Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:08 pm

murrrrr. went a bit sampler happy. the MPC One is amazebutts, but it's too much like using Ableton Micro in a box when.... i have a PC with two 42 inch monitors 3 feet away. playing with the Cycles made me miss Digitakt Times, that should be here Tuesday and got an SP404 Mk 2 on pre-order, hope that's soon.

tryyyyyyying to resist ordering a Solar 50.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:52 am

JTurbide wrote:Just got a Qubit Nebulae V2 on reverb :joy:

acquisition of an Orgone Accumulator

interested to know what you think of this one after you've had it for a while :snax: it keeps floating on and off my GAS list....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:31 pm

this is good shit - thanks!!!! i like the looks of that boundary a lot (as with all schlappi stuffs)
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:59 pm

murrrrrr. it's SUPER early days, only run it off and on for an hour after getting it going, but it LOOKS like with ASIO4ALL i've super simply added a second interface. grabbed a tiny 2x2 Presonus USB C interface to add to the 16 input mixer/interface Presonus AR16c that i use for mains recordings. but it doesn't have an easy way to route audio out of it then back in, takes a bunch of FINAGLING.

with the second interface now everything hardware that makes/affects noise can go into each other then into the AR16, the 2x2 Presonus is just an out from the computer/Live, so i can send loops or whatnot out into hardware boxes then into the AR16.

dunno if there will be any issues with ASIO4ALL after reboots or anything, but so far seems so EASY. YES please.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:44 am

A missive from the Blind Idiot God:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cXMgrkqkM
I was scritch scratchin my nuggin wondering how Befaco was gonna justify the price on the new Noise Plethora (well to me at least - yeah, I am just not that percussively attuned :idk: )...

...but then I happened upon this little ditty and...P to the WHOAR of Babylon this thing is *all* of Artemis' abundant artesianal accoutrements! Well, in the friendly hands of this channel's demo-demon at least. Think I'ma have to make some space for this thing in '22 :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:46 pm

Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:11 am

LandscapeFM Noon looks bananaaaaaaaaas.

poor Kenny.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:17 pm

:lol: agreed on that
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:22 pm

JTurbide wrote:acquisition of an...AJH Gemini

serious mining here, lol, sorry, but def wondering what you think of the Gemini? :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:42 am

Dandolin wrote:
JTurbide wrote:acquisition of an...AJH Gemini

serious mining here, lol, sorry, but def wondering what you think of the Gemini? :snax:

I honestly haven't use it much in creative ways. I like that the build quality (knobs for example) feels solid and it sounds good. But I am wondering if I would have prefered something like a Bionic Lester or Rossum Morpheus for example. It also isn't exactly an hp sensitive module. But yeah I still like it but am not like over the moon about it.
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby Dandolin » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:23 pm

cool - thanks :thumb:

i see mentions of it online and some elevate it into mystical mojoz territory. i do like the way it sounds in demos tho....

i feel like my filter ear is a little weird. things like the Synth Tech E440 and Rossum Evolution that are gushed over, when i listen to demos I'm like errrrrr.

things i've loved like the Analogue Systems RS-110 seem to have been buried by the shifting sands....

part of it is that i don't really enjoy the resonance sounds of a lot of filters - i do like glitchy nonlinearities and distortion, but that acid squelch thing isn't part of my DNA - i'd just as soon keep the resonance full off on many of these unless they're gonna get weirderer than they do....

tho i do like the Radigue slow picking out harmonics thing (curse you Uli and your 2500 series) :idk:

i think one of the appeals of the Gemini is supposed to be its ability to do the vintage spacy thing but enhanced by the stereo and mixing/mod options :snax: sounds alright to me, but the price in both coin and hp does seem high.... as far as stereo filters, my ear likes the sound of it more than Blades or QPAS; not sure on Dipole.

Morpheus is amazing for what it does, but to me its more of a body/resonance box with morphing, than it is a standard filter (tho that can be done too)

you have to be really careful with input gain (and maybe other factors like impedance) - there've def been others (betters) who've given up on it in frustration over digiclipping....

Bionic Lester looks really unique and sounds amazing, especially the glitchy weirdness attainable - had relegated it to the don't-look file because of cost and because i was salty over the discontinuance of the v1 which was a totally different architecture i really wanted to try, but i have to admit it is rising fast to the high end of my filter want list :snax: easier because i've basically ended my analog filter hunt now and can get back into the digiweirdness :joy:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:00 am

from your lips to my bank account :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:18 pm

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up a Maths and QPAS shortly if I can find some decent prices. Been kind of flipflopping between the QPAS or 2 Mutable Ripples.

Also, finally got a 3D printer and am going to try to print some custom blank panels. Just have to order some interesting filament first
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:10 pm

vidret wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Pretty sure I'm going to pick up a Maths and QPAS shortly if I can find some decent prices. Been kind of flipflopping between the QPAS or 2 Mutable Ripples.

Also, finally got a 3D printer and am going to try to print some custom blank panels. Just have to order some interesting filament first

Do post results, I’m interested in what can be gotten out of a 3D printer.

Ended up getting some purple filament in the mail and immediately decided to try to print some panels with it. Turned out amazing! I wasn't expecting the sparkly finish at all!
The tolerances were a bit off and the bolts barely fit through the holes. Not sure if the issue is my printer setup, the print settings, or just the files I downloaded, but it worked out. Just printing the last panel to fill up my rack now
Eventually I'm going to print a bunch of custom stands for all my gear. Might try to design a portable case that the HEK can fit in to print as well. Open to any other ideas too!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:52 am

sexxxxy bits. WORK IT.

got the Enner in. i liiiiiike it so far. i wanted to love the Stereo Field, couldna click with it. Enner makes way more sense to me.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear