More Pedal Demos Like This Please...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: More Pedal Demos Like This Please...

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:36 pm

excane wrote:
wsas3 wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:no.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby elevenstrings » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

jwar wrote:
excane wrote:
wsas3 wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:no.
elevenstrings

experienced
experienced

Postby MaxMaps » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:53 pm

no
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:21 pm

hazelwould wrote:Eh. no.
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Ahh ha ha... You guys are a riot of wit and originality... My point is more variety in demos would be cool... Show what the pedal can do in various contexts and with multiple instruments... I could give a shit about the people in the video, just show more stuff...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby hazelwould » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:05 pm

sonidero wrote:Ahh ha ha... You guys are a riot of wit and originality... My point is more variety in demos would be cool... Show what the pedal can do in various contexts and with multiple instruments... I could give a shit about the people in the video, just show more stuff...

I agree it's cool in concept. The only thing is everything from that company has been pretty formulaic in execution. Like if Urban Outfitters invested in a pedal co. That would be it.

On the other hand we do need more DSLR videos with shallow DOF. :thumb:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 pm

sonidero wrote:Ahh ha ha... You guys are a riot of wit and originality... My point is more variety in demos would be cool... Show what the pedal can do in various contexts and with multiple instruments... I could give a shit about the people in the video, just show more stuff...

You gott'a see though.. there are people say like me that the only thing that matters is "what does it sound like?" and we skip the talking and the and any setup time.. cool art shots.. it's "fucker stopped playing.. fast forward!!!!" I think a video like that is fine for introducing you to a company or would make a cool short film but dude gear is gear.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby wsas3 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:04 pm

^TROOF
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MaxMaps » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 pm

hazelwould wrote:
hazelwould wrote:Eh. no.
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gearmond » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:44 am

play first, talk about it later, and idk different contexts sounds good in theory, but it wasn't really different contexts so much as like... two. and not ones where fuzz tone is very discerning, imo.

ideally i'd say:

solo playing through a couple of different settings, then band context for some of those, then talk about it.
,':{I> ... your move, Trebek.

http://gearmond.bandcamp.com/

my music for you to put in your earholes :joy:
Gearmond

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby one bad monkey » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:08 am

sonidero wrote:Not sure about the pedal or the company... I'm just talkin demo style ya fell???

It's a nice review of the pedal, but given that you don't remember the specific pedal or company that built it, that's a huge flaw. I would've been more impressed if they showed a bit of an actual demo AND THEN worked in what these artists are doing with it. They had the skills and capabilities but completely missed the point of what a pedal demo is supposed to be.

sylnau wrote:It's not just about pedals or sound.

Actually, when you are doing a demo of the pedal, it IS about the pedal and the sound. I don't care about personal experiences and why you like it: let me hear what it does, give me a good range of sounds that it can get, and inspire me to say either "I need to find this pedal and try it myself" or "I know what I can use this for." That video does none of those things.

Artist | Bassist
one bad monkey

experienced
experienced

Postby sonidero » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:59 am

Well well well ILF is becoming very Red v Blue here... We have people that just wanna see demos of pedals in what ever format and the people that demand strict rules placed upon said demos and want the rules enforced... Enteresting, berry berry entersting...
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mudfuzz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 am

sonidero wrote:Well well well ILF is becoming very Red v Blue here... We have people that just wanna see demos of pedals in what ever format and the people that demand strict rules placed upon said demos and want the rules enforced... Enteresting, berry berry entersting...

Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby sonidero » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 am

Mudfuzz wrote:
sonidero wrote:Well well well ILF is becoming very Red v Blue here... We have people that just wanna see demos of pedals in what ever format and the people that demand strict rules placed upon said demos and want the rules enforced... Enteresting, berry berry entersting...

WHO TOLD YOU???
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dark Barn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:18 am

The video felt targeted to a hipster demographic and seemed an attempt to associate the brand with the lifestyle. I shop like a "Man" which is to say I want information/specs and view marketing as bullshit, I used quotes on Man because I know this is a broad generalization but it is only meant to insult those of you who liked this video into waking up and growing a pair, and to redefine this polemic as Men v Sissies, opposed to the obviously fallacious Red v Blue.
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear