DMB Lunar questions

Moderator: Ghost Hip

DMB Lunar questions

Postby mysteriousj » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Alright so just got a DMB Lunar in yesterday and turns out it arrived broken. :no: (Brought it new from prymaxe too. :cool: ) It works apart from the modulation doesn't go almost all of the time and if it does it's really really slow. Like 1 cycle in 20sec at speed = max.

I'm also wondering if the rest of it is screwed up as well. When i set tails to near max the best I can get is about 5 repeats after that they either disappear or go into self oscillation. You can't kind of get that near self oscillation stuff where repeats nearly go on forever but it doesn't self oscillate. Sometimes it doesn't self oscillate with tails at max as well, it seems to depend on the delay time or mode or something?

Anyway so is that all normal? It does sound really nice except the way the repeats fade off kind of annoys me. But I'm not sure whether even the echo section is working on mine so not sure whether I should make up an opinion based off it? Just deciding whether to take refund or give it another go. If there's any lunar uses out there who could help me?
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Re: DMB Lunar questions

Postby JuJo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:35 am

It sounds about right to me, aside from the modulation. The modulation should be going constantly at full speed. On slower settings there will be some space between when the modulation cycles up and down. 1 cycle in 20 seconds is definitely too slow.

On most settings you get somewhere around 4-6 fairly clear repeats, the it will either oscillate or get slightly percussive and fade out. Not uncommon behaviour for an analog delay, but I have found other analog delays that do a better job of those extended repeats. Also, there may be some settings where it won't self ocsillate on max repeats, I would have to confirm and I'm out of town. I do know that it will oscillate more readily in lofi mode than hifi, and shorter delay times will oscillate more readily than longer delay times.

I also find it sounds very nice, but I'm sometimes bothered by the way repeats fade out/oscillate
JuJo

HERO
HERO

Re: DMB Lunar questions

Postby mysteriousj » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:02 am

Thanks for the reply. Yeah if I keep it I'll just have to live with it, I don't usually use that many repeats so it's not a real biggie but just noticed it was a bit different from my other delays.

It is a really well voiced delay, which will make it a tough call as to whether I keep it or not. Cheers!
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Return to General Gear