Official FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY Tourbox Reviews/Clips/Videos!!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Official FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY Tourbox Reviews/Clips/Video

Postby colin » Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 am

I'll try to get the pedals out to you later this week Guillaume. Thanks for doing this!
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby insubordination » Thu May 09, 2013 9:32 am

Hard to believe I had my turn with this box ten months ago. It was a lot of fun, I have yet to pick any of these up for myself, but I know I should!

Thanks again Guillaume!
Good deals on ILF: too many to list, just ask!

http://difficult.band
http://missingskull.bandcamp.com
insubordination

Supporter
Supporter

Postby fairfield » Mon May 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Got the pedals the other day! Whooooo! Can't wait to give them a go :erm:
fairfield

involved
involved

Postby sylnau » Mon May 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Let us know how you like them... can't wait for your review. :lol:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colin » Mon May 27, 2013 5:28 pm

I completely forgot to write anything about my time with the tourbox! :picard:

Unfortunately I had the pedals at a bad time for me, and I spent less time with all of them together than I would have liked to spend on each pedal individually. And sadly I had no chance at all to record any demos or clips.

I really liked the Barbershop. Thought it sounded fantastic, covers some of the same territory that I use my ss/bs Fuck for, but they definitely both have their own sound. I could definitely see myself buying a Barbershop one day.

Randy's Revenge was also fantastic. I can see why people refer to it as 'musical' sounding for a ring mod. Not nearly as harsh sounding as what I typically associate with ring mods from my previous experience. Some really cool tones and textures to be had for sure. The trem on it sounds great too!

The Unpleasant Surprise was, well... a bit of a pleasant surprise for me. I do not get along with overly gated fuzz. At all. But I really liked it! I don't know that I can overcame my prejudice of gated fuzzes enough to buy one, but if I ever get offered one in trade I could see myself maybe going for it. Definitely unique.

The Four Eyes was not for me. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance (and I certainly didn't), but I just couldn't get away from a cocked wah sound with it. Definitely cool, but not my cup of tea.

I didn't have time to play with the Operator at all. My bad.

Sorry everyone that I couldn't record any clips or anything. It was really too bad on the timing of the box for me, if it had come a couple of weeks earlier or later I would have had tons of time to try everything out properly and make some demos. Oh well.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Almonds » Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 pm

colin wrote:The Four Eyes was not for me. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance (and I certainly didn't), but I just couldn't get away from a cocked wah sound with it. Definitely cool, but not my cup of tea.

The Four Eyes does the cocked wah sound when the resonance switch is on anything but the middle position....mine never leaves the middle position
When you're ready to come back down
I'll be waiting here
All your friends will be around
I promise I'll wait forever
Almonds

committed
committed

Postby sylnau » Mon May 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Almonds wrote:
colin wrote:The Four Eyes was not for me. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance (and I certainly didn't), but I just couldn't get away from a cocked wah sound with it. Definitely cool, but not my cup of tea.

The Four Eyes does the cocked wah sound when the resonance switch is on anything but the middle position....mine never leaves the middle position

It can also generate other stuff like octave down. I'm not a big fan of the cocked wah either... but this pedal does a lot more.
I really like the rip speaker type of sound it can produce on some setting.

And I agree... Unpleasant Surprise is really awesome.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear