Sunday GAS Party (secret santees.....be stalked here)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Sunday GAS party(what do you want for X-mas?)

Postby neonblack » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:39 am

I grant you dibs.

I want a Ditto X2. I keep telling myself that a Bass vi and a ditto will unleash my final form.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:27 am

Dude, your gear goals are like a fractal that keeps showing new things the closer you look. Your final form will never be final. Just smaller and smaller fractals
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:27 am

Dude, your gear goals are like a fractal that keeps showing new things the closer you look. Your final form will never be final. Just smaller and smaller fractals :lol: :hug:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:23 am

^ Exactly. Every step brings you half the way, but never more than half. Then you'll never reach the goal.

For every pedal I get, I see new potential in my board. Like, I just got the Suneater, and suddenly it seems to get me my ultimate drivetone, which I thought the Fuck did. So now I might flip the fuck and get another fuzz, which in turn will probably create new potential that will give me the need for another pedal etc. etc. ad infinitum. Moral: The next one is always the best one.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:35 am

Your FUCK is a vertical isn't it?
Hmmm...
Hit me up if you want to flip it, even though I already have a fuck...

Damn. I love gear.

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:45 am

Vertical as fuck. Have A/B-tested it with my Suneater the last couple of days, and though there are some differences, they are slight with the settings I use. The Suneater has more gain of course, but it's super responsive to guitar volume, and gets some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet fuzzdrive with minimal loss in volume. It's like Tom used telepathy to find out exactly what sound I use :erm:

Anyway, will A/B them more today, and might send you a message afterwards if you're really keen. Maybe you have something cool to trade?

Back to the party; I got a fever, and it seems that a Clari(not) or Deluxe Pitch Pirate might be the cure. Not sure about the DPP though, I think I might get some of those sounds out of the No Memory.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Tristan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:52 am

Agreed on the fractal thing, that's why I usually try to keep the stuff that I really like or that was part of my basic sound for a longer while.
As for the MidFi stuff, I wouldn't really recommend the Deluxe Pitch Pirate, it sounded kinda thin to my ears so I flipped it pretty fast, the Clarinot I played with one time seemed cool though but I think the No Memory can do some of that stuff too and it sounds even better.

By the way Eivind or goroth, I'd love to hear a demo of / some more thoughts on that Suneater Oscillator of yours!
And what's up with that Anarchy Audio Bosstone inspired fuzz of yours goroth, will you do a demo of that too sometime?
Last edited by Tristan on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:59 am

I'd just add that i think the clari(not) and the deluxe pitch pirate are necessary. Carry on :)
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:06 am

Yeah but you don't have a No Memory... :p
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:07 am

Tristan wrote:Yeah but you don't have a No Memory... :p

I know :cry:

Edit: is it going to be a production pedal or was is just the 50?
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 am

Maybe, but not anytime soon I guess.
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:13 am

Tristan wrote:Maybe, but not anytime soon I guess.

Yeah he's got to be the rock star for awhile I suppose :thumb:
:(
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:27 am

27-inch: 3.4GHz
3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
8GB (two 4GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M with 2GB video memory

If I have my way I'm buying it this week. I need to talk to my financial advisor, aka, my better half. We're doing lots of home projects right now so she might strongly recommend I hold off. I just get an amazing deal on Apple products thanks to work and my next pay check has nearly twenty hours of overtime on it.

I really want to pickup a new cab or two, just trying to scope some good deals on used stuff here and there/ I have an old Ampeg v4 cab that has some torn tolex. I looked a few months back and the birch ply is starting to separate. It's actually my friend's cab anyway so it's not like I actually care but I have been using it. Not sure if I want to just pinch my pennies and order up more matching Avatar cabs, another 4x10 and another 2x12 to just have that sick symmetry or if I want to try to pickup another 4x12. Gear is hard, guys.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:50 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
Tristan wrote:Maybe, but not anytime soon I guess.

Yeah he's got to be the rock star for awhile I suppose :thumb:
:(

Afaik it's not going into production, but I do know Brian has a lot of ideas cooking for different pedals.

Tris - since my family expanded I haven't had any time to demo anything, which sucks. So many cool things I'd love to demo. It will happen...

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Re: Sunday GAS party(your gear goals are like a fractal)

Postby friendship » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:44 am

Trying realllll hard not to put an offer on this Duo Jet (dream guitar) with a repaired headstock.

https://reverb.com/item/280393-gretsch-duo-jet-black

It wouldn't be financially prudent to do, but maybe if I sold enough miscellaneous shit to offset it, I could justify it?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear