DL-4 questions

Moderator: Ghost Hip

DL-4 questions

Postby Cortex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:19 am

Yeah, I bet a lot of you have one of these, I've been thinking about one forever but tried to convince myself I don't need it.
Lately I've been trying another thing, and that's to convince myself to buy a Vox Delaylab instead, cause a lot of people think it's the DL-4 killer, but somehow I am not convinced. I know this is already on the verge of becoming TGP'd and another dl-4 vs Delaylab topic but what I wanted to ask is this [in case I end up going for one of these]

Which expression pedal are you guys using with these two pedals? The EX-1 is expensive for what it is, and don't even get me started about the Korg one...
In the PGS video of DelayLab Andy seems to be using a cheap M-Audio expression pedal at the end of Karma Police example, anyone tried using this exp with their delaylab or dl-4?

When we're at it - I heard that not much people experience true preset morphing when using the exp pedal with their DL-4. This concern me. I mean, I want to be able to put let's say a 100ms delay time heel down and 1S toe down and then go gradually in between via the exp pedal and get the crazy sounds every time I touch the pedal. What do you say guys, does your exp pedal truly blends between the two or it acts like a stompswitch with no gradual transition between presets?

And last, for those of you that do not use th expensive EX1, do you achieve everything you would like just as if you had the original line 6 exp pedal or substitutes do leave a thing or two to be desired?

Thank you.
Cortex

involved
involved

Re: DL-4 questions

Postby echodeluxe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 am

I can't really speak to the expression pedal bit, but I went with the dl4 a third time because it's a classic. The looper is the easiest looper ever, and it just sounds good.

Future mods: replace all switches, add switch to go between delay presets and looper.
echodeluxe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:33 am

I never got to try an expression pedal when I had my DL4, but do you not have space for an m9?
On mah m13 the expression pedal blends well (the line6 one at least) and you can use effects and the looper at the same time. The only thing I don't like about the line6 expression pedal is that it's really light and the treadle is sort of stiff, so you have to weigh down on it if it's not velcro'd.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby trace » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 am

I use the 25k ohm version of the Ernie ball vp jr as expression pedals for my m9, and they work flawlessly. Very smooth, I use it just like you describe for super short to super long delay times and its glorious! Can't speak for the dl4 but from what I've read the vp jrs should work fine with it as well.
trace

experienced
experienced

Postby Cortex » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 am

fantastic!
thank you for your response!
I have an old Korg dual volume pedal that has a 25K pot so I guess i could try using that one. Great!
Cortex

involved
involved

Postby Seedy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:57 pm

I love the M9. The Mission Engineering pedals are the best for Line 6 stuff http://missionengineering.com/?product=ep1-l6
Seedy

Supporter
Supporter

Return to General Gear