Verellen owners club.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Verellen owners club.

Postby THEBEERHAMMER » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Who has em? Who wants em? What are your settings? Has your Verellen made you want to change pickups???

Joe Gress wrote:The last time someone offered a pretzel burger without mustard the fucking Holocaust happened.
THEBEERHAMMER

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Verellen owners club.

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Count me in. I love my Verellen mod Jet City and my custom 1x12 bass/guitar cab.
The head used to be Ancient's- I got Ben to make a new face plate to match the cab and I just recently replaced the LED bulb for a real bulb and white jewel.
It's clean as hell. Absoultely no distortion unless you crank it, at which time it's all power tube distortion.
The cab was created out of a need to play guitar and bass out of the same cab- it's 21x21x16 loaded with a Delta Pro 12a!
It's quite loud for only 20 watts. I keep the gain on 1, the Master on 3, the bass on about 6, presence on 6, mids and highs at 12.
Such a great platform for pedals. Hardly any coloration of sound. Just loud clean fun

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Club? What is this...Talkbass?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby skullservant » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 pm

:lol: WHATS MY NUMBER
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tendollarcat » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:51 pm

I use a Meatsmoke pedal. It's fucking great and means 95% of my sound comes from my board.

I'd like a number, a keyring, a VIP membership and some coupons please :)
Tendollarcat

committed
committed

Postby Greenfuz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:54 pm

do you guys have a handshake? you can't be a club without a special handshake
Greenfuz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby THEBEERHAMMER » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Tendollarcat wrote:I use a Meatsmoke pedal. It's fucking great and means 95% of my sound comes from my board.

I'd like a number, a keyring, a VIP membership and some coupons please :)

QUICK TO KICKSTARTER!!!!
Joe Gress wrote:The last time someone offered a pretzel burger without mustard the fucking Holocaust happened.
THEBEERHAMMER

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Holy Schnikes » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:16 am

I'll get in on this club.

I own a Loucks, such a perfect amp, really loving it. The cleans are fat and chimey and to die for and I had Ben tighten up the high gain, get it somewhere between a loose and bassy Loucks and a tight as fuck Sky Hammer. The end result is crushing. Oh, and it absolutely feeds off any pedal I hit it with, just loves 'em. And so much volume on tap yet sounds good at reasonable levels. And it hasn't made me wanna change my pickups but that's probably cuz I've already changed my pickups.

Usually run it clean-ish, then hit it with the OD boost and or fuzz to really bring the thunder. The high gain on it is pretty perfect too, hard to decide between amp gain and pedals sometimes but I'm generally stuck somewhere near moderate gain. I pair it with 2 Emperor 2x12s, one standard loaded with Weber 65s and one Oversized with 75W Silver Bells. Shit sounds killer.

univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby space6oy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 am

after buying a big spider direct from verellen i'll never buy anything from them again. pathetic service. even if their amps are awesome.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:54 am

Meatsmoke Pedal. 90% of my bass recordings are now sporting it. Great Pedal. I had some issues with it but Ben Took care of them.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:51 am

space6oy wrote:after buying a big spider direct from verellen i'll never buy anything from them again. pathetic service. even if their amps are awesome.

:wha?:

:(
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm

yeah. bummer.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby excane » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 pm

jwar wrote:Club? What is this...Talkbass?
:lol: :thumb:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

:hello:

Currently own a Big Spider and Skyhammer pre.

In two weeks I'll have a 45w Class A single clean channel custom build Verellen though. :yay:

And I would eventually love to get a Meatsmoke Pre when I can find a used one for a good price.

space6oy wrote:after buying a big spider direct from verellen i'll never buy anything from them again. pathetic service. even if their amps are awesome.

:?: I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

This is completely contrary to every experience I've had with Ben. I bought my skhammer pre used with a broken master power switch and he sent me one for free and paid shipping so I could fix it myself, and right now he's getting ready to install an FX loop in an amp I bought second hand that the seller is dropping off for me, and also letting a friend drop some swag and gear into the shipping box since its coming to me anyway. He's always been quick to respond and A+ with the communication and awesomeness. I must admit that 2 or 3 years ago his communication wasn't the best, and it would often take a long time for him to respond but as of right now I have zero complaints.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blahquaker » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:16 pm

I have a Skyhammer preamp. love it.
blahquaker

committed
committed

Next

Return to General Gear