I want a Science Amplifier

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: I want a Science Amplifier

Postby mathias » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 am

Someone is selling a 50w Hellhawk over on Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/6480979-clean-s ... lack-black
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:34 pm

I'm actually having a lot of fun, I'll save a review when I can record good takes of the mother. It is crisp and the dirt is just right, I think I'm gonna drop dirt off my board entirely actually, it's that good. I need more hours to reserve my thoughts, it's definitely awesome overall.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby mathias » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Hooray! Congrats!

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blastoffblair » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Alright.....my time is soon, the excitement is setting in....

100w Street Sweeper, she will be mine.....
The world isn't dying, it's being killed.
And those killing it have names and addresses.
blastoffblair

interested
interested

Postby lanadelnay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:14 am

I’ve been wanting one of these for years now. Gonna pull the trigger soon but I seriously can’t decide between a 100w street sweeper or to just sell my orange Ad200b and get a 200w mother and be able to pull double duty since I play bass in one band and guitar in another haha.

Decisions decisions.
lanadelnay

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby mathias » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:41 am

Street Sweeper if you really like/need the spring reverb. Mother if you want the ability to crunch and play bass? That'd be my decider.

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:48 am

double duty for sure. when i had a mother i used that fucker for high power guitar uses and bass. mostly bass though. if i really needed to keep a gigantic 200 watt tube bass amp i would have. oh also i would definitely go for the mother 200w over the ad200b, that amp doesn't even push 200 watts on a good day. the mother can push well over 200 watts when cranked.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lanadelnay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:01 am

I keep going back to the mother. Every time. The reverb on the street sweeper sounds so good though. But I do like a very fat and dark clean sound which im thinking the 200w mother will be excellent for. It’ll also be able to handle my baritone well once I start incorporating it into our stuff on this next record.

I wanted to start using the orange for guitar just to check it out but unfortunately my Atlas 6x12 is wired with two 16 ohm jacks so it wouldn’t be possible with the way the speaker jacks on the orange are.
The funny thing is the Ad200b has seriously wow’d me so far. I sold my v4b for it back in March and while I do miss the v4 for both guitar and bass, the Ad200b has been amazing. Even with volume keeping up with two very loud guitar amps. So I can’t even imagine what I might be getting into with the mother. But I’m so excited.
lanadelnay

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby waltdogg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:54 am

the mother is hiwatt goodness plus a little bit of science magic. it does everything from those incredible cleans hiwatts are known for to being a dark fuzzed out doom machine.

that would be cool to hear the orange and the atlas, 12" speakers are amazing for bass.

i actually think the ad200b is probably the best sounding orange amp of all the modern models, i just know for a fact they don't quite push 200 watts, even after breakup. but that's close enough. i can't live without a v-4, 100 watts at clean and then 120-150 watts after breakup. too bad they can be so finicky. never had a single damn problem with my hellhawk and it's about three years old, coming up on four years, several sets of tubes, and a few mods later.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lanadelnay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:02 am

waltdogg wrote:the mother is hiwatt goodness plus a little bit of science magic. it does everything from those incredible cleans hiwatts are known for to being a dark fuzzed out doom machine.

that would be cool to hear the orange and the atlas, 12" speakers are amazing for bass.

i actually think the ad200b is probably the best sounding orange amp of all the modern models, i just know for a fact they don't quite push 200 watts, even after breakup. i can't live without a v-4. i always gotta have one for guitar and it obviously doubles for bass duty from time to time.

This. This is exactly why I’ve been after one for so long. I love that I can slam the front end of it with my BAT revalation cranked and probably be set.

Well the Atlas 6x12 is actually my guitar cab. It’s loaded with swamp thangs and Texas heats. I did actually have an Atlas 4x12 for bass until a few months ago and it was amazing. 12’s are my favorite for bass. Now I just run the Ad200b through two orange 15’s but I do miss the s2012’s in the Atlas.

I’m the same way with v4’s. I had to purge a bunch of stuff and i regret selling mine but I’ll have another soon. Amazing amps for both guitar and bass.
The other guitarist in the band I play guitar in plays a v4b that he got from the guitar player in the band I play bass for cause I turned them both on to v4’s hahaha. Best amps
lanadelnay

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby waltdogg » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:09 am

yeah you can totally just run pedals clean or use the sick overdrive circuit. or run pedals into the overdrive circuit. the mother takes it like a champ.

ohh, gotcha. ever try the ad200b with an 8x10?

the combo of my hellhawk and v-4 is probably the best amp tone i've ever had. even running them stereo through your standard marshall cab sounds killer. i prefer v30s but my only stereo cab is a standard marshall 4x12. the hellhawk on it's own sounds great through the marshall or my oversized 2x12 with v30s. basically it's a marshall killing machine as the mother is a hiwatt killing machine.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lanadelnay » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:47 am

waltdogg wrote:yeah you can totally just run pedals clean or use the sick overdrive circuit. or run pedals into the overdrive circuit. the mother takes it like a champ.

ohh, gotcha. ever try the ad200b with an 8x10?

the combo of my hellhawk and v-4 is probably the best amp tone i've ever had. even running them stereo through your standard marshall cab sounds killer. i prefer v30s but my only stereo cab is a standard marshall 4x12. the hellhawk on it's own sounds great through the marshall or my oversized 2x12 with v30s. basically it's a marshall killing machine as the mother is a hiwatt killing machine.

Yeah it’s settled. 200w mother for me.

Dude yes. Sounds rad as hell through an 8x10.

Goddamn now I’m gonna be wondering about a hellhawk.
The guitar player I mentioned does the same thing with a v4 and bassman into a Marshall 4x12. Sounds so huge!
lanadelnay

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby blastoffblair » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm

4 months has come and gone. My sweet, sweet Street Sweep will be on the way soon. :yay: I've done a good job of trying to put it on the back burner of my mind, but I can no longer do that. So I came here to tell my unknown internet friends, cause my other friends are tired of hearing me talk about it. No response necessary, this post was for my own sanity. :p
The world isn't dying, it's being killed.
And those killing it have names and addresses.
blastoffblair

interested
interested

Postby lanadelnay » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:49 pm

blastoffblair wrote:4 months has come and gone. My sweet, sweet Street Sweep will be on the way soon. :yay: I've done a good job of trying to put it on the back burner of my mind, but I can no longer do that. So I came here to tell my unknown internet friends, cause my other friends are tired of hearing me talk about it. No response necessary, this post was for my own sanity. :p

Dude hell yeahhh! So stoked for you!
lanadelnay

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby mathias » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:36 am

It's gonna be good!

My Street Sweeper came into my life as I was hitting the upward slope of learning a ton of new stuff on guitar and finding new creativity. I've really gelled with it. It is too hard to explain to people. I also want to throw in, its clean-ness is an interesting constraint -- playing clean over fuzzy parts and layering stuff off a looper. Running it all through a really long reverb works great. I really hope you enjoy yours :)

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear