeBaa or something. The voicing is actually somewhat reminiscent of the faustone fuzz unit (probably not all all, but they kind of invoke a similar character to my ear) without fuzz.

Good demo UG...

almost need a bass mic and a hi mic (unidyne iii + re20?). And youtube takes the life out of everything...sometimes worse than others...no that that happened, just worth mentioning haha.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:05 pm

yeah the 633a I used is very colored with rolled off lows and highs...think its only like 40-10k. really though, when you get up above like 3 o'clock on the donshari knob its starts to get pretty extreme output compared to typical boost's, and really brings the thunder haha. in the demo, when dimed you can hear the spkr struggling when its stacked with the fuzz, and thats with the level brought down below unity gain to keep from clipping. it does have that nice hi-fi quality too that really comes out when stacked with fuzz, just a really all around great sounding pedal that only makes everything else sound better :thumb:

i'm pretty certain i've never heard a demo of the sakura. wouldn't be surprised at all if it got extra hairy near full dimed/dimed. really wish i would have grabbed that one in the b/s/t :picard:

Edit:
I listened to it on my iPad and there was literally NONE of that thunderous bass coming through :idk: on my Monitors and/or PC spkrs you can hear them lows when the donshari knob get up above 3 o'clock, but not on the iPad.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:10 pm

YouTube does cut lows quite a bit too, but yea there is some attenuation on mobile devices (really evident on my phone).

So you are wanting to build the OM Palme? That is nuts man...
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear