Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 pm

hurm. ModGrid works fine for me. just reloaded a page?

i love Erica stuff. but the Chronobloopins v2 has killed my delay desires. so GOOD.

also, Zoia is BOSS.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:47 am

Yah, I'm not going down the Mimeophone hole, either. Will still probably nab a Morphagene at some point, though. I just got a format jumbler for banana -> euro and could see sampling my Benjolin into the Morpha for ultimate death-smear.

behndy what are you using the ZOIA for?

Lastly, I love Erica stuffs too and if I had unlimited resources would pick up their full techno system.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Zoia - so far delays and reverbs and bit crushing. only made one patch from scratch so far (have had so littpe fucking time for noise lately), but it's so quick and easy and open. i can see coming back and tracing down What Does THE FUCKING WHAT being a bit of a bitch, but staying focused and building straight through is a delight.

i love having the strength of the incoming signal controlling the speed of a delay lines repeats. or a CV in that can shuffle through dreamy washes to stuttering goodness.

Ericas - moof. right? lol. but i'd probably talk to them, see if i could swap some modules. they have a pretty 4 on the floor angry techno angle that doesn't appeal to me.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:34 pm

They're really going to release the Mimeophon without a proper demo? I'm waiting for a proper not superbooth demo to decide to preorder. :grumpy: Really want to compare it to the chronoblob 2... even though it seems they might not be aiming to be the same thing.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Antlerface » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Mim looks like the best combination of Morphagene and Echophon. I’m gonna wait to order one, but I’m hoping it can shove the Nebulae out of one of my cases. It’s a dope module but the “source” thing annoys me, can’t use a sample from SD and have live audio running at the same time. Whyyyy???
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby Muse FTW » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:49 pm

Mimeophon won't be out until the end of August so there's plenty of time for some demos.

Restructured my cases. Early thoughts on the new modules:

ALM Squid Salmple is really fun. I haven't read the manual yet but using it was fast. Even though I couldn't access all of the functions just yet I was really enjoying mangling samples with it and a Planar. Bitcrushing/sample pitch changing simultaneously sounds fantastic with all the beautiful lofi artifacts and reminded me a lot of how I used the Octatrack when I owned one. I realized it has a lot more depth than I had anticipated, and it can probably get even deeper. Maybe one day I'll give Akemie's Castle another go...

SSF Autodyne is fucking brilliant, too. Putting the mix out of the Squid Salmple into the Autodyne led to some beautifully driven drums so far. I really like the character of this module. Low HP and dead simple to use. Would like to put some BIA in it....

Assimil8or is uh... yeah I'm gonna need to sit down with the manual and really dissect this. Tweaking some presets showed me that it's a powerhouse. I have a feeling if I can get through that first layer of abstraction, I'll use this a LOT. That first layer is fucking thick, though. The screen is fucking tiny, too lol.

Really not sure how I want to arrange my racks tbh. I'm trying to limit myself to 4 rows but it's rather difficult with big units like the Metron and Performance Mixer. The last thing I need are more cases but I kinda want to create some smaller, self-contained units to trick my brain a little.

Erica Sample Drum coming in tomorrow.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:46 am

fwiw, which is probabbbbbbly not much because i'm a fickle little LAYDAY, but i hated having separate Micro Use Cases. i am loooovinnnnng having everything in one case.

i am INTERESTED in the Autodyne. i really wish they had silver and black options for their panels, i have all the PM and extras in silver and would be nice to choose something else WMD to sit next to other silver WMD loot.

lol. nooooot to add any confusion to the Sampler Selecty Times, but have you tried a Bitbox? moop. you want a bigger screen?

GURRRRRRRL YOU GET A BIGGER SCREEN.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:08 pm

jebus i want Muffs back just so i can drool over drips and dribbles of potential Pulsar-23 release dates.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:00 pm

behndy wrote:jebus i want Muffs back just so i can drool over drips and dribbles of potential Pulsar-23 release dates.

Muffs is up?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 pm

lol. DURP. was reloading a You're In The Wronnnnng Neighborhood Hood Homie page.

DURP.

thanks!

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:00 pm

Vlad The Vlad, in a response to a comment on that FB post, said “1,500 Euros net" for price.

and available "in a month".

KEEPING. CREDIT CARD. ROOM.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 pm

I still want to see a better demo of the Pulsar. Although, I probably missed some demos at some point because I haven't really been following along too closely :idk:
I've been wanting a dedicated drum machine since I've been mostly using the Digitakt as a sample mangler/drone machine and the TR330 isn't all that practical, but I haven't seen much out there that really interest me right now. Theoretically, the Pulsar looks like an ideal drum machine for me; it would fit really well with my current setup, which mostly all semi-modular and modular stuff that work well together.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Muse FTW » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:17 pm

Erica Synths Sample Drum is fucking tasty. So much functionality under the hood. Paired with a Planar 2 and I can get lost in those modules alone.

I'm starting to see the modular take form. I brought back Metropolis/Atlantis combo into the rack and it sounds better than I remember. I'm happy with the Squid Salmple and the return of the Voltage Block. Jury is still out on the Assimil8or but I haven't had a chance to really dive into it like I was hoping to.

Thankfully I'm almost done with my next album. :joy:
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 pm

Muse FTW wrote:Erica Synths Sample Drum is fucking tasty. So much functionality under the hood. Paired with a Planar 2 and I can get lost in those modules alone.

That does look pretty tasty. I'm more so looking for a stand alone option though. But the more I think about it, the more it might just make sense to build a euro drum machine. I'm pretty sure I could build one that I would be happier with than pretty much anything else out there right now
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:53 pm

yeah. i mean. i have a rack with a Metron and a butt load of neat drum synthesis, and i lurrrrrve it.

but. that fucking Pulsar. i have a NEED.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear