More Pedal Demos Like This Please...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: More Pedal Demos Like This Please...

Postby excane » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 pm

one bad monkey wrote:
excane wrote:From a marketing perspective, it was done very well - the execution was pro and visually appealing.

Then tell me, what was the brand name and name of the pedal the three guys used? The execution was great, but even the OP admitted he didn't know what pedal they were using. So really, it's a marketing fail if they are selling a specific effect pedal and people can't remember anything about it. Lots of flash but no real content.

They did said Walrus Audio Iron horse several times :erm:

Honestly, I was looking for something positive to say about it.

Maybe I should rephrase..... it's executed well from a visual standpoint.... everything else blows :idk:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby one bad monkey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:10 am

excane wrote:They did said Walrus Audio Iron horse several times :erm:

Maybe I should rephrase..... it's executed well from a visual standpoint.... everything else blows :idk:

And until you mentioned the name, no one else did in this entire thread (checked, before any other editing goes on). I had to watch it twice to grab the name. The job of marketing is to "sell" you the product and while we're all talking about the video, NO ONE has been talking about the pedal. So, from a marketing standpoint, it fails. Nothing of that video made me say "Wow, these guys at Walrus Pedals are cool, I'm going to check their website out and find out more" which is the point of marketing, especially when you're making a demo.

From the OPs original comment about watching something that is more about gear in general, it's great! I was more interested in the artists they were highlighting and the ways those guys use pedals over anything else. They could easily turn that into a 15-30 minute documentary on the artists and what they do, have them use only WA pedals, put something in the credits about Walrus Audio (maybe put a website in there so people don't have to hunt for it), and I'd probably check them out AND THEN say "Oh wait, the pedals they used in the videos were theirs?" At which point, you would then be on their website, wanting to find proper demos.

Would've been a much more clever marketing strategy.

Artist | Bassist
one bad monkey

experienced
experienced

Postby mrmtzion » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:49 am

I think they were trying to do more of a introduction to the company then a pedal demo. They are new to the game and were trying to get their name and vibe out. I liked it. I think the whole this is a bunch of "hipsters" thing is weird and lame. Who in the hell says the word hipster anymore besides my boss when he is talking to me about band of horses after they come into our store. Here is a actual demo by them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GjNHWJvEK0

Again, just my opinion. And they swing from aens shittiest demos nuts.
mrmtzion

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:12 am

Just saying. If you listen and pay attention, they do say the pedals name several times. In fact it's at 13 secs. LOL!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:14 am

THIS is more like it. This dude is the reason I bought Walkure.

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby one bad monkey » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

jwar wrote:Just saying. If you listen and pay attention, they do say the pedals name several times. In fact it's at 13 secs. LOL!

And again, we're talking about the video and not mentioning the name of the company or pedal. You're proving my point; they did mention the names, but none of us are talking about them.

jwar wrote:THIS is more like it. This dude is the reason I bought Walkure.

THAT is a nice demo. I actually want to hunt down a Voyager now.

Artist | Bassist
one bad monkey

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 am

one bad monkey wrote:
jwar wrote:Just saying. If you listen and pay attention, they do say the pedals name several times. In fact it's at 13 secs. LOL!

And again, we're talking about the video and not mentioning the name of the company or pedal. You're proving my point; they did mention the names, but none of us are talking about them.

jwar wrote:THIS is more like it. This dude is the reason I bought Walkure.

THAT is a nice demo. I actually want to hunt down a Voyager now.

Well to be honest, the reason I don't talk about them is because they are kind of pricey for what they do. I've known about the pedals for awhile though.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby sonidero » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm

excane wrote:
one bad monkey wrote:
excane wrote:From a marketing perspective, it was done very well - the execution was pro and visually appealing.

Then tell me, what was the brand name and name of the pedal the three guys used? The execution was great, but even the OP admitted he didn't know what pedal they were using. So really, it's a marketing fail if they are selling a specific effect pedal and people can't remember anything about it. Lots of flash but no real content.

OMG YOU GUYS I'M BOUT TO SUSAN POWTER UP IN HERE... I'm the op and of course I knew the pedal and company... I posted the dang thang... My point was not to talk about the pedal or company but to showthat there are other ways to shoot a pedal demo than just an above shot (which some of you love) or with an camera on the floor aimed at dirty laundry (whatever you like)... I'm not dissing other videos or saying these are the coolest kids I've ever seen step on a pedal go buy it now... Just throwin it out there that I thought it was a cool pedal vid and didn't know I entered the 37th chamber of Pedal Marketeers United... I also said that I can tell pretty quick whether an audio product is right for me or not and vids are usually nothing more than icing on the cake or more ice pick in eye than informative for me... Just Nick and Aen make cool vids, FBG's vids are at least kinda fun and refreshing and even GMD has his moments... Again not bitching or dissing cause I don't have a camera to make my own, just saying what I like and thought a few fellow fuzzers would get a kick outta watching it too...

OK, GO...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 pm

sonidero wrote:
excane wrote:
one bad monkey wrote:

OMG YOU GUYS I'M BOUT TO SUSAN POWTER UP IN HERE... I'm the op and of course I knew the pedal and company... I posted the dang thang... My point was not to talk about the pedal or company but to showthat there are other ways to shoot a pedal demo than just an above shot (which some of you love) or with an camera on the floor aimed at dirty laundry (whatever you like)... I'm not dissing other videos or saying these are the coolest kids I've ever seen step on a pedal go buy it now... Just throwin it out there that I thought it was a cool pedal vid and didn't know I entered the 37th chamber of Pedal Marketeers United... I also said that I can tell pretty quick whether an audio product is right for me or not and vids are usually nothing more than icing on the cake or more ice pick in eye than informative for me... Just Nick and Aen make cool vids, FBG's vids are at least kinda fun and refreshing and even GMD has his moments... Again not bitching or dissing cause I don't have a camera to make my own, just saying what I like and thought a few fellow fuzzers would get a kick outta watching it too...

OK, GO...

FUCK YOU!! :snax:

:p

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby wsas3 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:37 pm

I for one, want to see fbg's face. My lawyer balls have been blue since she first graced the demo scene
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greyscales » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:48 pm

It is definitely a well shot video, but I'm not sure if I would call it a demo. By the end of it I couldn't remember the name of the pedal and was more interested in hearing the bands those people played in. :picard:
Too bad the quality of regular demos can't be that well done.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby excane » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:55 pm

wsas3 wrote:I for one, want to see fbg's face. My lawyer balls have been blue since she first graced the demo scene

Fuck that bitch.
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby excane » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:57 pm

jwar wrote:FUCK YOU!! :snax:

:p

You have such a way of cracking me up :lol:
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby univalve » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

wsas3 wrote:I for one, want to see fbg's face. My lawyer balls have been blue since she first graced the demo scene

really?
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby excane » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Worth saying again....

excane wrote:Fuck that bitch.
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear