I want a Science Amplifier

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: I want a Science Amplifier

Postby waltdogg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:51 pm

I think you read to much into my initial comment. I was making fun of the fact a blues lawyer could *possibly* buy it.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 pm

waltdogg wrote:I think you read to much into my initial comment. I was making fun of the fact a blues lawyer could *possibly* buy it.

Maybe we should want blues lawyers to buy these...?

INT. CONDO

BLUES LAWYER walks in the door carrying a large assortment of guitar gear, including a very large wooden amplifier head, a 200W Mother. BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE is reading an issue of Martha Stewart Living while FRANCESCA, their live-in maid, makes spaghetti sauce at the stove.

BLUES LAWYER

Honey, I'm home!

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

Did you have fun at the guitar store?

BLUES LAWYER

Sure did!

BLUE LAWYER'S WIFE

(feigning excitement as one might with a child) What did you pick up? Another OD? (excitedly) How transparent is this one?!

FRANCESCA rolls her eyes.

BLUES LAWYER

No, no, honey, the strangest thing happened today! There was a new salesman. He had on... one of those leather jackets with no sleeves...

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE followed a bunch of Hell's Angels in the late 1970s, wherein, uh... let's just say the Harleys weren't the only bikes around.

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

A cut, dear.

BLUES LAWYER

Yeah, a cut! It said "Electric Wizard" on it...? Anyway, he said, this thing is better than the drip-edge Vibrolux I was looking at. He said that it "dooms"...? I wonder what that means? (pause) Look! It says "S C I E N C E"! It must use the power of science to make über-transparent tones!

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

Turn it on!

BLUES LAWYER

Sure thing!

BLUES LAWYER grabs a mint '61 Les Paul off the wall and plugs it into the amp with a cryogenically-treated Mogami cable and turns the power switch on. He hesitates momentarily before decidedly strumming a single Em chord. Instantly, FRANCESCA and her stove are blown across the condo, everyone's vision obscured in a haze of blinding hot spaghetti sauce. The issue of Martha Stewart Living is disintegrated in BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE's hands. Everyone's ears begin to bleed and although they cannot be heard over the oscillating thrum, it is apparent that BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE and FRANCESCA are screaming. Shelves of legal tomes and bamboo plants collapse. The condo is destroyed and, as the sound begins to fade away, we are left in the middle of a heap of shattered drywall, designer clothing, and artisanal cheese serving implements.

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

This is the last straw! (wiping spaghetti sauce out of her eyes) I have entertained your guitar obsession for too long. I was with you when you bought the '53 Goldtop... I was with you when you bought the Dumble... but this is ridiculous. Come on Francesca, help me pack. We're getting a divorce.

BLUES LAWYER

(standing, breathing in a heavy, but measured, fashion, looking at the Mother) It's okay, honey. I've got a new wife now.

...it could happen
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:16 pm

That was one hell of a story!

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:19 pm

So I'm thinking of getting a cab for my Sovtek Mig 50 and this is the contender because it looks super cool. Usually I go with super cheap whatever cabs, but maybe I'll treat myself this summer as I joined an actual band as of recent and I want it to go somewhere this time around. Does anyone have anything to say about there 2x12? I like the look and I love vertical cabs but what are your experience in obtaining and using it live?
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Ccandy, THAT is how you dramatise blooze lyfe.
Well done. :lol:

Sergio, I used to run my MIG50 into an orange 212. It was great. Do science do an oversize 212 because if they do get that.
:snax:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:07 pm

When I would use my MIG-50 I ran it through an oversize 2x12. Ooof. If my Hellhawk just didn't do everything the MIG-50 did and better I'd have not sold it earlier today (being broke/wanting an Atlas weighed in on that though...). I looked at the 2x12 page on Alex's site. It's definitely on the oversize side of cabs. It's 14" deep like a regular 4x12 as opposed to 12" deep like most 2x12s, it's also almost as tall as a 4x12 and almost 2' wide (21").

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Fuck yes.
Do that.

Also, thanks for further enraging my boner for a Hellhawk.
RAGING.
DRIPPING.
CLOTTING.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Yeah, I haven't been in the tube amp game in a while and I was never into custom amps or such. I used to own an OR120 and a sovtek mig100u. I really like the Sovtek tone so coming out of this thing which looks like can push some serious tone with the dimensions and vertical speaker placement. Especially since you used a similar setup the gas is ramping up more than I expected.

Gonna get fucking grizzly with this setup. How long does it take usually?
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby waltdogg » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:19 pm

You are welcome. :lol: It is seriously that good of an amp. I just jammed on mine and my V-4 just now, such a good pair.

