Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby skullservant » Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 pm

I've seen some hybrid cases before. You'd just have to make sure that your voltages would be compatable for CV between formats. It'd be really easy to DIY a format jumbler to go between banana and 1/8" jacks though
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 pm

SWEET BriBri
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby 12XU2A3X3 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:50 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:a case :p
i've thought about building a modular for like 10 years but have never started it. it's time.
i'll likely just roll my own as much as i can since i want banana jacks... it's a tough call since there are SO many euro modules available but i like the frac format a bit more. maybe i'll do a hybrid?

come play my friend's buchlas before you decide to go banana.
Ugly Nora wrote:Maybe he should go back to mail order like Jandek.

https://soundcloud.com/christian-mirande

good deals: zzuFrepuS, backwardsvoyager, hatshirt, intothegroove x2, onyxrhino, oldangelmidnight, DannDubbleEwe x2, solarolosonoio, ghosteffects, smallsnd/bigsnd, john lyons, dandolin, rot gut
12XU2A3X3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Sun May 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Finally got some sounds recorded with my modular this morning:

skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby modernage » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Figured I'd recycle this perfectly good, gently used thread, rather than start a new one (how un-American of me). Arise! Come forth from thine grave!

It would be nice if we could have an ongoing modular thread to keep guys like me from creepin the muffs forum... since that's what I've been doing instead of hanging out here. I'm coming clean, I want to be faithful to you guys. No more secrets.

Over the past year or two I really began to get bored of guitar, and had felt like I had hit a wall creatively. It got to the point where I would really only pick up the guitar when I got a new pedal in the mail (an expensive motivator), and when I did I would only play the same shit I would always play. That was the main reason for my decision to go modular at the beginning of this year. The other big incentive was I would still have an outlet for my love of twiddling knobs. :cool:

As a result of all this I am excited to write/play/record music again. In a weird way, I've also been playing guitar a lot more these days. Kinda nice to get rid of the pressure to be creative with the guitar if I want to express myself musically. Also, for the first time in 3-4 years I haven't been in a constant state of GAS for pedals. Trust me, I still have major GAS, I'm just actually happy with my board. :eek:

TL:DR? Here's my 3.5mm setup...
The Telemark is carrying most of the weight with this setup. The plan is to have the euro setup be more self-reliant making it a portable option. I have about $600 to put towards expanding at the moment. More if I can sell some junk. Now the fun part. Weighing my options. :joy:
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby modernage » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:21 pm

I would love it if we could get more interest in modular jank here. I'm sure the guys over at muffwigglers are great. I just like it here better. Also, you can only weed through so many "I'm building my first modular. What should I buy? I'm planning on buying a Maths, but what else?" threads. Plus... more love here means eventually more goodies in the b/s/t forum. Let's definitely make it newb friendly. I'm sure we could all stand to learn more and gas more!
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby 12XU2A3X3 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:27 pm

modernage wrote:I would love it if we could get more interest in modular jank here. I'm sure the guys over at muffwigglers are great. I just like it here better. Also, you can only weed through so many "I'm building my first modular. What should I buy? I'm planning on buying a Maths, but what else?" threads. Plus... more love here means eventually more goodies in the b/s/t forum. Let's definitely make it newb friendly. I'm sure we could all stand to learn more and gas more!

yeah, this.

good deals: zzuFrepuS, backwardsvoyager, hatshirt, intothegroove x2, onyxrhino, oldangelmidnight, DannDubbleEwe x2, solarolosonoio, ghosteffects, smallsnd/bigsnd, john lyons, dandolin, rot gut
12XU2A3X3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:30 pm

I want that new Make Noise oscillator, damnit.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Modular systems are a serious source of GAS and I'm jelly of you guys, but dude, I just can't deal with the cost.
There's some part of me that can't accept paying $500 for this one thing that goes fwip...fwip...pk pk pkpkpkpkpkp...fwip, no matter the potential it has when paired with a bunch of other sloopty-dap bok bok daps and blagggggg teeps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:59 pm

I totally agree with you. I wouldn't have a modular if it wasn't for an ill-spent tax return. I wouldn't have been able to justify it any other way haha
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby modernage » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Achtane wrote:... that goes fwip...fwip...pk pk pkpkpkpkpkp...fwip, no matter the potential it has when paired with a bunch of other sloopty-dap bok bok daps and blagggggg teeps...

I think I'm going to try to recreate this... don't worry! I'll give you partial writers credit! :p

skullservant wrote:I want that new Make Noise oscillator, damnit.

I've been seriously considering that one. I do need another oscillator... but with the Harvestman coming out with new versions of most his stuff, I think I can get my hands on a used Hertz Donut MKI for a decent price.
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Hertz Donut is on the gas list. I really just want the ability to have two oscillators, my Trog which is the chaos, and a more standard one to drone with. In a perfect world I would get 2 of the Make Noise guys and have the Trog as well. That would rule
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 12XU2A3X3 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:16 pm

skullservant wrote:Hertz Donut is on the gas list. I really just want the ability to have two oscillators, my Trog which is the chaos, and a more standard one to drone with. In a perfect world I would get 2 of the Make Noise guys and have the Trog as well. That would rule

it's all about dat piston honda dawg

12XU2A3X3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:17 pm

If I could afford one I totally would!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Damn, this thread is making me jealous.
I've been gassing for some modular stuff but I won't be able to get into it until I graduate and get a job; too damned expensive on top of student debt!
I'm trying to satiate my gas with a Korg Littlebits kit.
Figure its the perfect way to start modular on a ridiculously tight budget
Might have to start lurking Muffwiggler to get a better understanding of it all
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear