UG demos RM-1N with Shruti Box

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: UG demos Gurus Echosex 2

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:18 am

UglyCasanova wrote: What do you think of it?

The Lofi nature of my demo doesn't do this pedal justice. Compared to my Small Echo Array I'd say it was worth the extra 200$...and I Really like the SEA and think it does a convincing job of emulating my Binson. Besides the fact it's built like a brick, it has a very fine degree of tweaking the "halo reverb" effect using the feedback and treble/bass knobs. I thought that it would miss the mark considering you cannot adjust for multihead configurations, but compared to my Binson it comes a lot closer to capturing the overall tone than the SEA. It is expensive and it sounds like it, the degrade knob does a pretty good job of sounding somewhat random while it doesn't get too far out there...which is probably closer to how a real machine out of whack would actually sound. I don't see it as replacing my SEA because that pedal does some pretty amazing things with the pickup head configuring, but the Echosex is certainly one VERY fine sounding delay. I don't know what affect the tube has, the pedal runs off of 9v like any other pedal and I don't know if the tube can have much effect...but that's all over my head. I do know the Echosex sounds damn nice, and can get a gritty almost distorted sound when it gets going. It would be pretty damn impressive if it had a multihead feature and I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually come out with one, I did read they had built a prototype with selectors but that it would have been too expensive. Also from looking at the build, it doesn't look like it is going to be easy to roll tubes in it. I can see this being among my favorite delay pedals right up there with my Moogerfooger. I still need to try it out with fuzz though :joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:57 am

Thanks for the demo and review. I still gotta get that Morphine Dream demo up for you.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 am

Yes. Thank you for that insightful review! I'll look more into it now for sure. Must have been a mixture of lofi recording and me being grumpy in the morning that caused my somewhat luke-warm comments, haha! :hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:40 am

Ugly Nora wrote:Thanks for the demo and review. I still gotta get that Morphine Dream demo up for you.

That would be sweet, there is one on eBay I'm watching that ends in three days I am thinking bout going for but I'm not sure what all it sounds like.

UglyCasanova wrote:Yes. Thank you for that insightful review! I'll look more into it now for sure. Must have been a mixture of lofi recording and me being grumpy in the morning that caused my somewhat luke-warm comments, haha! :hug:

I tried to focus on that halo and on the verge of oscillating, it's really impressive how it handles how notes decay which is very tape like. I have a belle epoch that I decided to keep even though it doesn't really sound like my echoplex....I have an ep-2 not ep-3 the belle is based off but they are both tape based, the big drawback is that it doesn't decay naturally like real tape does. In my experience the Echosex gets that pretty damn close to sounding authentic. I wouldn't be surprised if the echorec sounded close to the Echosex cause they are both trying to emulate the same machine, I read someone say at the SEA and Echorec sounded very close to one another and that would lead me to believe that the Echosex sounds different from the Echorec...200$ worth of difference :idk:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 am

just know that the eBay one is the regular version and mine is the ultra version which has some very useful additions which should have been there to begin with frankly. Read about the Ultra here

http://www.loudbutton.com/ultra-series
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:45 am

Ugly Nora wrote:just know that the eBay one is the regular version and mine is the ultra version which has some very useful additions which should have been there to begin with frankly. Read about the Ultra here

http://www.loudbutton.com/ultra-series

Nice heads up! If the price is right though i still might go for it....although really with this seller i've either gotten real lucky and a great price or watched as they went for ridiculous amounts of money. i imagine the max/min settings are the same between the standard and ultra, as that's the sort of thing i'd like to hear in your demo :thumb:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Co-Pilot FX Trek

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:26 am

Hey hey, here is a listen to the Co-Pilot FX Trek fuzz. It's got a nasty gate and momentary oscillation stomp, wide range of tweakability too with a clean blend. Pretty fun pedal
:joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Co-Pilot FX Trek, Gyroscope

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Hey there, here is a listen to the Co-Pilot FX Gyroscope, this pedal is crazy cool. I'm running a Wren & Cuff Fm-2 clone in front for some fuzz. The momentary stomp is for tap tempo :)*
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Loving the Gyroscope! What does the toggle switch do?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby autopilot » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:09 am

the toggle selects if the speed knob or (expression pedal) controls the lfo like a normal rate knob (not tap tempo) or the tap ratios multiplier (tap tempo mode)
autopilot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 am

Thanks! :hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos More w/Co-Pilot FX Trek, Gyroscope

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 am

Hey, here's the Co-Pilot FX Trek with the LFO out from a Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper plugged into the expression jack with a trs cable.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UG demos Co-Pilot FX Trek & Gyroscope w/Goatkeeper LFO

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:46 am

Hey, here is the Co-Pilot Gyroscope hooked up to the Goatkeeper's LFO, pretty cool how the two waveforms from each unit interact with one another.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:31 am

Really enjoying the gyroscope demos. The copilot stuff looks pretty neat.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 am

lordgalvar wrote:Really enjoying the gyroscope demos. The copilot stuff looks pretty neat.

Glad you dig them :) The cv input really expands its versatility. Looks like all of copilots pedals are well thought out designs.
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear