The does this pedal do this thread ;)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

The does this pedal do this thread ;)

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 pm

So many times you want a simple dumb answer to a silly question... a lot of the time this will be the make of brake question on gear though...
But... you think "is this worth a thread? is this tread worth a tread? :idk: I just figured this would be easier to search if it ever takes of... anyway...

so...

boss autowah... does it cycle like a phaser or just go back and forth? and what does anyone think of the actual sound of the thing?
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Re: The does this pedal do this thread ;)

Postby Derelict78 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 pm

I like this thread
Looks and sounds like it cycles but you can hook up an exp pedal for wah.
aen wrote:Or I'll just use fuzz. Then Ill sound cool regardless.

Achtane wrote:Well, volcanoes are pretty fuckin' cool. Like I guess lava flows are doomy. Slow and still able to to melt your eardrums.
Derelict78

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:58 pm

Boss Slicer, does it ever not sound gimmicky? :p
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Boss Slicer, does it ever not sound gimmicky? :p

I'll let you know next week.... I actually find the demos less so then a murf... but we shall see...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:boss autowah... does it cycle like a phaser or just go back and forth? and what does anyone think of the actual sound of the thing?

It can do both the envelope filter thingy, or it can do the LFO filter thingy, like a phaser. It also has a vowel mode, so it can kind of do the formant bassballs thingy too. I think it sound decent on guitar, but it just cuts wayyy too much low to work well on bass. :idk:

D.o.S. wrote:Boss Slicer, does it ever not sound gimmicky? :p

Yes, it can do non-gimicky stuff. I mean, just the straight pattern trem modes are pretty badass. It's really only the arpeggiator/harmonic modes that make everything you play sound like a lame trance song.

Mudfuzz wrote:I'll let you know next week.... I actually find the demos less so then a murf... but we shall see...

The Murf is actually really cool if you find the right use for it. This Seismic Feedback track is totally based around the Murf. Of course, I sold mine off, so we just have to play the clip as a loop now when we want to recreate the song:

(The murf track starts at 0:39)
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Well I played with a Slicer when they first came out for like five whole minutes, so I'm clearly an expert.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:47 am

bigchiefbc wrote:The Murf is actually really cool if you find the right use for it. This Seismic Feedback track is totally based around the Murf. Of course, I sold mine off, so we just have to play the clip as a loop now when we want to recreate the song:

(The murf track starts at 0:39)

:thumb: yep you can do cool shit with them I know :thumb: But I've been doing a lot of weighing on bloppity bloopity bleepity pedals and the slicer won... actually the fact that you and others on here I respect have them on their boards made me re-look at it after sort'a writing it off... :lol:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:54 am

I don't use the slicer much, but there's one built into the GR-55. When I need it though, it works admirably.

It run into the harmonized pattern delay on a Digi Time Bender can get fun, even without layering in the synth.

Don't think I'd have bought one by itself but it's a useful tool and one of those 'glad I have certain multifx' in the arsenal.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zRobertez » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:05 pm

I've got one. Does the instant lofi junky's square wave do a constant back and forth square or a blippy every so often wave on slow rates? It's hard to tell in demos.

Like _|-|_|-|_|-|_
or ___|-|___|-|__

if that makes any since...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housewife/331848200230566
http://housewifeofficial.bandcamp.com/
Tom Dalton wrote:Like a phoenix's butt, it will rise from the asses.

KLON KLON KLON KLON
zRobertez

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:13 am

Bros.
What fuzzy do I need to get a chainsaw toan like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dase » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:45 am

Oooh I've got two

BOSS PS5 SUPER SHIFTER. If I get a moog expression pedal for this can I use it like a whammy? I ready use the trem arm modes but I'd like to do slower, dive bomb pitch shifts. Like, so from original note to an octave below stretches over a couple of bars, instead of pretty much instantly.

MOOG MINITAUR: do they work as a standalone oscillator/tone generator or do they need an external input?

Great idea for a thread thank you!
dase

HERO
HERO

Postby ChetMagongalo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 am

zRobertez wrote:I've got one. Does the instant lofi junky's square wave do a constant back and forth square or a blippy every so often wave on slow rates? It's hard to tell in demos.

Like _|-|_|-|_|-|_
or ___|-|___|-|__

if that makes any since...

It does blippy. Like a kind of skip or something. at least to my ears. I'll have to try it. I don't really use the square wave on it :P

Also, what's the difference between different Digitech whammy versions?
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 am

dase wrote:Oooh I've got two

BOSS PS5 SUPER SHIFTER. If I get a moog expression pedal for this can I use it like a whammy? I ready use the trem arm modes but I'd like to do slower, dive bomb pitch shifts. Like, so from original note to an octave below stretches over a couple of bars, instead of pretty much instantly.

MOOG MINITAUR: do they work as a standalone oscillator/tone generator or do they need an external input?

Great idea for a thread thank you!

Yes, the PS-5 can do the Whammy stuff with an expression pedal. The guitarist in my covers band does this, and it works great.

The minitaur needs either a MIDI note-on message or a CV Gate signal before the internal oscillators will make noise.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 am

Achtane wrote:Bros.
What fuzzy do I need to get a chainsaw toan like this?

Gated fuzz into a Marshall or equivalent should probably get you pretty damned close I'd think.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 am

something in a Devi Ever, i'd think.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Next

Return to General Gear