Official FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY Tourbox Reviews/Clips/Videos!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Official FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY Tourbox Reviews/Clips/Video

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

i've not uploaded my video yet? I'll get on it.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 pm

I have nothing to speak on for the Barbershop for I barely used it unless to boost the US which sounded great. I mainly played the US and RR. Four eyes was cool, but the fuzz wasn't my exact flavor but that cocked wah sound was cool. Someone could do some damage with that for sure.

Randy's Revenge is ridiculous. So simple and so great. Perfect in every way and has a great blend and range of frequency. In fact, it's the sweep is so wide and sensitive I'd suggest a fine tune knob if there was a v3. Unpleasant Surprise is the best fuzz I've ever played, the simple setup and the great sounds...man, I couldn't get enough. The feedback looper was what it always is...the demos were fun to do. I like the US after my pocket piano, but didn't demo that.

US and RR are my shit!
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Nice!!
PitchGrinder with Randy is a good idea!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Bellyheart wrote:
Randy's Revenge is ridiculous.... In fact, it's the sweep is so wide and sensitive I'd suggest a fine tune knob if there was a v3.

I kinda agree.

Bellyheart wrote:Unpleasant Surprise is the best fuzz I've ever played, the simple setup and the great sounds...man, I couldn't get enough.

Wow, that's some high praise there. Guillaume should post that quote on his website.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:59 pm

So at the rate this is going, I'll have it in July of next year. That about right? Has this been sent on Belly????
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Bellyheart » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Yep bout a week ago...you'll get it when you do.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Bellyheart wrote:Yep bout a week ago...you'll get it when you do.

No shit?

Thanks for the update bro.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Deltaphoenix » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:15 pm

:!!!: Got notice from leastwise that it's heading my way.

I've had an Unpleasant Surprise before, I miss it.

At the least I can record some audio clips, going to run my MarkBass SuperSynth through the Randy, because I finally get RingMods a bit more.
Anyways, YAY
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Deltaphoenix » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:43 pm

The box showed up today, I just got home. I am going to bed soon but will jam out tomorrow on all 5 of the pedals!
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Deltaphoenix » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:54 am

Geez, there will probably be 5 posts by me in here today...First impressions, they all fucking rock! Today I am playing my Dingwall AB1 5 string bass (passive) through my practice amp at home, it is an Ampeg BA-112(50 watts, solid state). I am not really an Ampeg fan but I was in a bind and got it cheap, it is an alright practice amp. Tomorrow I will take the pedals to the practice space with me and run them through my Orange AD200B (200 watts tube head) and Avatar 2-12 cab. Is it cool if I gig with one or two of the pedals tomorrow night? I'll keep them safe...
I Really dig the tremolo sounds from the Randy's Revenge. The Barber Shop sounds really good, the Sag really breathes life and character into the tone. It keeps a bit of the clang that helps me cut through. I knew it would be a quality pedal and I am impressed. The pedal that I had decided that I wouldn't love before I played it, really SOUNDS SO GOOD. The 4 Eyes...I was like Cocked Wah, okay neat, probably very limited in how useful it could be. WRONG. I use an Iron Ether QF2 for a lot of fuzziness on my board (IE calls it a distortion but it's name is QuadraFuzz, a modified Craig Anderton design, it is a fuzz), which splits my signal into 4 bands and I can put as much fuzz on each band as I want, there is a Q control for each band. Well, the 4 Eyes is like a simplified version of the QF2, 3 bands, less tweakability, but I dialed a setting in that I really like immediately. It sounds great in the lower and mid regions of the neck, but when I play higher it gets synthy, but not in a gated way. It reminds me off some Mathew Sweet solo tone that has stuck in the back of my mind since I was a kid, Synthy with sustain. For sure going to capture that setting on a recording.
Unpleasant Surprise of course is badass. It's just has the coolest fizzle out if the gate isn't set too high, where the note is sustaining yet the gate is fucking with it. It really reminds of my favorite parts of the ss/bs Poly-Grace (I miss you Poly).
I didn't mess with Operator!? yet. I am going to put some fuzz and delay in the loop on that. I just need to eat and do a few things first.

I did just get a new computer, I have put Reaper on it, I am sure I'll have to do a thing or two to get it to record but I am going to work on a clip or two today.
Last edited by Deltaphoenix on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sylnau » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am

:thumb: great.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gunner Recall » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 am

Glad you're digging it!

wdinc01 is up next!
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby sylnau » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:56 am

Gunner Recall wrote:Glad you're digging it!

wdinc01 is up next!

Gunner, how did you like them?

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gunner Recall » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:45 pm

I know I've totally dragged ass on my reviews.
The most depressing part? Haven't picked up an instrument since I had the box. 0 making music time.

Just really grilled for time lately with my training /work (had to pick up a 2nd job to make ends meet) and other stuff.

Shorts answer:
4eyes has to be one of my favorite fuzzes I've played in a looooong while. Serious. It was like the thrill I had the very first time I plugged in a fuzz.
You just sit back and say "yes...this is the sound"

The unpleasant surprise was like a vintagey maestro fuzz mixed with a devi fuzz, equal parts old school and new which actually made it pretty unique.

The others I wish I had more time with as they were a bit deeper and/or subtle. Will try and write something more comprehensive soon.
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Gunner Recall wrote:Just really grilled for time lately with my training /work (had to pick up a 2nd job to make ends meet) and other stuff.

Shorts answer:
4eyes has to be one of my favorite fuzzes I've played in a looooong while. Serious. It was like the thrill I had the very first time I plugged in a fuzz.
You just sit back and say "yes...this is the sound"

The unpleasant surprise was like a vintagey maestro fuzz mixed with a devi fuzz, equal parts old school and new which actually made it pretty unique.

Yeah, man, you haven't been posting much. Hope you find some more time to play soon.

4Eyes is an incredibly versatile fuzz especially when stacked into another fuzz.

I've been lovin' my Unpleasant Surprise lately. It does sound kinda vintagey in its splatty gateyness. Maybe that's why I love it so much? Good description.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear