· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Subdecay Anamnesis

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Looks ruleage. Modulation sounds great on it.

Re: Subdecay Anamnesis

Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Oh, snap. Does sound pretty tasty.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Whish it have some LFO wave shape to compete with the MOOG MF-104M.
Modulation off switch would have been cool.
Maybe we'll have a deluxe version (I HOPE).
Hope Brian is still reading the forum.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Sweet name for delay pedal... Philip K. Dick with a Memory Man reference.

So is this thing analog?

C

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:39 pm

From what I read on the SubDecay Facebook... digital.
I like the name and look too... but I want a deluxe version.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:48 pm

sylnau wrote:From what I read on the SubDecay Facebook... digital.
I like the name and look too... but I want a deluxe version.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/sho ... st46347064

C

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Hey guys. I still visit from time to time. I've been busy... and sick a lot lately. I currently have hand foot and mouth disease which my daughter picked up from day care and graciously gave to me... probably while I was up with her several nights trying to comfort her as she screamed for hours on end.

Anyway... digital. PT2399 based. The design is similar to the echobox, but a few things were simplified. the modulation was improved. longer repeats and longer delay times sound better.
Obviously it's smaller and a little cheaper too. Cheaper mostly because it's a lot easier to build.

And YES there will be a DLX version... though the DLX version will be DSP based, so it will really be only be related in name and that it will also be an delay pedal. 2013ish

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 pm

2013... euh.

There's is absolutely no competition for the MOOG at the moment... it would have been the right timing.
Offering same thing as the MOOG for half the price would be awesome.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Ehh

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm

sylnau wrote:2013... euh.

There's is absolutely no competition for the MOOG at the moment... it would have been the right timing.

We are a tiny company with limited resources. Our DLX version is probably going to be a project that will cost us as much as the QDLX did and will take time. These aren't things we can turn around in a matter of days or even weeks.

I'm not really sure how useful the different wave shapes would be for echo modulation. I haven't seen any MF104 demos that really show them off.

Obviously this pedal is way too small for those kind of options anyway and the focus of the DLX version will be different delay voices, but perhaps after we do some experimenting we'll find some ways to incorporate other waveshapes.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Yep I understand... and this small version look awesome... the demo is killer. :thumb:
And also look great. :love:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:28 pm

brian m wrote:
sylnau wrote:2013... euh.

We are a tiny company with limited resources. Our DLX version is probably going to be a project that will cost us as much as the QDLX did and will take time. These aren't things we can turn around in a matter of days or even weeks.

I'm not really sure how useful the different wave shapes would be for echo modulation. I haven't seen any MF104 demos that really show them off.

Obviously this pedal is way too small for those kind of options anyway and the focus of the DLX version will be different delay voices, but perhaps after we do some experimenting we'll find some ways to incorporate other waveshapes.

Brian, is there any chance on the DLX version(s) of pedals in the future the exp pedal input can be on the top as well?

Seems kind of pointless to save all the space by having top mounted jacks, then putting the exp on the side which means you have to leave room if you want to use it :idk:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:32 pm

excane wrote:
Brian, is there any chance on the DLX version(s) of pedals in the future the exp pedal input can be on the top as well?

Seems kind of pointless to save all the space by having top mounted jacks, then putting the exp on the side which means you have to leave room if you want to use it :idk:

only way we could really do that is turn the pedal sideways, which would still take up more space. I don't know for sure yet. To be honest we are going to put our DLX flanger in a bigger enclosure and may do the same with the echo. I had some ideas that might make a 3rd foot switch necessary if we wanted to keep all options open at all times.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 pm

brian m wrote:DLX flanger

:hug:
:!!!:

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:36 pm

brian m wrote:
excane wrote:

only way we could really do that is turn the pedal sideways, which would still take up more space. I don't know for sure yet. To be honest we are going to put our DLX flanger in a bigger enclosure and may do the same with the echo. I had some ideas that might make a 3rd foot switch necessary if we wanted to keep all options open at all times.

I LOVE the echobox and I'm really digging the Quantum. The one thing that would make the echobox amazing has always been my desire of a second footswitch (since the first is already off-center) to either control modulation on/off, tap tempo, or momentary for self oscillation.

I have demos of both the quantum and echo in my sig. (on both guitar and bass) Feel free to use them for whatever you like :)
Post a reply