TK999HT

Moderator: Ghost Hip

TK999HT

Postby devideva » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 am

I have wanted to try this out for a long time. I saw one at Used Guitar Center and it was 79 bucks. I asked them if it had the adapter, which is AC-AC 12v-400ma. They said no and reduced the price to 49 bucksa. Pretty cheap really. So that's in the mail. I was curious if anyone else liked this thing and if they knew where one could get such an adapter. I contacted Ibanez but their customer support sucks Konkey Dong.
...or something...
devideva

committed
committed

Re: TK999HT

Postby rustywire » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 am

I have one with a black plate RCA 12ax7 in it. It's an underrated pedal for distortion, drive and boost, and very usable with its mids knob....and a built-in gate.

Make sure the adaptor you get is center (+). Also the Cioks AC10 (Yes, I'm selling one!) can power it from output #6.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby devideva » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 am

Yeah, I know they are AC-AC adaptors. I ordered one from Hoshino - 20 bucks. So with tax and all 80 bucks - pretty good deal. I see they have gone up in price everywhere over the last year.

May I ask - is it hard to change the tube in the bitch? Thanx
...or something...
devideva

committed
committed

Postby rustywire » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:40 am

It's a pain the first time you do it, definite learning curve. Much easier after you get a feel for it.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby devideva » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 pm

rustywire wrote:It's a pain the first time you do it, definite learning curve. Much easier after you get a feel for it.

Nothing with this pedal is easy. Now Hoshino says they don't have the adaptor. (They didn't tell me if they refunded my CC.) They say - "Try Musician's Friend."

I bought this pedal once before used and it didn't have adapter and I had to send back. So I guess you can say I have a definite curiousity about this pedal. I will probably put JJ 803 in it. though I have a Ruby HG and Tung Sols and Sylvanias.
...or something...
devideva

committed
committed

Return to General Gear