Oh man, speaking of Orange and Sovtek; I always wanted to try a MIG100 in stereo with the Rockerverb that I had.

On the Science website it says the current turn around is 6-8 weeks. Alex just got started on my Mother, I ordered it the 29th of April... But cab turn around might be faster because someone else builds the cabinets, but then again maybe not because he builds the head cabs as well. Either way the amps are definitely worth the wait and Alex is pretty much on top of things as far as customer support goes so I can't complain.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:47 pm

I really don't mind at all the wait I can borrow a cab like I'm doing right now until it's ready. Plus is it you pay all at once or is it like half and half? That would help mitigate the saving of the cab. Who knows maybe I'll love it so much that I'll get him to build me an amp. Although I really like the cuteness of my mig 50 midget. I also got the all wood version that I'm gonna stain a matching color to the cab.

Excited, now I just need to wait till he responds to the email sometime later this week.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby waltdogg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:49 am

Mmm. Stained wood panels. I chickened out on my heads with the custom cosmetics. Half up front. Half on completion.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 am

I'm heavily considering selling my V4 and picking up a Street Sweeper.... Do they go down to 2 ohms?
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:26 am

I'm actually planning on getting a Street Sweeper to pair with my v4 next tax refund :rock: I know it's a minute away, but time flies! :D

do you need it at 2 ohms so you can power 2 4 ohm cabs?
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:06 am

resincum wrote:I'm actually planning on getting a Street Sweeper to pair with my v4 next tax refund :rock: I know it's a minute away, but time flies! :D

do you need it at 2 ohms so you can power 2 4 ohm cabs?

Yeah, I run a 412 and an 810. I could always use a series parallel box I guess? I'm moving at the end of the month and shit is payed for, but I really want to downsize at least my heads/pedals before hand.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:33 am

casecandy wrote:
waltdogg wrote:I think you read to much into my initial comment. I was making fun of the fact a blues lawyer could *possibly* buy it.

Maybe we should want blues lawyers to buy these...?

INT. CONDO

BLUES LAWYER walks in the door carrying a large assortment of guitar gear, including a very large wooden amplifier head, a 200W Mother. BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE is reading an issue of Martha Stewart Living while FRANCESCA, their live-in maid, makes spaghetti sauce at the stove.

BLUES LAWYER

Honey, I'm home!

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

Did you have fun at the guitar store?

BLUES LAWYER

Sure did!

BLUE LAWYER'S WIFE

(feigning excitement as one might with a child) What did you pick up? Another OD? (excitedly) How transparent is this one?!

FRANCESCA rolls her eyes.

BLUES LAWYER

No, no, honey, the strangest thing happened today! There was a new salesman. He had on... one of those leather jackets with no sleeves...

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE followed a bunch of Hell's Angels in the late 1970s, wherein, uh... let's just say the Harleys weren't the only bikes around.

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

A cut, dear.

BLUES LAWYER

Yeah, a cut! It said "Electric Wizard" on it...? Anyway, he said, this thing is better than the drip-edge Vibrolux I was looking at. He said that it "dooms"...? I wonder what that means? (pause) Look! It says "S C I E N C E"! It must use the power of science to make über-transparent tones!

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

Turn it on!

BLUES LAWYER

Sure thing!

BLUES LAWYER grabs a mint '61 Les Paul off the wall and plugs it into the amp with a cryogenically-treated Mogami cable and turns the power switch on. He hesitates momentarily before decidedly strumming a single Em chord. Instantly, FRANCESCA and her stove are blown across the condo, everyone's vision obscured in a haze of blinding hot spaghetti sauce. The issue of Martha Stewart Living is disintegrated in BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE's hands. Everyone's ears begin to bleed and although they cannot be heard over the oscillating thrum, it is apparent that BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE and FRANCESCA are screaming. Shelves of legal tomes and bamboo plants collapse. The condo is destroyed and, as the sound begins to fade away, we are left in the middle of a heap of shattered drywall, designer clothing, and artisanal cheese serving implements.

BLUES LAWYER'S WIFE

This is the last straw! (wiping spaghetti sauce out of her eyes) I have entertained your guitar obsession for too long. I was with you when you bought the '53 Goldtop... I was with you when you bought the Dumble... but this is ridiculous. Come on Francesca, help me pack. We're getting a divorce.

BLUES LAWYER

(standing, breathing in a heavy, but measured, fashion, looking at the Mother) It's okay, honey. I've got a new wife now.

...it could happen

*rises to feet clapping slowly. a single tear rolls down left cheek*
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear