Sunday GAS Party (secret santees.....be stalked here)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Sunday GAS Party (secret santees.....be stalked here)

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:10 am

Getting a bigger board, which means the smaller board will be available for becoming my "$15 bargan bin jank pedals" board.

Oooooooooooooooooooooh and the adventure begins again!
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:05 am

lordgalvar wrote:The sandstorm is really limited in it's envelope; it is a very on/off kinda thing with the sens basically just controling the trigger. Ther is no real swell or release to it. It is just on as long as the signal is high enough based on the sens level. I think my problem with it is that I just never see how I could really use it in a live setting just playing guitar. It just wouldn't add enough to really justify a spot when trying to make an efficient pedal board. In a noise or synth kinda setup where there is more focus on the sound, it probably has more place but I feel like the effect would be lost in a band live mix. It could be a great studio shaper though. I haven't ran it into a compressor yet though...might be intersting.

Thanks for this explanation. Still want to try it, but won't impulse buy it asap now.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:52 am

I'm pretty sure I'm having a mid life crisis.
I want a motorbike, more tattoos and enough money to quit my job and become a skydiving tandem master guy.
Then again, my whole life is a crisis and those things are awesome so I'm totally rationalising my lameness.
Justified.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:16 am

Heck yea! Two of the three terrify me and wife wont let me get a motocycle (almost got a Norton...wife said no haha).

The Rolands....my problem with them is that the system 1 is supposed to be a plug out synth at $500 and these "boutique" virtual analogs are 100-200 less (same price to 100 less with the keys) for one peice of software and a controller. Part of the problem is price scaling...with decling price of other offerings from Roland (compared to what "professional" gear used to cost, these don't seem like the deal they would have been 10 years ago at this price point). I also think Roland's $145 (should be under $100.....way under) price on software synths is way too high for the system 1 (and I know it doesn't focus on polysynths). They are fighting their own prices and confusing their own product line...It would have been better for them to just offer 600-900$ reissues using analog parts in a small package (and it is possible...Dave Smith did it with poly synths).

Also pairing their polysynths with such limited keys is just odd...but I think they are banking on nostalgia, small form factor, awesome graphic design, name recognition, and limited edtion to make the sales.

The moog on the other hand is something new (for them at least, and in form factor, expandability, etc), all analog, and fits into the current market trend. I love the roland sound, but they just bother me a bit.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Underrated piece of gear I definitely need but haven't bothered to replace: my damn strap. My Mustang bass is surprisingly heavy and my hand-me-down nylon strap doesn't cut it for long periods of time. Those Mono straps are awesome and I think Bhendy has one on his bass (real comfy). But they aren't super preeeetttyyyy (I'm a weenie and should probably just go this route).

Are couch straps really the bees knees? They seem really pretty but dunno how they feel with heavy guitars. Also they all seem to come in like EXTRA LONG sizes and I generally wear my bass pretty high up, has that ever been a problem with any strap users?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:04 pm

All my guitars have a couch strap.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:53 pm

I think I want that guitar.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby neonblack » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Who is that?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Who do you think it is?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby neonblack » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Saint Vinny?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:25 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Ryan Gosling ft. Katy Perry?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:10 pm

I actually think that's Katy Perry's guitarist.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ChetMagongalo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 pm

kbit wrote:Underrated piece of gear I definitely need but haven't bothered to replace: my damn strap. My Mustang bass is surprisingly heavy and my hand-me-down nylon strap doesn't cut it for long periods of time. Those Mono straps are awesome and I think Bhendy has one on his bass (real comfy). But they aren't super preeeetttyyyy (I'm a weenie and should probably just go this route).

Are couch straps really the bees knees? They seem really pretty but dunno how they feel with heavy guitars. Also they all seem to come in like EXTRA LONG sizes and I generally wear my bass pretty high up, has that ever been a problem with any strap users?

I think they are worth the money, esp if you can catch them on sale, they have like a 10-25% off sale every year, I don't remember when. I also wear my bass somewhat high and it is not too long.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Cool, that's good to know. Is it comfy to wear one of your heavy basses, for say, an hour?
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear