Question for Timeline users

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Question for Timeline users

Postby Communarchy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:30 pm

I understand that the Dual setting allows you to either run two delays in series or parallel at the tap of a switch. My question is this: it appears as if A and B are two different switchable presets available at any time. Now, does the timeline have the ability to run your "A" preset delay (say the dBucket) into the "B" delay (say digital) and each can be defeated at any time? This seems like an obvious feature given the possibilities of the unit, and it would defeat the need for me to have two delays on my board (I currently run a short slapback into a longer modulated delay, in series of course). Just need confirmation before I invest.
Communarchy

committed
committed

Re: Question for Timeline users

Postby bronzetalon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Nope doesn't work that way...that said the dual delay will get you there if you like to stack them. You might want to look at the eventide time factor...all of their delays have two delays for every setting.
bronzetalon

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Communarchy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Okay, so if A and B dont feed into each other, could I put the dual delay setting on side A and program it with a digital slapback running in series to a slightly longer modulated delay? Then copy that slightly longer modulated delay for side B and switch between the two? That would be in essence the same approach. I'm just wondering how much control you have over the two delays that are present in the dual setting.
Communarchy

committed
committed

Postby Communarchy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:49 pm

As in how much control you have over each separately before they are run into each other. Or if the modulation, smear, etc. are only post controls over the entire setting. Hope I'm being clear as to what I'm trying to attain. Because I don't necessarily need the digital to run into the dBucket setting, just the ability to modulate the second delay in the dual setting and leave the slapback unaltered. Might not make sense in the long run and is almost a splitting hairs thing, but I just hope to recreate what I have going on right now as closely as possible, just with less pedals.
Communarchy

committed
committed

Return to General Gear