Verellen owners club.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Verellen owners club.

Postby skullservant » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah, I saw that guy the other day. Extremely great price considering you're getting TWO amps :drool:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Holy Schnikes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:43 pm

Dang that's a fine deal!
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby deathmonkey » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:Ben sent me this email today regarding my Meatsmoke:

"Hi Nora. Thanks for checking in. I'm slated to finish your amp on tuesday. Should be on a truck a couple days after that, once we give it a chance to burn in. Will send tracking once it's off. Thx!"

:joy: :omg: :!!!:

Edit- I like that green ^^. That was one the colors I was considering. I went with red though.

Red is a good choice. :thumb: Mine is on page 3.
Gholas on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Gholas
Gholas on Bandcamp: http://gholas.bandcamp.com/

I etch pedal enclosures: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Handsome- ... 7886408407

Good Deals with: BlindtoFaith, Monkey Boy, MEC (X2), simmerman11, CBA, skullservant, betacloud, brandnewzo,oldangelmidnight
deathmonkey

committed
committed

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:49 am

Mine got delayed to the first week of July. Oh, sadness...
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 am

Mine took almost a month longer than originally quoted also. It shipped 5/05, it looks like I should have it on 5/14.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed May 14, 2014 2:35 pm

So this happened this morning.

Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed May 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!! Looks great. How are you liking it so far?
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed May 14, 2014 2:45 pm

It sounds amazing to me. But, I am an amateur so what do I know? Amazing what a good amp does to my crappy playing though.

I have a few small issues with it. The color is not a as bright red as I asked for. He said that he used the same wood and stain as the pic I sent him and that wood can sometimes take stain differently. I know that, and I don't think he is lying to me, but it is still disappointing. The color is still great, don't get me wrong, but I was a little let down it wasn't exactly as I ordered.

The tremolo sounds amazing. One issue though, that I didn't think to ask him for was a footswitch to turn it on/off. I feel a bit dissapointed that he didn't mention that as an option when he mentioned he could add tremolo. I take full responsibilty, I am just saying it would have been nice if he offered that option. I am going to send it back to get to have that added. He isn't going to charge me labor, just parts (about $20) and shipping each way (which is going to be the real expense here).

In conclusion, I love this bitch, and I am glad I took off work today to play with it. Taking a break now, gotta go run some errands, but will be playing this bitch the rest of the night for sure.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Wed May 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Yeah that footswitch for the trem will be really nice. I bet if you set the head in the sunlight for a while (could even just do the headshell) that you could fade the stain to make it lighter!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed May 14, 2014 4:30 pm

It looks amazing. Went with ebony as it is a more classic choice, dark red was a close 2nd. But the overall sexyness of your amp is making me doubt.
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed May 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah, I do love this color. The pic doesn't do it justice, it looks a lot nicer in person. It is just not what I was expecting. This color looks classier though. And I am nothing if not classy.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AxAxSxS » Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:It sounds amazing to me. But, I am an amateur so what do I know? Amazing what a good amp does to my crappy playing though.

I have a few small issues with it. The color is not a as bright red as I asked for. He said that he used the same wood and stain as the pic I sent him and that wood can sometimes take stain differently. I know that, and I don't think he is lying to me, but it is still disappointing. The color is still great, don't get me wrong, but I was a little let down it wasn't exactly as I ordered.

The tremolo sounds amazing. One issue though, that I didn't think to ask him for was a footswitch to turn it on/off. I feel a bit dissapointed that he didn't mention that as an option when he mentioned he could add tremolo. I take full responsibilty, I am just saying it would have been nice if he offered that option. I am going to send it back to get to have that added. He isn't going to charge me labor, just parts (about $20) and shipping each way (which is going to be the real expense here).

In conclusion, I love this bitch, and I am glad I took off work today to play with it. Taking a break now, gotta go run some errands, but will be playing this bitch the rest of the night for sure.

He'll def get it exactly how you want it. LIving here in the land of verellen, you cant swing a stick without hitting a few Verellen owners. They universally praise the fact that Ben really wants you to be happy with the amps he builds and will do whatever it takes to make them right. Really made me confident about my purchase when the opportunity came up to get mine. I've been nothing but thrilled with it and am using it exclusively in my second band. It gets used in the triamp rig in Inifinite Flux with a Simms Watts AP100 and (the old tube version) Sunn 1200S.
Personally I think that color looks stunning. Very fucking cool setup there!
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed May 14, 2014 4:56 pm

I take full responsibility since ultimately I should have told him exactly what I wanted. It is just I honestly didn't think that was something I had to mention. There is not even a switch to turn the tremolo on/off. You have to turn the depth knob up or down. And since these knobs are on the back it is not terribly convenient. I don't mind that the knobs are on the back, but I just would like a way to turn it on or off from the front/a footswitch.

I forgot my friend in the last pic. Now, it looks just about perfect. You can see the color a bit better too. It is not as washed out as it is in the other pic.

Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby patdcp » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:06 am

Skyhammer users! How do you like your Dirt Channel?

I love the clean channel of that thing. Best clean tone i´ve ever had (and i had many amps, also Fenders). But i´m still messing with the Distorted tone. I don´t get it tight, and there´s to much buzz...Sounds actually good, but not what i expected, since everyone is talking about the "tight" tone of this channel.
patdcp

interested
interested

Postby Holy Schnikes » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:37 am

patdcp wrote:Skyhammer users! How do you like your Dirt Channel?

I love the clean channel of that thing. Best clean tone i´ve ever had (and i had many amps, also Fenders). But i´m still messing with the Distorted tone. I don´t get it tight, and there´s to much buzz...Sounds actually good, but not what i expected, since everyone is talking about the "tight" tone of this channel.

I had a Loucks awhile back with gain modded to Skyhamner specs. This was done to get it tighter than the Loucks which can run pretty loose but I still couldn't get it super tight. And the buzz was a problem too, couldn't dial it out. Just a very unique high gain sound.

Sold that Loucks and got a 4xKT88 Science Decolonizer which does everything I've ever wanted in a 2-channel amp. Gorgeous cleans, amazing OD mode, and super versatile high gain that will get as mean and tight as needed.
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear