EHX SMMH effect

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: EHX SMMH effect

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 am

monkeydancer wrote:Yeah it does amazing things and the normal delay isn't bad, it's just a bit characterless. Tbh the only real deal breaker for me and the only reason I don't still have one is that the mix control is balls. I want CLEAN and EFFECT levels independently, how fucking hard is that EHX?

YES
GOD DAMN
THEY WERE SO CLOSE
the volume drop just killed it for me, otherwise I'd probably still be happily using it
someone needs to start modding them for extra footswitches and level knobs
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby synthezatory » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:04 am

monkeydancer wrote:...Tbh the only real deal breaker for me and the only reason I don't still have one is that the mix control is balls. I want CLEAN and EFFECT levels independently, how fucking hard is that EHX?

This, exactly.. same thing for the regular big box memory man ri and the supa-puss (mix knobs) that I used to own.The later one have so much potential, but the way the mix, gain and the repeat knobs work is just pure turd
synthezatory

committed
committed

Postby Casavettes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:55 am

backwardsvoyager wrote:
monkeydancer wrote:Yeah it does amazing things and the normal delay isn't bad, it's just a bit characterless. Tbh the only real deal breaker for me and the only reason I don't still have one is that the mix control is balls. I want CLEAN and EFFECT levels independently, how fucking hard is that EHX?

YES
GOD DAMN
THEY WERE SO CLOSE
the volume drop just killed it for me, otherwise I'd probably still be happily using it
someone needs to start modding them for extra footswitches and level knobs

It needs some dirge electronics magic :)
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby decomposing » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:21 pm

pretty sure FX Doctor can do what your talking about and switch it a mix knob and keep your guitar unity.
he can do this with the small stone and small clones.
plus it's digital, which reduces modding options I think...
Last edited by decomposing on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby decomposing » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:28 pm

just emailed mike http://analogman.com/ and josh http://fxdoctor.com/ about possibly modding that beast.
cannot recommend these guys enough!

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echodeluxe » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 pm

i dont perceive a volume drop. but thats just me.

i also really dont like the boss dd series. that is what i think of when i hear "sterile" or "tasteless".
echodeluxe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby synthezatory » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:43 am

echodeluxe wrote:i dont perceive a volume drop. but thats just me.

i also really dont like the boss dd series. that is what i think of when i hear "sterile" or "tasteless".

Yeah I got you, I don't hate Boss pedals.. I just don't get their dd lines (but I love my RE-20 to death, it kicked the EQD DTSr back to its shop), sterile/cold is the right way of saying it, just like strymon's el caps and timeline.. too much computerized shit for my taste
synthezatory

committed
committed

Postby Casavettes » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 am

The only time the volume drop was really noticeable to me was when I went into loop mode.
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DarkAxel » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:54 pm

didn't mean it as an attack or anything, some people like it, it's just not that interesting for me... and SMMH worked in the same way - the moment when I got a "different" delay (Disaster Transport). the SMMH didn't get used

that's why i now think it's amazing for those "special effect" delays but for a straightforward delay, i'd prefer something different
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby synthezatory » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:31 pm

DarkAxel wrote:

didn't mean it as an attack or anything, some people like it, it's just not that interesting for me... and SMMH worked in the same way - the moment when I got a "different" delay (Disaster Transport). the SMMH didn't get used

that's why i now think it's amazing for those "special effect" delays but for a straightforward delay, i'd prefer something different

Yeah I can agree with you about the SMMH. It could be a little bland as a straightforward delay pedal. Thank god there's a filter knob to compensate, otherwise it'll only be my dedicated looper & reverse machine only. But overall it's not bad though, I love the crazy ramping multitap. And whoever made the initial design of this pedal is a freakin genius, no other pedal can do what this thing can. If there will ever be a version 2, it will be great
synthezatory

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear